Page 202 of 258 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Cale can now use magic? Can she be a possible threat to the Justice League Dark if that is the case?
    She de- and re-Cheetahfied her in The Lies by making a serum with a little piece of the Urzkartaga plant, and considering this issue was all about a factory that processed magical mystery flowers it's probably something similar. She also cast a spell to summon Circe at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Have they completely stopped drawing Etta as a chunkier lady? At this rate, 10 issues from now she will look like a Mike Deodato-drawn woman. I love having a regular member of the cast who has a different body type from the typical comic book lady.
    Etta looks like a completely different person every run and it seems to be a very frequent problem with Black characters - even Nubia varies wildly depending on the book/artist. She's at least consistently been portrayed as chunky, but it's definitely true that the recent artists have drawn her smaller than Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp did. I did think she looked quite slim in this issue but I think we only saw her behind a desk so hard to tell.

Her design in the Dark Crisis tie-in from this week is my favorite in a while though. She's short, fat, and cute, closer to a modernized Black version of the old-school design. Wish everyone took that cue!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Cale can now use magic? Can she be a possible threat to the Justice League Dark if that is the case?

No but she's been known acquire mystical services from the likes of Circe I believe.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Incredible Member

The story had problems, but damn that artwork was gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    She de- and re-Cheetahfied her in The Lies by making a serum with a little piece of the Urzkartaga plant, and considering this issue was all about a factory that processed magical mystery flowers it's probably something similar. She also cast a spell to summon Circe at one point.

Etta looks like a completely different person every run and it seems to be a very frequent problem with Black characters - even Nubia varies wildly depending on the book/artist. She's at least consistently been portrayed as chunky, but it's definitely true that the recent artists have drawn her smaller than Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp did. I did think she looked quite slim in this issue but I think we only saw her behind a desk so hard to tell.

Her design in the Dark Crisis tie-in from this week is my favorite in a while though. She's short, fat, and cute, closer to a modernized Black version of the old-school design. Wish everyone took that cue!
    What DC tie in? I'd love to see how Etta looks!

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What DC tie in? I'd love to see how Etta looks!
    It's the Dark Crisis: World Without a Justice League one-shot! Here's the preview (in addition to being super cute Etta's the US president which rules)

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/09/dc...onder-woman-1/

It's the Dark Crisis: World Without a Justice League one-shot! Here's the preview (in addition to being super cute Etta's the US president which rules)

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/09/dc...onder-woman-1/
    Actually I yotally disagree with that. The best Etta Candy is a chaotic adventurer. She has no patience for bureaucracy.

All current versions of Etta Candy are boring characters that might as well be thrown away. Only Amy Reeder understands why Etta is cool and why she is an essential part of the Wonder Woman stories.

It's the same thing thay usually happens with Jimmy Olsen. Matt Fraction was the first modern writer to really show why Jimmy Olsen exists as a character, and someone needs do that for Etta

Anyways

WONDER WOMAN #794
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN, MICHAEL W. CONRAD, and JORDIE BELLAIRE
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and PAULINA GANUCHEAU
    Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    Variant cover by JEN BARTEL
    1:25 variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    DC Holiday Card variant cover by TRAVIS and JORDAN KOTZEBUE
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/13/22

After rescuing the Cheetah from the clutches of the evil International Milk Company, Wonder Woman must set her sights on the real monsters behind it all…the gods! The gods of fear and panic, Phobos and Deimos, have been having a little too much fun controlling the minds of men, and the world has started to suffer the consequences. Diana is going to need a fellow expert on deities to save the day, but you’ll never guess who!

Last edited by Gaius; 09-16-2022 at 09:49 AM.

I still enjoy Cloonrad's run, but I too am still waiting for something big to happen that really blows me away. The first Valhalla issues came close and the Mirror arc was intriguing but I'm missing something. A struggle and a challenge that actually feels real.

I love the range they are bringing to the table and I thought making Diana a bit more juvenile while she didn't have all her memories was great, but by right Diana just has too much of a rookie feel to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was a good issue, not mindblowing but good, GREAT art though. That's for sure.

I still think everything with the Amazons was rushed tbh and all 3 tribes coming together with no issue has thrown away A LOT of story. Diana is finally interacting with the Esquecidas 1:1 and I think if there were still some tension there, it would've made things a little more exciting.
    That's a good point!

I really liked Etta's desgin in the tie-in too. I'd add fashionable to the listed attributes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Actually I yotally disagree with that. The best Etta Candy is a chaotic adventurer. She has no patience for bureaucracy.

All current versions of Etta Candy are boring characters that might as well be thrown away. Only Amy Reeder understands why Etta is cool and why she is an essential part of the Wonder Woman stories.

It's the same thing thay usually happens with Jimmy Olsen. Matt Fraction was the first modern writer to really show why Jimmy Olsen exists as a character, and someone needs do that for Etta
    Amy Reeder? Do you mean Renae De Liz?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Anyways

Cheetah needs to be rescued from a milk company? Wonder Woman's arch-enemy, ladies and gentlemen

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Yeah I definitely prefer that as well. In fact, I prefer when no one in the WW world has any involvement with the US government at all, save for maybe Steve. But it's a lot more interesting than whatever it is they've been doing with Etta since Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I still enjoy Cloonrad's run, but I too am still waiting for something big to happen that really blows me away. The first Valhalla issues came close and the Mirror arc was intriguing but I'm missing something. A struggle and a challenge that actually feels real.

I love the range they are bringing to the table and I thought making Diana a bit more juvenile while she didn't have all her memories was great, but by right Diana just has too much of a rookie feel to her.
    Those are my general thoughts but honestly the fact that she feels amateurish and the story completely devoid of stakes is burning me out to the point where I'm not really enjoying it anymore. There's no intensity or suspense and frankly there's no brain. I was feeling optimistic because of what they were setting up with the gods, but hearing they're gonna be doing yet ANOTHER extended arc of nonsense like the milk company...that makes me just feel like abandoning ship.

I know people here like it, but I think it's just time to get fresh blood on the title. It's getting so stale and the character and her world deserve better. And there's certainly nothing happening that's going to help with sales.

At least we have Historia, though that's ending after a few months (and hopefully not for good).

Anyone else feel this and November's Trinity issue should be reversed. Feels like that one is interrupting the Cheetah stuff.

I'm enjoying the run but I wouldn't be opposed to a new team. I think they've officially overtaken Rucka's run for longest run we've had since Rebirth and I've gotten more enjoyment out of them than Robinson and Wilson at least.
    Hmm, yeah. Simone and De Liz are the only modern-ish writers who've made me enjoy Etta as a regular cast member.

I have yet to read Renae de Liz's full series but from what I saw you are right, she also seems to understand why Etta is so cool and fun. Along with Amy Reeder

I'm gonna venture to guess that Mary / Shazam will be the starring guest teased in those solicits. Which wouldn't be a bad idea.