Page 188 of 258 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 3858
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While Robinson's Jason story didn't play out anywhere near the way I wanted it to, I liked the other stories that he wrote especially the one with Zara and the Blue Snowman.
    I genuinely liked his Silver Swan arc. And although I didn't love the execution, I liked the idea behind Children of the Gods.

I think what I love most about “Cloonrads” Wonder Woman is that she has a life outside of being Wonder Woman and have a good sense of fashion. I feel like Diana should always have a good style like she have in the movies or even the mod era. I also like that they are bringing in a lot of new golden age characters I wasn’t familiar with. It will be sad when it’s over because it’s always an uneasy feeling learning who the new writers will be.

Oh, we're doing tops?

Ok, so, Ive read ALL wondy comics, from 1941 to 2022, from the first number to even the digital series, and I have a ranking of her stories. A top 100 stories of Wonder Woman. I still have to update it with recent comics, like Black & Gold, Sensational, or more Cloonrad comics. I did some maths for fun, (in my hearth its allways Perez and Rucka) with all the runs, summing up all the positions, and then spliting the addition with the number of stories from such run included on the top. Turns out the results are very interesting...

1. Rucka 2
    2. Rucka 1
    3. Marston
    4. Jimenez
    5. Hummel
    6. Azzarello
    7. Simone
    8. Pérez
    9. Strac
    10. Heinberg

Yeap, poor Perez has ALL his run on the top, but a lot of the stories are at the 75-100 part. Using maths from the moment Orlando has a better qualification than Cloonrad, but that can change in time. And of course, I only counted the ongoing series. If I didn't, Rucka's first run would have ended firstm thanks to Hiketeia.

I would post it, but it's in spanish and, again, needs to be updated with B&G after a reread.

Sorry for double-posting, but I was just in the middle of rereading the Robinson run (being a coleccionist sucks) when I remebered how open was the ending of Silver Swan's arc, using Doctor Psycho as a cliffhanger. There's only one number left, but I wonder if Cloonrad will adress this...

Also, there's another missing knot from the Steve Trevor Special! Man, so many open plots on the WW series whitout any resolution...

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I think what I love most about “Cloonrads” Wonder Woman is that she has a life outside of being Wonder Woman and have a good sense of fashion. I feel like Diana should always have a good style like she have in the movies or even the mod era. I also like that they are bringing in a lot of new golden age characters I wasn’t familiar with. It will be sad when it’s over because it’s always an uneasy feeling learning who the new writers will be.
    That’s something I appreciate about Gal and Patty’s Diana Prince - she’s stylish and can turn on the glam when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    That’s something I appreciate about Gal and Patty’s Diana Prince - she’s stylish and can turn on the glam when necessary.
    I think that’s how it should be. She’s a princess for crying out loud. But I don’t see anyone in the dc universe being stylish besides Selina or Talia Al Ghul maybe.

She's a warrior princess her dress should be made of blood and bones.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    That's been the case for awile...

WW DP FAVE.jpg

She's still wearing her Wonder Woman earrings to dare anyone to guess who she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Sorry for double-posting, but I was just in the middle of rereading the Robinson run (being a coleccionist sucks) when I remebered how open was the ending of Silver Swan's arc, using Doctor Psycho as a cliffhanger. There's only one number left, but I wonder if Cloonrad will adress this....
    Going through this thread, I realized that there were a few runs that I didn't remember at all. James Robinson had a Wonder Woman run???

Then I realized why: I am most hardily *not* a completist/collectionist. I personally feel as though those behaviors send the wrong message to the corporations that publish these books. It says to them: No matter how much you complain about a book or how terrible you think it is, you're still going to buy it. So they have no incentive to improve the artistic quality of the product.

My Wonder Woman collection has holes in it because I stopped collecting the book when I found the writing or art to be atrocious, or when it moved Diana herself in directions I found questionable.

I am, in fact, low-key triggered whenever I see a *hint* of the sperm-donor Zeus stuff. LOL!
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Going through this thread, I realized that there were a few runs that I didn't remember at all. James Robinson had a Wonder Woman run???

Then I realized why: I am most hardily *not* a completist/collectionist. I personally feel as though those behaviors send the wrong message to the corporations that publish these books. It says to them: No matter how much you complain about a book or how terrible you think it is, you're still going to buy it. So they have no incentive to improve the artistic quality of the product.

My Wonder Woman collection has holes in it because I stopped collecting the book when I found the writing or art to be atrocious, or when it moved Diana herself in directions I found questionable.

I am, in fact, low-key triggered whenever I see a *hint* of the sperm-donor Zeus stuff. LOL!
    That is honestly the best way to show your pleasure or displeasure of a run. If we keep buying Wonder Woman and all her ancillary titles, quality be damned, then we are going to get blah storylines with blah writers and artists all the time. When you stop buying and they see sales dropping, maybe that will get them to raise their game.

For example, when the Ben Reilly (the Spider clone saga) happened, and all of a sudden it wasn't Peter Parker that was the original, but Ben Reilly was, I quit that series as well as the 4 or 5 monthly titles. What were they thinking?

Another example, when they had new Krypton or whatever they called it, and had another 100,000 superman types hanging around earth, I immediately dropped Superman and all the titles he had (also 4-5 monthlies) and have never looked back. Last son of Krypton is supposed to mean something.

Don't just blindly spend on a bad product!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

Well I'm a completest and don't apologize for it. I'm missing minis I find atrocious like WW Evolution and a few Sensations and Black, White and Golds but have every issue of the main series since Perez started.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    That is honestly the best way to show your pleasure or displeasure of a run. If we keep buying Wonder Woman and all her ancillary titles, quality be damned, then we are going to get blah storylines with blah writers and artists all the time. When you stop buying and they see sales dropping, maybe that will get them to raise their game.

For example, when the Ben Reilly (the Spider clone saga) happened, and all of a sudden it wasn't Peter Parker that was the original, but Ben Reilly was, I quit that series as well as the 4 or 5 monthly titles. What were they thinking?

Another example, when they had new Krypton or whatever they called it, and had another 100,000 superman types hanging around earth, I immediately dropped Superman and all the titles he had (also 4-5 monthlies) and have never looked back. Last son of Krypton is supposed to mean something.

Don't just blindly spend on a bad product!
    I don't spend blindy I spend because I enjoy it. Even runs I hate are worth having for reference materiel if nothing else.

Incredible Member

I'm kinda shocked that two different Wonder Woman World issues was released today, and I haven't seen any discussion on either. I don't know if that means they were so good that there's nothing to argue about, or if people just aren't interested.

I haven't read the Nubia issue, but I did read Wonder Woman 790. I thought it was a great conclusion to the arc. I liked how Cloorad are showing Diana, Etta, Steve and Siegfried as a dynamic group and everyone is able to pull their own weight, especially Etta in this issue. We discover who is "management." Personally, I was a little disappointed; however, I also see how the person behind it could lead to another Trial of the Amazons type event as this person also has ties to Yara and her tribe, the Amazons, and it wouldn't be unimaginable to believe this person has ties to Bana, as well.

We also see the return of Diana Prince. I know some of you aren't fans, but I absolutely love the Diana Prince identity, and I wouldn't mind seeing this identity doing more museum work like in WW1984.

All in all, I thought this was another great arc like Image Master, and I can't believe how close we are to number 800.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm kinda shocked that two different Wonder Woman World issues was released today, and I haven't seen any discussion on either. I don't know if that means they were so good that there's nothing to argue about, or if people just aren't interested.
    I think it's the former, but I agree that it's odd.

I was disappointed with "management" too, as well as the use of Villainy Inc. in general. But everything else is pure fantastic. Diana Prince looked gorgeous, there's fun flirty banter between Siggy and Steve, and a great confrontation between Diana and Cizko that really tests Diana's patience.

Nubia is great as always, and Zillah is a great addition to the Wonderverse (especially as Nubia's foil). I can't believe there's only one issue left though.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

I haven't read the Nubia issue, but I did read Wonder Woman 790. I thought it was a great conclusion to the arc. I liked how Cloorad are showing Diana, Etta, Steve and Siegfried as a dynamic group and everyone is able to pull their own weight, especially Etta in this issue. We discover who is "management." Personally, I was a little disappointed; however, I also see how the person behind it could lead to another Trial of the Amazons type event as this person also has ties to Yara and her tribe, the Amazons, and it wouldn't be unimaginable to believe this person has ties to Bana, as well.

We also see the return of Diana Prince. I know some of you aren't fans, but I absolutely love the Diana Prince identity, and I wouldn't mind seeing this identity doing more museum work like in WW1984.

All in all, I thought this was another great arc like Image Master, and I can't believe how close we are to number 800.
    I really liked Cloonrad's Wonder Woman #790. Diana, under their pen has become a lot more assertive, aggressive even. She's patient, but only up to certain point. The scenes drawn by Eduardo Pansica were especially nice as his style is well-suited for action sequences. spoilers:
    What a sad fate for Sweetheart.
    end of spoilers I also enjoyed the subtle subtext for the, shall we say, camaraderie between Steve and Siggy. I truly hope Cloonrad in headed in the polyamorous direction for this relationship between them and Diana, similar to Lagoon Boy and his husband and wife on Young Justice.

But I have to say, after reading Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons, I am very tired of the spoilers:
    Evil Hera
    end of spoilers trope.

The Young Diana back-up was also good. Again, Diana being established as fiery, stubborn, headstrong, independent, and aggressively so, is jarring, but interesting.

I also picked up Nubia: Queen of the Amazons #3, which was really good. And Young Justice: Target #1, which didn't have much of Cassie in it, but it was pretty faithful to the animated series.

Also, related to female superheroes: I picked up Dark Crisis Worlds Without a Justice League: Green Lantern #1. I'm not a huge fan of the Lanterns (although, I do love Jo Mullein, John Stewart, and Soranik Natu), but the Hawkgirl back-up was very fun and impeccably drawn.

Finally, I agree. It's sad when a message board meant to talk about Wonder Woman and her books gets so bogged down in what we don't like that we only sporadically talk about what we do. And what we do like is also so incredibly tailored and proscriptive. It's almost as though no two Wonder Woman fans can agree on anything as it relates to Wonder Woman so that instead of discussions, all we have are arguments, making the experience of discussing Wonder Woman a chore and a bore.

I've been seeing this lack of civility and pessimism in the real world, too. Here in NYC, people are more short-tempered than they've ever been. Shooting people over cold french fries, killing people over duck sauce. It's wild out here. I wonder if all that's going on in society from the pandemic to inflation to catastrophic climate change to the stripping of civil rights is having a negative impact on our psyches.

If there was ever a time Wonder Woman could or should be real, now would be the best time.
    Last edited by SonOfBaldwin; 08-09-2022 at 04:07 PM.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.