Page 184 of 258 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Omg YES we're finally getting more Amazons in Diana's book! Between this, Marguerite Sauvage teasing a drawing of Hippolyta, and Cheetah coming back, I'm super optimistic about the next arc. I know some people like the more traditional superhero stuff which we're getting with the Villainy Inc. arc but I'm waaay more into stories that tap into her lore.

One thing I love about Cloonrad us that they love the stuff theyre working in, and tey to give the fans all flavours and tastes

You want more amazons? Trial is for you. You want more Lyndacartery stories? Next arc. Cheetah? On september. Mr Boobs? Hes now recurring

Well, its not only the love, bur the talent of being able to put all of that on the table.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

The only thing they can't give fans is a good story

Turns out Cloonrad are both vegan which explains why Diana ordered a salad and why the maga-hat-wearing douchebags feel so passionately about their milk. Mystery solved

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post

Turns out Cloonrad are both vegan which explains why Diana ordered a salad and why the maga-hat-wearing douchebags feel so passionately about their milk. Mystery solved
    ...... What.

Yeah, if Diana ordered a Greek Salad it would have been in character.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Incredible Member

Diana was a vegetarian under Rucka's second run, too, which this is still an extension of.

I mean, when one of her primary powers is talking to animals and is able to have in depth conversations with them, it makes sense to shy away from eating them

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Diana was a vegetarian under Rucka's second run, too, which this is still an extension of.
    I thought everything was canon! If she was a meat eater from a previous run at any point, then can't she be both a vegetarian and like meat? Does it make sense that she comes from an island like Themyscria and comes out of it as a vegetarian?

On another thought, why do we even really care what a comic book character eats?

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I mean, when one of her primary powers is talking to animals and is able to have in depth conversations with them, it makes sense to shy away from eating them
    Depends on which writer allows her to talk with animals. It doesn't seem to get used consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    One thing I love about Cloonrad us that they love the stuff theyre working in, and tey to give the fans all flavours and tastes

You want more amazons? Trial is for you. You want more Lyndacartery stories? Next arc. Cheetah? On september. Mr Boobs? Hes now recurring

Well, its not only the love, bur the talent of being able to put all of that on the table.
    Yeah, I like that Cloonrad's run has been a real balance of all aspects of the character's world. Even with her best runs it feels like "pick 2 - mythology, Amazon lore, standard superheroics" (Perez didn't do much superhero stuff, Rucka never dug into Amazon lore, Gail didn't do much with mythology), but this is probably the first run since Jimenez that fully embraces all 3.

But honestly? I can tell they love writing the book, but I don't sense a particularly passionate love for the character or her world. It's a problem that spans across all of the recent in-continuity writers on WW books/minis (Vita Ayala, Joelle Jones with any character other than Yara, Stephanie Williams). They're clearly having fun with it and want to do right by their characters, and I can especially see that Stephanie Williams really wants to make her mark on Nubia, but none of them seem like they gave WW or her world much thought until they were assigned her books.

I know that seems like a lot to expect, but when I think of the most popular WW runs (Perez, Jimenez, Rucka, Simone) and the fan favorites (e.g. Steve Orlando), the writers were all so clearly in love with Diana. They had strong, clear visions for the character, her mythos, and what she represented, and their stories aimed to capture the core of that. It's the kind of love you see with Mark Waid and Superman or Geoff Johns and Green Lantern. I'm enjoying the Cloonrad run and I'm perfectly happy to see them stick around for a minute, but I really hope whoever gets the book next is a fan going into it.

As others have said Diana has been canonically vegetarian in multiple runs but also it's not that deep.....they just made up a generic macho man drink like Muscle Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, I like that Cloonrad's run has been a real balance of all aspects of the character's world. Even with her best runs it feels like "pick 2 - mythology, Amazon lore, standard superheroics" (Perez didn't do much superhero stuff, Rucka never dug into Amazon lore, Gail didn't do much with mythology), but this is probably the first run since Jimenez that fully embraces all 3.

But honestly? I can tell they love writing the book, but I don't sense a particularly passionate love for the character or her world. It's a problem that spans across all of the recent in-continuity writers on WW books/minis (Vita Ayala, Joelle Jones with any character other than Yara, Stephanie Williams). They're clearly having fun with it and want to do right by their characters, and I can especially see that Stephanie Williams really wants to make her mark on Nubia, but none of them seem like they gave WW or her world much thought until they were assigned her books.

I know that seems like a lot to expect, but when I think of the most popular WW runs (Perez, Jimenez, Rucka, Simone) and the fan favorites (e.g. Steve Orlando), the writers were all so clearly in love with Diana. They had strong, clear visions for the character, her mythos, and what she represented, and their stories aimed to capture the core of that. It's the kind of love you see with Mark Waid and Superman or Geoff Johns and Green Lantern. I'm enjoying the Cloonrad run and I'm perfectly happy to see them stick around for a minute, but I really hope whoever gets the book next is a fan going into it.

As others have said Diana has been canonically vegetarian in multiple runs but also it's not that deep.....they just made up a generic macho man drink like Muscle Milk
    Um, interesting. Probably you're right, there's some individual focused love on Diana herself missing (now that you say it, I guess Trial showed well that, not having Diana as the main protagonist allways)

I guess that, after previous Rebirth runs, my expectations for Diana having protagonism on Wodner Woman stories have lowered a lot (Robinson did a lot of damage). Well see how far the run goes. Maybe it's not the best run in the sense that there's lacking some great story to tell, but it does have stories planned for the long term, and that care for writing the 3 dimensions of Wonder Woman lore yo already said.

That's other thing, we don't get a lot of creative teams on WW interested on telling long stories. Even Orlando had problems with that because he just wanted to touch a lot of stuff in shor-term. Here you can feel Cloonrad had a story from number 1 to the last, and it is remarkable how they managed to mix this 3 dimensions to tell this story so far. Maybe Im exagerating, but I think ongoing series serve this kind of narrative purpose, and it's a shame we don't get to see it often portrayed on Wonder Woman books. You can also feel that this is in part thanks to the editors too.

And, again, honestly, after having 8 runs in 6 years I just want stability.

P.D.: to then ext writer: keep Mr Boobs, please.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Why is it any sort of a problem if Diana eats a salad? Most people eat vegetables whether they're vegan or not.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

This. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I thought everything was canon! If she was a meat eater from a previous run at any point, then can't she be both a vegetarian and like meat? Does it make sense that she comes from an island like Themyscria and comes out of it as a vegetarian?

On another thought, why do we even really care what a comic book character eats?
    She can talk to animals. Of course, it makes sense.

I can see her occasionally eating meat but rarely.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly