Page 21 of 258 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Possible spoiler leaks for Wonder Woman from Vordan's thread in the main DC Forum

spoilers:
    Amazons are fighting over who gets to be the new Wonder Woman, Hippolyta gives them a test. Nubia wins, Hippolyta gives her the crown and makes her queen before leaving to be the new Wonder Woman herself.
    Hippolyta somehow knows Yara by name, Diana has never heard of her.
    Yara left Brazil when she was a child too young to remember it, she was raised by her (deaf) aunt and (white) uncle in Idaho. As an adult she's traveling back to Brazil for the first time.
    end of spoilers

So sounds like Hippolyta and Nubia both have a claim to the title at the moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is going to look really silly when Diana comes back in a few months .
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    This is going to look really silly when Diana comes back in a few months .
    end of spoilers

Possible spoiler leaks for Wonder Woman from Vordan's thread in the main DC Forum

spoilers:
    Amazons are fighting over who gets to be the new Wonder Woman, Hippolyta gives them a test. Nubia wins, Hippolyta gives her the crown and makes her queen before leaving to be the new Wonder Woman herself.
    Yara left Brazil when she was a child too young to remember it, she was raised by her (deaf) aunt and (white) uncle in Idaho. As an adult she's traveling back to Brazil for the first time.
    end of spoilers

So sounds like Hippolyta and Nubia both have a claim to the title at the moment.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wait, if Nubia won the contest, why would she stay and be queen? It's the one who wins supposed to leave the island and help the world or something?

Sounds like we're getting a Reign of the Wonder Women arc, lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait, if Nubia won the contest, why would she stay and be queen? It's the one who wins supposed to leave the island and help the world or something?

Sounds like we're getting a Reign of the Wonder Women arc, lol.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I’m guessing it’s a “I didn’t technically say what the contest was for” situation.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    that makes no sense "who wants to be WW! You in! Now you are Queen but I AM ALSO LEAVING for Mans World

But im already annoyed that it seems like Cassie/Donna will likely be nowhere to be found in all of this
    end of spoilers

Like huh?
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 02-05-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Ugh, I just remembered Bendis is writing Justice League and that it will have Hippolyta on the team. Hopefully he won't make her as insufferable as Lois Lane was in his Superman run.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ugh, I just remembered Bendis is writing Justice League and that it will have Hippolyta on the team. Hopefully he won't make her as insufferable as Lois Lane was in his Superman run.
    I like Bendis' DC work more than most but I'm not expecting he'd probably write Diana or Hippolyta all that differently.

I like Bendis' DC work more than most but I'm not expecting he'd probably write Diana or Hippolyta all that differently.
    Yeah, pretty much.

I expect it to be a Morrison JLA situation where he just writes her like Diana. And yeah the implication seems to be that spoilers:
    Hippolyta pulls a con on the Amazons and what they think is a contest to be Wonder Woman is actually a contest to see who takes over as Queen
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

spoilers:
    I’m guessing it’s a “I didn’t technically say what the contest was for” situation.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Hahahahaha!!! That would be hilarious if it happens. They should have gone with making Nubia as Diana's successor so she could spend some time with the Justice League. Hippolyta already had a run around the Millennium.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect it to be a Morrison JLA situation where he just writes her like Diana. And yeah the implication seems to be that spoilers:
    Hippolyta pulls a con on the Amazons and what they think is a contest to be Wonder Woman is actually a contest to see who takes over as Queen
    end of spoilers
    That doesn't sound like something that others should be ok with.

Yeah, pretty much.
    One can only be disappointed in big name DC writers when it comes to Diana so many times.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The Amazons should always be side eying Hippolyta every time she declares a Contest to be held. She's always up to something lol
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    end of spoilers
    Not that Bendis' Diana is all that amazing either.

spoilers:
    How does that even make sense? Training for being Wonder Woman should be nothing like training to be the queen of the Amazons.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Not that Bendis' Diana is all that amazing either.

spoilers:
    How does that even make sense? Training for being Wonder Woman should be nothing like training to be the queen of the Amazons.
    end of spoilers
    So i guess more weak warrior woman and her sword is in store foe us.