Page 20 of 258 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Now that I think about it, has Rucka ever used Giganta?
    I haven’t read much of his other DC work but I think she was one of the only notable ones he didn’t use between either of his runs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Almost all of Wondy's classic villains are doctors, lol.

I wonder if he meant the ones that actually use the word Doctor in their villain names or was referring to all Wonder Woman villains that are doctors (probably both). Since Doctor Psycho is in the Infinite Legends promo despite not appearing in a main Wonder Woman title in years, I would guess they have plans for him.

I also wonder which villain from her rogues gallery will appear in their first arc. Circe, Cheetah and Grail are the only villains I can think of who would be remotely interested in the Sphere of the Gods.

I'm glad they recognize that Diana is both a warrior and a diplomate, to many people forget the diplomate part. I feel like Rucka and Perez always balanced that out well, hopefully they are able to do the same.
    Based on the quote I pasted, he seems to mean the ones with Doctor in their name: "Yes! I love the classic rogues gallery, especially the ones with Doctor in the name! Yes we will use some of them!"

Circe, Cheetah, Grail and Ares seem to be the ones who will be the most interested in the Sphere of Gods, so those seem to be the most likely candidates.

Oh god. Those villains are so overused already.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Based on the quote I pasted, he seems to mean the ones with Doctor in their name: "Yes! I love the classic rogues gallery, especially the ones with Doctor in the name! Yes we will use some of them!"

Circe, Cheetah, Grail and Ares seem to be the ones who will be the most interested in the Sphere of Gods, so those seem to be the most likely candidates.
    Circe was in that poster shot so that raises the possibility also.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I haven’t read much of his other DC work but I think she was one of the only notable ones he didn’t use between either of his runs.
    She showed up in the two part crossover with Cheetah teaming up with Zoom, but I think Johns wrote that half.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh god. Those villains are so overused already.
    They said they're introducing new characters, and I'm assuming new villains, in this story arc. I'm assuming if it is one of these villains are in this arc, they won't be the main villain of the story. They'll probably be hinted at or introduced at the end to build up on the next story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She showed up in the two part crossover with Cheetah teaming up with Zoom, but I think Johns wrote that half.
    Right, I usually skip that in my re-reads of his run so must be why I forgot she was there.

Extraordinary Member

So Bleeding Cool published some rumors saying that with Diana "dead" the Amazons will be competing to pick a successor to the Wonder Woman mantle. With Hippolyta appearing in JL I assume she would be taking up the name Wonder Woman but perhaps not? Wonder if we'll see that play out in this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So Bleeding Cool published some rumors saying that with Diana "dead" the Amazons will be competing to pick a successor to the Wonder Woman mantle. With Hippolyta appearing in JL I assume she would be taking up the name Wonder Woman but perhaps not? Wonder if we'll see that play out in this book.
    Ah, nice to see them continue that Greco-Roman traditional of multiple claimants to a title once someone dies.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If only they had a system in place to choose the champion of Themyscira.....and if this is true, I assume Cassie/Donna wont bother competing.

Could it be Nubia?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hippolyta and Donna have both subbed for Diana before when she was dead or inactive as Wonder Woman so I doubt they'll rehash one of them in the role. It will probably be Nubia or maybe Cassie with Yara taking over the Wonder Girl codename.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Could it be Nubia?
    If they are doing a "new" Wonder Woman...it'll 100% be Nubia. You dont push her that much just to put some random or Cassie in the role.

Why would the Amazons compete to be the new Wonder Woman? The only relevance Wonder Woman has to them is that it's Diana, unless they feel they need a new Champion in Man's World but that just sounds weird now that it's not a self-sacrificing act anymore.

Possible spoiler leaks for Wonder Woman from Vordan's thread in the main DC Forum

spoilers:
    Amazons are fighting over who gets to be the new Wonder Woman, Hippolyta gives them a test. Nubia wins, Hippolyta gives her the crown and makes her queen before leaving to be the new Wonder Woman herself.
    Hippolyta somehow knows Yara by name, Diana has never heard of her.
    Yara left Brazil when she was a child too young to remember it, she was raised by her (deaf) aunt and (white) uncle in Idaho. As an adult she's traveling back to Brazil for the first time.
    end of spoilers

So sounds like Hippolyta and Nubia both have a claim to the title at the moment.
    end of spoilers