Page 19 of 258 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I had a Twitter conversation with Conrad about a month ago in which he expressed a fondness for both Dr. Poison and Queen Clea so hopefully that means we'll see them in this run.
    Queen Clea is the only Villainy Inc. member that hasn't been seen at all since Rebirth. I'll love to see them do a revamp.

I'll also love to see Dr. Poison get a story worthy of the A-tier villain I'm convinced she is.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Queen Clea is the only Villainy Inc. member that hasn't been seen at all since Rebirth. I'll love to see them do a revamp.

I'll also love to see Dr. Poison get a story worthy of the A-tier villain I'm convinced she is.
    Rucka making Poison a mercenary in his run one of his only missteps in my opinion, so hopefully if she’s made a little closer to her traditional mad doctor persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Rucka making Poison a mercenary in his run one of his only missteps in my opinion, so hopefully if she’s made a little closer to her traditional mad doctor persona.
    The idea of her being a merc is solid I think. But he didn’t utilize the “poison” aspect at all. Have her basically be a terrorist for hire who is happy to design bio weapons like plagues as long as the check clears. That would help elevate her as a serious threat.

Yeah, mercenary Poison was a little too generic for me.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Poison was the only real miss in the Rebirth run. Deimos, Phobos and Circe had plain designs, but their characters were effective and there was an in-universe reason for allowing them to shift designs.

I would have preferred Maru be swapped out for Giganta as the muscle. Or if it was a pure grounded style merc, a revamped Paula von Gunther or Draska Nishki.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I had a Twitter conversation with Conrad about a month ago in which he expressed a fondness for both Dr. Poison and Queen Clea so hopefully that means we'll see them in this run.
    Please God we need a new take on Queen Clea.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Poison was the only real miss in the Rebirth run. Deimos, Phobos and Circe had plain designs, but their characters were effective and there was an in-universe reason for allowing them to shift designs.

I would have preferred Maru be swapped out for Giganta as the muscle. Or if it was a pure grounded style merc, a revamped Paula von Gunther or Draska Nishki.
    I am kind of surprised Rucka didn't work Giganta in. I mean, doctor, iconic female Rogue, etc.

She seems like she would've been a shoe-in for Godwatch.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

You and me both. These ladies are long overdue their time to shine.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So do we know if this team is here for a few issues. Or if they are taking over the title long term?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So do we know if this team is here for a few issues. Or if they are taking over the title long term?
    They're here at least until WW's 80th anniversary celebration. But does any writer ever really know how long they're going to be on a comic? It'll all depend on fan reaction/sales.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Most of the interviews they've given suggest they'll be here for a while, they have an arc apparently planned to go to around Diana's 80th (so fall this year presumably).

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    They're here at least until WW's 80th anniversary celebration. But does any writer ever really know how long they're going to be on a comic? It'll all depend on fan reaction/sales.
    I see. Thank you.

I'm not sure how to quote the Reddit forum, but someone did ask about Wondy's classic villains, and the creators' answers are below. I noticed Conrad made a particular mention of the "Dr." villains, so I'm hoping Psycho, Poison, and Cyber make an appearance or preferably several.

Cloonan also says that a few familiar villainous faces will show up in the God Sphere although more will show up once that particular storyline has concluded. Both are copy and pasted below. Also, just because I know a lot of people here care; they said that while Diana will start off as more "warrior" in their run, they are gunning for the balance of diplomat/warrior that is important to the uniqueness of the character and her mission.

level 2
    michaelwconrad
    3 hours ago
    Yes! I love the classic rogues gallery, especially the ones with Doctor in the name! Yes we will use some of them!

beckycloonan
    3 hours ago
    Hello! Thank you so much! Issue 2 of IWW is one of the proudest I‘ve ever been about working on a comic, can’t wait for you to read it! Villains have been a big point of discussion for us- I always believe that having a solid villain helps to define a hero in so many nuanced ways that would be impossible otherwise. We start out in the Sphere of the Gods so we’ve got a few new characters I hope you’ll like, but we have a lot of big stuff planned for her rogues gallery after that so hold on tight!! I think you’ll be stoked. (Edited to add that we’ll definitely be seeing a few familiar faces in the Sphere of the Gods too... heh)
    Almost all of Wondy's classic villains are doctors, lol.

I wonder if he meant the ones that actually use the word Doctor in their villain names or was referring to all Wonder Woman villains that are doctors (probably both). Since Doctor Psycho is in the Infinite Legends promo despite not appearing in a main Wonder Woman title in years, I would guess they have plans for him.

I also wonder which villain from her rogues gallery will appear in their first arc. Circe, Cheetah and Grail are the only villains I can think of who would be remotely interested in the Sphere of the Gods.

I'm glad they recognize that Diana is both a warrior and a diplomate, to many people forget the diplomate part. I feel like Rucka and Perez always balanced that out well, hopefully they are able to do the same.

The question about the warrior/diplomat stuff was what most stood out to me also so these are some good signs.

Given we’ll be in Norse territory atm, hopefully the familiar faces involve Gundra.
    Ooooohh, that would be exciting. I've literally never heard of her till now, lol. They said they view their first arc and a jumping on point for new readers, it would make sense to use a mostly unknown villain as the main villain of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am kind of surprised Rucka didn't work Giganta in. I mean, doctor, iconic female Rogue, etc.

She seems like she would've been a shoe-in for Godwatch.
    Now that I think about it, has Rucka ever used Giganta?

I never really liked the diplomat angle. It's unique, but it still bores me as much as the warrior version. I think Diana's foundation should be like a series of communes around the world that are sort of trying to merge the world of Themyscira with the modern world of women. Make it light a combination of a university with women's studies and political debates, theraphy center and retreat center, women's shelter, orphanage, greenhouses where they create biopunk technology, hospitals with experiments in bio engineering, and a gym inspired by the amazon training. Kind of like a cult except people can still interact with the outside world and there are genuine debates, not a religion, ans no dogmas.