Page 213 of 258 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3858
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do prefer she have purple hair.
    I agree. It's unique. I like the Dodson design a lot but I think it could use an update.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

What she really needs is to be brought back in the main book. My memory may be failing me, but wasn't the last we saw of her in JL Dark? I think she got a really good showing in both the Witching Hour crossover and then the later arc, but I want her to be the main antagonist or at least guest spot for an arc in the mainline book (and the backup doesn't count). Hopefully whatever godly machinations Cloonrad are plotting will involve our favorite evil sorceress! And have someone give this woman a proper design, though I'm partial to her switching between them as she pleases. It's fun and visual! Purple hair is a must, the Rebirth design's hair color was too close to Barbara's red hair for my taste, and it'd stand out even more now that we have an athleisure Cheetah design with her hair back.

I been off the due to family issues but is Steve in the book a world without Wonder Woman and I do hope he can actually stay in her book and not disappear

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I been off the due to family issues but is Steve in the book a world without Wonder Woman and I do hope he can actually stay in her book and not disappear
    He isn't, at least not that I remember.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I do not like the rebirth design at all. It looks more like Sharon Osbourne on a bad day at a board meeting, not Circe. Perez's design was divine. Dodson's design was excellent. I even liked the design she had in Superman/Wonder Woman or was it in Trinity?
    rLjqh2J.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I do not like the rebirth design at all. It looks more like Sharon Osbourne on a bad day at a board meeting, not Circe. Perez's design was divine. Dodson's design was excellent. I even liked the design she had in Superman/Wonder Woman or was it in Trinity?
    rLjqh2J.jpg
    first appeared in superman/wonder woman.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I want that too. And it looked like #780 onwards they had plans for him and Diana, with both trying to reach each other or thinking about each other. But then that kinda disappeared. I was looking forward to that.

I am not sure where the current storyline is headed, it's a bit directionless for my taste. Just my opinion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    I want that too. And it looked like #780 onwards they had plans for him and Diana, with both trying to reach each other or thinking about each other. But then that kinda disappeared. I was looking forward to that.

I am not sure where the current storyline is headed, it's a bit directionless for my taste. Just my opinion.
    I think the direction is a bit...scattershot, but the impression I get is that they're trying to establish a firm status quo from which they and future writers can build off of. I agree with whoever said that part of the fun of this run are the easter eggs and callbacks to older WW mythos stuff. The stakes definitely dropped, ironically, once she willed herself back to life, but I don't mind. Easy, breezy Wonder Gal and her troupe of misfits (Steve being the odd man out between the extraness of Diana, Etta, Siggy, and now Cheetah for however long her guest spot lasts) stopping weirdo supervillains and dealing with the machinations of gods isn't a bad take. After some of the atrocities Diana's book has been subject to, this run really did feel like a breath of fresh air., at first. I will say that the last issue left me a little disappointed with how weak Cheetah was portrayed and conflicted on her releasing a freaking magical Werecheetah on a bunch of regular humans but... I try not to dwell on the negatives, especially with the Sauvage's gorgeous art. The Young Diana stuff also seems to be canon, giving us Diana's origin before leaving the island, and I think Cloonrad have mentioned the backup being important. I'd honestly rather the backup be given to any of the many deserving Wonder ladies, but I also appreciate that it's aimed at the YA crowd and that editorial seems to want to cement her origin (not WW's origin, but Diana's if that makes sense)/Amazon foundation.

But seriously, Diana has been without a regular monthly artist for how many years now??? All the good artists assigned to her book get taken away by other books. I miss Xermanico and Travis Moore, and Emmanuela Lupachino deserves to have a nice run on WW instead of the little one-offs she gets. Teasing us with Sauvage is also cruel, especially with how gorgeous the last two issues were in spite of a weaker story. I know Marie Javins is in Diana's corner, but I wish she'd mandate editorial find a consistent and high-quality artist for the book that can deliver steady monthly issues.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

792 was one of the worst WW comis i have read recently. The story and the art are a no for me. I am guessing this team will be gone soon right? I don't enjoy their lifless, boring and of course weak WW. Probably WW 800 will have a new team. One can only hope. Maybe one day i will enjoy the book again.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I think the direction is a bit...scattershot, but the impression I get is that they're trying to establish a firm status quo from which they and future writers can build off of. I agree with whoever said that part of the fun of this run are the easter eggs and callbacks to older WW mythos stuff. The stakes definitely dropped, ironically, once she willed herself back to life, but I don't mind. Easy, breezy Wonder Gal and her troupe of misfits (Steve being the odd man out between the extraness of Diana, Etta, Siggy, and now Cheetah for however long her guest spot lasts) stopping weirdo supervillains and dealing with the machinations of gods isn't a bad take. After some of the atrocities Diana's book has been subject to, this run really did feel like a breath of fresh air., at first. I will say that the last issue left me a little disappointed with how weak Cheetah was portrayed and conflicted on her releasing a freaking magical Werecheetah on a bunch of regular humans but... I try not to dwell on the negatives, especially with the Sauvage's gorgeous art. The Young Diana stuff also seems to be canon, giving us Diana's origin before leaving the island, and I think Cloonrad have mentioned the backup being important. I'd honestly rather the backup be given to any of the many deserving Wonder ladies, but I also appreciate that it's aimed at the YA crowd and that editorial seems to want to cement her origin (not WW's origin, but Diana's if that makes sense)/Amazon foundation.

But seriously, Diana has been without a regular monthly artist for how many years now??? All the good artists assigned to her book get taken away by other books. I miss Xermanico and Travis Moore, and Emmanuela Lupachino deserves to have a nice run on WW instead of the little one-offs she gets. Teasing us with Sauvage is also cruel, especially with how gorgeous the last two issues were in spite of a weaker story. I know Marie Javins is in Diana's corner, but I wish she'd mandate editorial find a consistent and high-quality artist for the book that can deliver steady monthly issues.
    I completely agree about the artist rotation on this book. It is positively ridiculous. I wouldn't mind Luppachino but I dont think she can handle a monthly schedule. One of the main problems with the book is that DC seems intent on it being a (mostly) female creative team..all of the artists of late have been female and either none seem capable of maintaining a monthly schedule or in some cases are just plain bad. The ability to keep a monthly schedule isn't symptomatic of just the female artists, I hope no one things I am saying that. I am not. I think it's crazy how many artists are unable to maintain a schedule when we have had artists like George Perez who both wrote and drew Wonder Woman and with his detail just the fact that he drew as many issues in a row that he did is insane. John Byrne was writing and drawing multiple books. Mike Grell, Neal Adams, Steve Lightle...I could go on and on with artists in the past who maintained more of a monthly schedule than many of today's artists and had more story pages to draw per month as well. It's something very few artists are capable of for whatever reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I completely agree about the artist rotation on this book. It is positively ridiculous. I wouldn't mind Luppachino but I dont think she can handle a monthly schedule. One of the main problems with the book is that DC seems intent on it being a (mostly) female creative team..all of the artists of late have been female and either none seem capable of maintaining a monthly schedule or in some cases are just plain bad. The ability to keep a monthly schedule isn't symptomatic of just the female artists, I hope no one things I am saying that. I am not. I think it's crazy how many artists are unable to maintain a schedule when we have had artists like George Perez who both wrote and drew Wonder Woman and with his detail just the fact that he drew as many issues in a row that he did is insane. John Byrne was writing and drawing multiple books. Mike Grell, Neal Adams, Steve Lightle...I could go on and on with artists in the past who maintained more of a monthly schedule than many of today's artists and had more story pages to draw per month as well. It's something very few artists are capable of for whatever reason.

There is something to be said for how much labor goes into just one page (not even considering other aspects such as designing characters and locations), but it really seems that many of our beloved comic book artists simply cannot maintain a monthly schedule, in the modern era despite the growing use of digital techniques and software/devices. And that's not a criticism, just an observation. I think editorial and creative teams need to get inventive to ensure better consistency. But the truly AAA comic titles (Batman, Tec, Supes, Action, maybe JL when it's around) seem to avoid or handle the artist turnover much better, perhaps because more money is afforded to hire talent for those titles. As it stands, the current run lacks a signature visual identity due in most part because of the constant rotation of artists.

I guess I'm one of the few people who didn't like the art...

Surprised no one has mentioned Etta Candy getting even slimmer in this issue too.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah having sooo many artists has been annoying. They've done a somewhat good job at least doing an artist per arc but....here Nightwing is with a great creative team, very few fill in artists...and WW..complete opposite lol.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned Etta Candy getting even slimmer in this issue too.
    I noticed it, but I am sure that, had I mentioned it, someone would have said that it was "probably the angle." It's just the same ole BS that comic artists do; they simply refuse to, or don't know how to draw people with shapes that go beyond the usual muscle beefcake for men or sex bomb for women. They also rarely depict black women with naturally textured hair. Meh.