Page 234 of 258 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3858
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Well, take into consideration:

1.) Pre-New 52, Donna was created by Mala as a mystical twin of Diana.

2.) In the New 52, Donna was created by Hecate as a weapon to destroy Diana.

Both of these things couldn't have happened in the same continuity so....
    Its what DC wants to do though

Young Di is the main thing drawing me to the book at the moment, if I’m honest.

If I'm honest Young Diana can take a flying leap and give me more page time with Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Young Di is the main thing drawing me to the book at the moment, if I’m honest.
    Seconded here. A shame because I thought Cloonrad's run started strong personally.

Fantastic Member

The run isn't bad it's just meh. Really hopeful we will get a new team for 801 (as long as it is a good one of course).
    Happy they have used quite a few characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    The run isn't bad it's just meh. Really hopeful we will get a new team for 801 (as long as it is a good one of course).
    Happy they have used quite a few characters.
    I agree. I hope we get a new writing team for 801 and they use the same supporting cast: Steve, Etta, and Siggy. I actually wouldn't mind the new Cheetah as part of the supporting cast, too.

I really don't know if I want a new creative team. Rucka had a very good run, but his Year One, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber and Circe are not my favorites.
    Then we had the disaster of renowned writers like James Robinson, G. Willow Wilson and Mariko Tamaki. In the Rebirth era it was the JLD under Tynion and Ram V that I enjoyed the most from Diana (and Circe), also Trinity by Manapul, Williams and Robinson (oops).
    Steve Orlando and especially Cloonrad are the only ones who made me really enjoy the main series despite the buts.
    I think that Cloonrad are very capable of writing good stories, and perhaps what we need is an editor that shows the way forward.
    Cloonrad already said that they made him lengthen the Afterworlds arc and it is evident that this current history of the Gods is overextended (Lazarus Planet? Dawn of DC? #800?).
    Cloonrad sowed the seeds of things they couldn't develop and the ToTA disaster I understand is the sole responsibility of the publishers.
    If a new creative team comes and there are no editors who are interested in building a cohesive wonderverse, using for example the same cast support, will be starting from scratch again and that would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I really don't know if I want a new creative team. Rucka had a very good run, but his Year One, Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber and Circe are not my favorites.
    Then we had the disaster of renowned writers like James Robinson, G. Willow Wilson and Mariko Tamaki. In the Rebirth era it was the JLD under Tynion and Ram V that I enjoyed the most from Diana (and Circe), also Trinity by Manapul, Williams and Robinson (oops).
    Steve Orlando and especially Cloonrad are the only ones who made me really enjoy the main series despite the buts.
    I think that Cloonrad are very capable of writing good stories, and perhaps what we need is an editor that shows the way forward.
    Cloonrad already said that they made him lengthen the Afterworlds arc and it is evident that this current history of the Gods is overextended (Lazarus Planet? Dawn of DC? #800?).
    Cloonrad sowed the seeds of things they couldn't develop and the ToTA disaster I understand is the sole responsibility of the publishers.

If a new creative team comes and there are no editors who are interested in building a cohesive wonderverse, using for example the same cast support, will be starting from scratch again and that would not be good.
    It seems we hear this refrain from every creative team on WW. “Editorial made me do it.” I’m not necessarily questioning the validity of that (and for the record, I am mostly satisfied with Cloonrad). But with Wonder Woman being the only title I read it makes me curious whether teams on other books are always saying that.

Are the sales of these crossover events really worth screwing with every writer’s intentions for their own book?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Cloonrad wrote possibly my favorite Wonder Woman moment ever. Like Rucka, Jimenez and Perez before them, they have in me a loyal fan for life.

Having read message board comments for years concerning what's best for Wonder Woman going forward, it's almost as if Cloonrad read them too and are responding accordingly. We have the full cast plus new favorites. All but forgotten classic villains have been brought back and revitalized. The Amazons are using their technological adavancement on a global scale. Wonder Woman herself isn't carrying a sword all the time or being "Warrior Woman". She's kind and loving, yet she has a new edge and is far more saavy than she's been in the past. There's also a cohesive plan about where her stories take her and a mirroring of real world politics done in a subtle way.

Therefore I'm at a loss as to where all the negativity about their run is coming from, but it seems to be a combination of an extreme dislike for Yara Flor and the fact it isn't Historia.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Cloonrad wrote possibly my favorite Wonder Woman moment ever. Like Rucka, Jimenez and Perez before them, they have in me a loyal fan for life.

Having read message board comments for years concerning what's best for Wonder Woman going forward, it's almost as if Cloonrad read them too and are responding accordingly. We have the full cast plus new favorites. All but forgotten classic villains have been brought back and revitalized. The Amazons are using their technological adavancement on a global scale. Wonder Woman herself isn't carrying a sword all the time or being "Warrior Woman". She's kind and loving, yet she has a new edge and is far more saavy than she's been in the past. There's also a cohesive plan about where her stories take her and a mirroring of real world politics done in a subtle way.

Therefore I'm at a loss as to where all the negativity about their run is coming from, but it seems to be a combination of an extreme dislike for Yara Flor and the fact it isn't Historia.
    Out of curiosity, what is that favorite moment?

First, let me say that I like Yara Flor, and I haven't read Historia yet. Those do not impact my view of this run at all.

For me, the run is simply okay. I agree with your points in their favor; however, I also think their run just doesn't feel like it's building to anything. I don't mean it isn't building to anything. It obviously is; however, the stakes don't feel sufficiently raised, and there's a lack of gravitas. While they've brought some classic villains back, I also think Dr. Psycho is the only one that really feels as if he plays a genuine role in the current Wonder Woman landscape. Dr. Poison is my favorite Wonder Woman villain, and I genuinely did not like the Cloonrad version. I liked it even less than Rucka's Colonel Poison. Their version didn't feel sadistic enough, or competent, and I didn't like the visual style of the character. I at least loved the way Liam Sharpe drew Colonel Poison.

I also disagree that their run is "subtle" in its political messaging. I'm not one who demands subtlety or nuance or thought-provoking themes. However, I do think your themes should be compelling, and sadly, I don't think their themes are.

Unfortunately, I also think Trial of the Amazons was a huge blemish on their run. I think that arc perfectly sums up what I think of their run so far. Some great ideas that I've been desperately waiting to see, but the execution is just banal and ultimately forgettable. And in other ways it completed one of the worst sins imaginable in any medium, it was boring.

Overall, I think they have a fine run, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Its what DC wants to do though
    No it isn't. That's not how "Everything Happened" works

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    No it isn't. That's not how "Everything Happened" works
    How does it work then

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

I've liked their run well enough though the first half was stronger than the 2nd half. I just need them to bring us bigger stories and be more fleshed out in certain regards. The Amazons have been rushed sadly and thst entire storyline not given room to breathe.

But they haven't used the full cast. When you outright ignore Donna/Cassie, it's an issue.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-14-2023 at 05:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    But they haven't used the full cast. When you outright ignore Donna/Cassie, it's an issue.
    Donna and Cassie were used in Trial of the Amazons, so they haven't been outright ignored. They were also included in a quick panel for Wonder Woman's resurrection during the Image-Maker arc.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Donna and Cassie were used in Trial of the Amazons, so they haven't been outright ignored. They were also included in a quick panel for Wonder Woman's resurrection during the Image-Maker arc.
    They were quick guest stars. They barely interacted with Diana, and have not had anything to with her world outside of that.

Like you said, a quick panel and next to nothing else. That's ignoring them. If you can replace them with any kind of character then there's no impact.

Why did Donna choose to help the Bana? Why was she mad at Diana? Why did she fill so disconnected from Hippolytas death?