Page 217 of 258 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3858
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I guess I am in the minority of having liked the Trinity as a book/concept and miss the three of them in a regular story. I love it when Wonder Woman and her world exist in a shared universe (outside of the Justice League)

I already want them to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I guess I am in the minority of having liked the Trinity as a book/concept and miss the three of them in a regular story. I love it when Wonder Woman and her world exist in a shared universe (outside of the Justice League)
    I still don't know how that book failed. I suppose it had its self-aware, self-important moments.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I still don't know how that book failed. I suppose it had its self-aware, self-important moments.
    No one knew what to do with it, every story was getting repetitive, the book went trinity crazy.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Actually seems like it might a pretty pleasant read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm definitely down with a one or two issue story with the Trinity. It's been long enough. But then right back to Wondy existing in her own bubble please.
    Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    This is cute, really like how they write the dynamic between them! Looking forward to this one. I can dig the occasional Trinity team-up as long as it's self-contained.

Also man that Yanick Paquette cover just rocks so hard. Between this and the amazing Jen Bartel '90s denim on denim variant this issue's killing it.
    Cloonrad wrote a cute dynamic for the three of them in 780. I'm not too worried about how this creative team will execute this one shot story.

I'm biased because these are my three favorite characters at DC, so the basic idea of them regularly teaming up is a thrill. The execution of how the IPs interact with each other is frequently awful, so I get some knee jerk caution when Supes and Bats show up. But I don't get wanting them to forever disappear either. If this is how they were regularly written, or if we got stuff like Ruckas original plans for Sacrifice, there wouldn't be an issue.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I already want them to go away.
    Same here.

I enjoyed the Rebirth Trinity book, short-lived as it was.

Incredible Member

Well, I'm with you in the minority, then. I don't want Diana existing in a bubble.

Yeah, I've got no issues with them as a team and actually love their dynamic when it's done well. Rucka and Busiek both do a fantastic job with the Trinity and seems like Cloonan/Conrad will be in those ranks too. Unfortunately usually we get something more like Matt Wagner's Trinity or Kingdom Come, where the writer clearly doesn't particularly like or understand Diana and/or tries to set her up with one of the dudes.

The main thing here is that I just don't want them to derail her solo book - it's fine for 1-2 issues, but when the Trinity is in the mix they're always dealing with Batman or Superman rogues/lore. But I'd be psyched about a separate Trinity title written by Cloonrad.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Yeah, I've got no issues with them as a team and actually love their dynamic when it's done well. Rucka and Busiek both do a fantastic job with the Trinity and seems like Cloonan/Conrad will be in those ranks too. Unfortunately usually we get something more like Matt Wagner's Trinity or Kingdom Come, where the writer clearly doesn't particularly like or understand Diana and/or tries to set her up with one of the dudes.

The main thing here is that I just don't want them to derail her solo book - it's fine for 1-2 issues, but when the Trinity is in the mix they're always dealing with Batman or Superman rogues/lore. But I'd be psyched about a separate Trinity title written by Cloonrad.
    I do agree with you here.

This was a surprisingly wholesome issue.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Think this issue proves that there was never anything wrong with the Trinity as a concept

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Think this issue proves that there was never anything wrong with the Trinity as a concept
    It was nice to see an issue featuring the Trinity where it wasn't just "Trinity, Starring Superman, Batman, and the rest".

At least it was a one-and-done.

Was a great issue! Didn’t have any worries about the Trinity. The Young Diana story is getting interesting. I love how Athena and Aprodite was excited to see Diana. Curious to see where it goes..