Page 207 of 258 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3858
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Did you read it? Was it spectacular? No. The worst? Hardly.
    The bar is so low these days. That the conversation about was it really the worst? is just pointless.

For Cheetah it was one of her worst showings. She was super weak. For WW, it was yet again a case of bipolar disorder. She could have used the lasso properly to make the guy tell the truth. Instead of saying she would let Cheetah have her way with him if he didn't speak. She let Cheetah attack those men when she could have avoided unnecessary blood being spilt. But then she is acting all lovey dovey pages later, when earlier she was acting kinda rude and agressive in a situation that didn't call for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean we have Joker simping for Power Girl now, so I guess he's on his path to redemption? lol
    I'm personally fond of Joker's suburban stepdad redemption arc.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The bar is so low these days. That the conversation about was it really the worst? is just pointless.

For Cheetah it was one of her worst showings. She was super weak. For WW, it was yet again a case of bipolar disorder. She could have used the lasso properly to make the guy tell the truth. Instead of saying she would let Cheetah have her way with him if he didn't speak. She let Cheetah attack those men when she could have avoided unnecessary blood being spilt. But then she is acting all lovey dovey pages later, when earlier she was acting kinda rude and agressive in a situation that didn't call for that.
    Cheetah wasnt super weak, she was under the influence of a magical flower that made her susceptible to orders. Some want Diana to rip out Supermans still beating heart so this should've been perfect.

Cheetah wasnt super weak, she was under the influence of a magical flower that made her susceptible to orders. Some want Diana to rip out Supermans still beating heart so this should've been perfect.
    She couldn't break a regular cage. She was taken out by a regular dart. And couldn't break the tree she was tied up in. Super weak.

Did she rip Superman's heart in this? I missed that page i guess.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 10-12-2022 at 08:39 PM.

I mean, she's got a new form and everything so I'd judge how she is used now moving forward.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

She couldn't break a regular cage. She was taken out by a regular dart. And couldn't break the tree she was tied up in. Super weak.

Did she rip Superman's heart in this? I missed that page i guess.
    She never tried to break the cage. She was tranqed, its taken down plenty of superheroes. She was bound by thr lasso was she not?

If someone wants Diana to be vlood thirsty then here ya go. She didn't care about lives so its a win

She never tried to break the cage. She was tranqed, its taken down plenty of superheroes. She was bound by thr lasso was she not?

If someone wants Diana to be vlood thirsty then here ya go. She didn't care about lives so its a win
    a reglar dart taking her down is super weak. And the lasso may be unbreakable. But a tree is not.

If she is going to be blood thirsty, let it happen when sm is around. Not regular humans that pose no threat.

She really was super weak in this story. Honestly, Johns' JL was probably the last time she had a good showing.

I don't know why you sound so surprised, let's face it, Cheetah is pretty lame. It's not the werecat thing, because Tigra, Feral and Pantha are all better characters. They should have switched from Barbara years ago. Deborah Domaine is my favorite, but I'd gladly take Priscilla at this point.

For Cheetah it was one of her worst showings. She was super weak. For WW, it was yet again a case of bipolar disorder. She could have used the lasso properly to make the guy tell the truth. Instead of saying she would let Cheetah have her way with him if he didn't speak. She let Cheetah attack those men when she could have avoided unnecessary blood being spilt.
    But then it wouldn't be "edgy" enough for some people. Edgy Diana is always better, right?/s

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The main issue with the idea of Circe or Ares as Diana's archenemy is that it just doesn't fit with the rest of the DC Universe. You're not going to see either of them chumming it up with the Legion of Doom, the most prominent villain group of DC and the home to all of the big name superheroes' archenemies. Sure, Circe joined up with Joker and Lex in the 90s but that was a huge WTF moment and hasn't been done since. Cheetah will always fit that role and thus I think will always be her iconic "archenemy" representative.

Also... nobody else thinks that this Cheetah development is setting up a huge Cheetah story arc for issue #800?
    Joker and Luthor aren't known as Batman and Superman's respective archenemies because of the Legion of Doom, so why should that be a factor in Ares or Circe being Diana's archenemy? And frankly, Luthor and Joker teaming up is just as nonsensical when you take their respective goals and ideologies into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't know why you sound so surprised, let's face it, Cheetah is pretty lame. It's not the werecat thing, because Tigra, Feral and Pantha are all better characters. They should have switched from Barbara years ago. Deborah Domaine is my favorite, but I'd gladly take Priscilla at this point.
    Based on what? Tigra's treated with even less dignity than Cheetah usually is and Pantha's mostly known for being part of the period that began the decline of the Titans comics series.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Based on what? Tigra's treated with even less dignity than Cheetah usually is and Pantha's mostly known for being part of the period that began the decline of the Titans comics series.

I believe Marv Wolfman stated that he brought in Pantha, Red Star, & Phantasm because the success of the Titans had started to wain & he was trying to reinvent them back into greatness. I'm not saying it worked but I think the Titans were having problems before Pantha came along.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tigra is much more than that one horrific issue of New Avengers. If you start at the beggining and read her adventures as The Cat, her transition into Tigra and her eventually becoming a mother you'll see Greer Nelson is a great character. Dr. Poison already explained Pantha to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Tigra is much more than that one horrific issue of New Avengers. If you start at the beggining and read her adventures as The Cat, her transition into Tigra and her eventually becoming a mother you'll see Greer Nelson is a great character. Dr. Poison already explained Pantha to you.
    Cheetah has had some great character moments too. And based on feats tigra is nothing special either. But this is not the faukt of the characters. WW herself has been terribly writen and portrayed super weak in many comics. So i guess by your logic it means she sucks as a character.