Page 201 of 258 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3858

Fun issue! It read like an episode of the TV series’ CBS era. Bet that was a treat for Sauvage—as she’s a big Lynda Carter fan. I hope we get more interior work from Sauvage. (Although her Etta looks nothing like the way other artists have been portraying Etta lately. It’s like the “actress” has been recast. Heh.)

ETA: I really enjoyed seeing Hippolyta as a guiding/comforting figure for Diana. I was worried that Hippolyta’s death wouldn’t allow for that.
    Last edited by Largo161; 09-14-2022 at 12:58 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Incredible Member

Yeah, wow, Sauvage and Wonder Woman just make so much freaking sense. It was like some of the best shojo artwork out there, and I say that as high praise. And those colors! What a pretty book!

Well, we have a lot of things in the mix and it'll be interesting to see where this goes...wish we didn't have to wait a whole month.

Excellent number for the beginning of what seems to be a story in two parts.
    Hippolyta being a spiritual guide, Etta and the Esquecidas helping Diana and Cheetah & Cale... well, the table is served.
    The back-up story more and more interesting.
    Love the art !

I've been rallying us around rounding out the current cast, which I really LOVE, with a third woman, but NEVER counted on that woman being Force ghost Hippolyta. Never.

I guess with her and all these Amazons around, there's no room for Doc Julia or Mala or Gudra.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-13-2022 at 09:18 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think Geoff Johns would actually try between him and King. Geoff has gone on record saying he didn't really care that much for Wonder Woman when he was writing Justice League but really found a fondness and interest for the character by the time the Darkseid War hit. King on the other hand is only capable of deconstructionist writing that he would tear the character apart while writing about everyone else in the book except her....making her miserable in the and angsty.
    Geoff can say that all he wants. His work and the decisions he forced on the character's mythology don't support his words

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Honestly other than the gorgeous artwork (easily the best on the main book since the Scott/Evely days) I really wish I liked today's issue more than I did.

spoilers:
    I loved seeing Diana interact more with the Esquecidas and address them as her sisters (plus really cool use of the lasso with Anahi at the beginning!), but I'm feeling very done with the street level stuff in this run. It felt like a bait-and-switch - they were just starting to get into the stuff with the gods and explore some neat Amazon mysticism, only to quickly devolve into a clichéd "scope out a secret government operation" story. I was definitely intrigued by the ending with Cheetah though (and now we may see Veronica Cale, which I have mixed feelings about...).

Also I really didn't like Diana beating the ever-loving crap out of some normal human guards just doing their jobs, especially when she (a) has super speed and (b) could easily have brought some of the Esquecidas' tranquilizer darts. And even if she did knock them out, surely she could have done it without literally pistol-whipping some regular dude's teeth out.

That said, in spite of my complaints I'm very open to the possibility that I'm being impatient and they're getting there.
    end of spoilers

Admittedly I think I'm also feeling a little sour on it because I just started rereading Rucka's Post-Crisis run and it's SO creative, intelligent, and epic in scope. A side-by-side isn't at all fair but it makes the Cloonrad run look really juvenile and derivative in comparison. Their Etta is still the best though.
    There's no place to go but down after that unfortunately. At least with CLOONRAD's issue where Diana returns to the mortal plane she "feels" like that Diana.

It is just unfortunate that DiDio and Johns choices so severely damaged DC in general and WW in particular

Astonishing Member

Post Zero Hour.

Have they completely stopped drawing Etta as a chunkier lady? At this rate, 10 issues from now she will look like a Mike Deodato-drawn woman. I love having a regular member of the cast who has a different body type from the typical comic book lady.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Have they completely stopped drawing Etta as a chunkier lady? At this rate, 10 issues from now she will look like a Mike Deodato-drawn woman. I love having a regular member of the cast who has a different body type from the typical comic book lady.

I think she still looks chunky, just glammed up a bit from her Rebirth look with the mohawk. I prefer Sauvage's version of her to anything we've seen since Rebirth.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

My favorite part of any WONDER WOMAN comic is knowing she could be replaced by nightwing and the story wouldn't change.

Literally have Cheetah, CHEETAH, in just a regular animal cage like... 0 creativity in the end chunks of the issue there.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's a reveal. We dont know what they will say next issue. If her cage is regular. She's clearly under some manipulation since her eyes are GLOWING

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's a reveal. We dont know what they will say next issue. If her cage is regular. She's clearly under some manipulation since her eyes are GLOWING
    So, it be incompetence, there is no safety measure if it fails, or she goes rabid.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think she still looks chunky, just glammed up a bit from her Rebirth look with the mohawk. I prefer Sauvage's version of her to anything we've seen since Rebirth.
    I think you are right (at least I hope you are right). I was just confused because the way they drew her in this issue, her face looks so...thin. I know that this might be silly to some, but Etta being chunky and "normal" looking has always been, in my opinion, part of what makes her charming and unique as far as major supporting cast members for a major superhero.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I think you are right (at least I hope you are right). I was just confused because the way they drew her in this issue, her face looks so...thin. I know that this might be silly to some, but Etta being chunky and "normal" looking has always been, in my opinion, part of what makes her charming and unique as far as major supporting cast members for a major superhero.

A lot of women(and drag queens) use a make up technique called conturing which makes their faces appear slimmer and more defined. With Etta all glammed up, that could be the case here.

As for Cheetah being in a cage, it's like due to Dr. Veronica Cale who could be using a combination of science and magic to keep her docile.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    A lot of women(and drag queens) use a make up technique called conturing which makes their faces appear slimmer and more defined. With Etta all glammed up, that could be the case here.

As for Cheetah being in a cage, it's like due to Dr. Veronica Cale who could be using a combination of science and magic to keep her docile.
    Cale can now use magic? Can she be a possible threat to the Justice League Dark if that is the case?