Page 232 of 258 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3858
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Non-lethal" - Cheetah then proceeds to slice a dudes' throat open.

Yeah, that checks out.
    Haha, just based on the preview alone it does seem like that's what she does...But then the next page has the guy tell someone other dude to kill her, so she just clawed his face. Which, admittedly, is still quite cruel considering the power differential but she's still Cheetah, just playing along for the moment.

That comment about Etta giving her a treat gave me life though! I think we all know what she was referring to haha.

This issue felt like a direct response to the complaints of low-stakes, haha. And I'm waiting for Mel Dyer to come in here and compliment the use of Diana, Cheetah, and Siggy as a core group of powered individuals while Etta and Steve are operational support. It works. Let's hope Yara adds an additional fun dynamic to WW and her gang of misfits and malcontents.

Best issue in a minute and Lupacchino really needs to be given a long run.

Its sad how now that Lupacchino FINALLY gets decent ww writers, they will go away on a few issues

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Its sad how now that Lupacchino FINALLY gets decent ww writers, they will go away on a few issues
    This is still speculation. Might be right but nobody on the inside has suggested anything about them leaving.

I loved how Cloonrad started their run. Issue 770-773 are so good in so many ways. And there were good issues since then, and I am thankful for many developments they made, but I also disagree with some crucial choices like their characterization of important characters like Etta and Steve (and Diana a bit)

And most of all, their plotting became a lot less interesting after their first 4 issues. Which means that I can't really recommend people these stories to see how awesome things are when I know it feels like filler.

So I'm not very sad about them leaving if they do.

But who knows what the next creative team will be like. Maybe it will destroy all this Worldbuilding and might not even great great plots and lack the fun of Cloonrad

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    This is still speculation. Might be right but nobody on the inside has suggested anything about them leaving.

I loved how Cloonrad started their run. Issue 770-773 are so good in so many ways. And there were good issues since then, and I am thankful for many developments they made, but I also disagree with some crucial choices like their characterization of important characters like Etta and Steve (and Diana a bit)

And most of all, their plotting became a lot less interesting after their first 4 issues. Which means that I can't really recommend people these stories to see how awesome things are when I know it feels like filler.

So I'm not very sad about them leaving if they do.

But who knows what the next creative team will be like. Maybe it will destroy all this Worldbuilding and might not even great great plots and lack the fun of Cloonrad
    Seconded! We don't know if there is a change planned, and if there is let's be thankful for what we have got so far.

I for one look forward to new energy, for all we know, it can turn out to be a fantastic change that can elevate not just for Diana but everyone around her to newer heights.

Well, I hope they stay. Ive enjoyed them so far too. And, even if it lacks creative ambition, the prior 4 years of Wonder Woman regular series comics have teached me to enjoy the beatuy of the world while it lasts.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

794 was yet another boring issue. Why did WW need help to fight Gods she used to be capable of fighting alone is beyond me. And that yara girl is back. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    794 was yet another boring issue. Why did WW need help to fight Gods she used to be capable of fighting alone is beyond me. And that yara girl is back. Sigh
    You should just stop following the book until the new writers come in. Seems you’re wasting your money on something you don’t like.

Yes, the pace and stakes are picking up. I'd rather have that artist from the Mirror Master arc, though (whose name I'm forgetting at the moment).
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Are the stakes high enough for you guys yet? lol This issue was AMAZING! I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Siggy and surprisingly Cheetah...and riding a motorcycle with cheetah print stars on her helmet no less! Then there's Diana being a Boss of her own army and issuing casual threats you know she's going to back up, it was just so good! "Therir actions earned their consequences" was such a badass line. It's a shame Cloonrad can't stay on the book another 30 issues, they've struck comic gold. All this and Yara too (and on a page worthy of a poster) I couldn't be more pleased.

I think it's unfair to expect 'Team Wonder' to fix everything that's been broken in WONDER WOMAN, since World War II, ..but, I can't help it...being a little greedy.

WW #794 was thoroughly satisfying! Wonder Woman could have faced the Milkmen alone, but adding the new regular players to the scene didn't take anything away from her. Dr. Clearly, the writers leapt at the chance to showcase Minerva and Siegfried in action. I'm glad they got to take them for a spin, before they're settled into their background roles, ..in what promises to be a CLASSIC cast. The issue wrapped with Wonder Woman facing the gods [Getting TIRED of fighting the gods, over here!], alone, in a cryptic, menacing scene setting up the upcoming story arc, and I think that was a good, satisfying finish...

Then...WONDER GIRL on a Pegasus!
    Truthfully, if we could get FIVE more super-villains as colorfully menacing, well-purposed and promising as JANUS, ..we could throw the current team a parade and send them all, home! ⭐️

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-09-2023 at 01:16 AM. Reason: graphic
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Wonder Woman #795 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan
    Backup Writer: Jordie Bellaire
    Backup Artist: Paulina Ganucheau

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Yes, the pace and stakes are picking up. I'd rather have that artist from the Mirror Master arc, though (whose name I'm forgetting at the moment).
    Marcio Takara, I love his art in the IMAGE-MAKER arc.

Incredible Member

That dialogue is rough, but the action sequence looks interesting enough. I do like seeing Diana and Yara together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Marcio Takara, I love his art in the IMAGE-MAKER arc.
    Yes, IMAGE-MAKER, not Mirror Master. I’m getting my reflection-themed villains mixed up!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Good art but oooooof that dialogue could have used some rewrites.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor