Page 222 of 258 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3858

I mean Red Hood has given more time for Artemis to shine than recent WW stuff so...it's all good in my book.

That said, no I didn't care for Artemis coming from America also.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

The next team really needs to create better material. I find this run to be super boring. Throwing a lot of stuff at the same time hoping something will stick. The greatest achievement of the current team. Is making ww sales flop harder.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean Red Hood has given more time for Artemis to shine than recent WW stuff so...it's all good in my book.

That said, no I didn't care for Artemis coming from America also.
    I've been reading it and enjoying her in it. She has her own thing going on and isn't just defined by her romance with Jason so thats good writing.

Most I hope is that she gets that big axe later on cause that was a pretty cool weapon of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I've been reading it and enjoying her in it. She has her own thing going on and isn't just defined by her romance with Jason so thats good writing.

Most I hope is that she gets that big axe later on cause that was a pretty cool weapon of hers.
    Yep. Despite the name, giant anime-sized axe fits her way more than a bow-and-arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Vita Ayala is another possible candidate. Though not sure if I want her after what she did to Artemis' backstory.
    The only thing she really has is making Nubia the way she wanted which, wasn't bad but I didn't like it either tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Reel it in on the language and responses people. Play nice and be respectful and mature.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I just don't see how gritty, American Artemis fits into the most time-honored characterizations of the Wonderverse. It feels like some writer, who doesn't know or respect any of that ..and hasn't read the best of WW, ..is dumping gritty, urban Batty elements into the Wonder mythos, and I'm like...no?! Nobody HERE asked for gritty, American crime drama Wonderverse...

Back that up and stay in your lane, Red Hood Artemis fans. Park that in Gotham, because it's NOT our Artemis.

Oh, I think we should be jogging on the ceiling, crazy mad over this, ..because it's only going to get worse.

I know this, because I remember all the same fan alarms going off, with Wolfman-Perez's gritty, crime drama "Who Is Donna Troy?" - a seismic tonal shift for Kanigher era Wonder Girl - and now, Titans comic readers are looking at DARK DONNA, ..future destroyer of the world. I know, because we're still recovering from Finch Golem Donna, and the darkening of her backstory just gets worse and worse ..and farther away, from ANY-thing we recognize as Donna Troy. I was an New Teen Titans fan in the 80s; I can tell you, it started with WIDT?, because I was there, ..aplauding its realism.

I didn't know the Pandora's box, that'd been opened, with WIDT? Conceivably, since Donna originates from a dark, gritty place, writers are comfortable teasing us with dark, tainted Donna stories. Gritty, American Artemis, characterized by her Red Hood comic use, ..is just inviting writers to give her the same treatment.

I don't think any consideration is being given about what Artemis's WW fans want. She's a bat-hero, now.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-13-2022 at 12:36 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I just don't see how gritty, American Artemis fits into the most time-honored characterizations of the Wonderverse. It feels like some writer, who doesn't know or respect any of that ..and hasn't read the best of WW, ..is dumping gritty, urban Batty elements into the Wonder mythos, and I'm like...no?! Nobody HERE asked for gritty, American crime drama Wonderverse...

Back that up and stay in your lane, Red Hood Artemis fans. Park that in Gotham, because it's NOT our Artemis.

Oh, I think we should be jogging on the ceiling, crazy mad over this, ..because it's only going to get worse.

I know this, because I remember all the same fan alarms going off, with Wolfman-Perez's gritty, crime drama "Who Is Donna Troy?" - a seismic tonal shift for Kanigher era Wonder Girl - and now, Titans comic readers are looking at DARK DONNA, ..future destroyer of the world. I know, because we're still recovering from Finch Golem Donna, and the darkening of her backstory just gets worse and worse ..and farther away, from ANY-thing we recognize as Donna Troy. I was an New Teen Titans fan in the 80s; I can tell you, it started with WIDT?, because I was there, ..aplauding its realism.

I didn't know the Pandora's box, that'd been opened, with WIDT? Conceivably, since Donna originates from a dark, gritty place, writers are comfortable teasing us with dark, tainted Donna stories. Gritty, American Artemis, characterized by her Red Hood comic use, ..is just inviting writers to give her the same treatment.

I don't think any consideration is being given about what Artemis's WW fans want. She's a bat-hero, now.
    Yeah...

This is called gate-keeping and doesn't have any place in any fandom.

I hope US Artemis gets left in the dust also. It's neither a good nor an interesting change. When I first started reading it I thought she'd at least end up near the Bana by the end of it. But no, it was just a way to shoehorn another lost-childhood-friend story because comics doesn't have enough of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope that whoever takes over after Cloonrad keeps up the variety of stories we've been getting. Super-villains, Greek gods(sure, not my favorite but I know others like them), new environments like Asgard from time to time, Themyscira, Washington D.C., Steve, Etta, Siggy, Nubia, Donna, Cassie, and occasional guest-stars from around the DCU like Deadman, Superman, & Batman.
    I hope so too. The variety is great. I'd just like to see the same variety in the backups in the future.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I hope US Artemis gets left in the dust also. It's neither a good nor an interesting change. When I first started reading it I thought she'd at least end up near the Bana by the end of it. But no, it was just a way to shoehorn another lost-childhood-friend story because comics doesn't have enough of that.

I hope so too. The variety is great. I'd just like to see the same variety in the backups in the future.

Agreed. One thing I'm not sold on from this run are the Young Diana back-ups. The art is cute but that's about all I find interesting with it. Give Donna the back-up feature already.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Personally I don't want to read about Young Diana when page space could go to someone else.

You all are being a little too hard on Cloonrad this run has been amazing. By most accounts the back-up is good too but I skip it with the excuse I'll get to it later but never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope that whoever takes over after Cloonrad keeps up the variety of stories we've been getting. Super-villains, Greek gods(sure, not my favorite but I know others like them), new environments like Asgard from time to time, Themyscira, Washington D.C., Steve, Etta, Siggy, Nubia, Donna, Cassie, and occasional guest-stars from around the DCU like Deadman, Superman, & Batman.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's the artists or Cloonan/Conrad but I'd just like to go ahead and praise how on-point Diana's fashion and civilian outfits have been in this run.

Like Diana should be a pretty stylin' woman and she particularly is in this run.
    This was my favorite look but the Asgard costume is equally iconic.

ALT EARTH 11.2.jpg

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have been far more pleased with Cloonrad's run than any I have in a long while on this series. Is it the strongest, most groundbreaking run in comics history? no, but it sure has been fun and interesting which is something for the character. My only complaint on the run has been the never ending revolving door of artists month in and month out. We've had some really good ones, Lupachinno amongst the top, but it's time to get more than two issues out of the same artist in a row.
    I have to agree about the back ups. This has been the most disappointing, not that they haven't been entertaining...but I seriously had hoped we would get Donna stories, Cassie stories, Etta, Steve, Ferdinand....just not endless pages of Lil' Diana.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have been far more pleased with Cloonrad's run than any I have in a long while on this series. Is it the strongest, most groundbreaking run in comics history? no, but it sure has been fun and interesting which is something for the character. My only complaint on the run has been the never ending revolving door of artists month in and month out. We've had some really good ones, Lupachinno amongst the top, but it's time to get more than two issues out of the same artist in a row.
    I have to agree about the back ups. This has been the most disappointing, not that they haven't been entertaining...but I seriously had hoped we would get Donna stories, Cassie stories, Etta, Steve, Ferdinand....just not endless pages of Lil' Diana.
    Wholeheartedly agree to this last part, flesh them out in the back ups please

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm honestly surprised the back-ups are still about young Diana.

I mean its been 2 years, the rest of the Trinity's back-ups regularly chance to being about other stuff. Batman gave a back-up to fucking Ghost-Maker, Clown-Hunter, the Batgirls, Gordon.

Superman gave a story to Godddamn Guardian of all people, Midnighter, Martian Manhunter, one starring Lois and Steel featuring the rest of the Superman fam, current one about Supergirl and Thao-La. And the upcoming new back-ups are gonna star young Jon Kent, Powergirl, and Steel.

I mean not all of them are great and the AC back-ups are criticized for wasting page-time on characters like Guardian instead of being used to further flesh out the Authority members and the Warworld setting, but at least we're still getting new stories.

Meanwhile WW's back-ups is just Young Diana.