Page 245 of 258 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Siggy...does he stick around after Cloonrad is gone or does he leave with them?
    When was the last time a WW writer kept around the secondaries from the last run? Gail Simone, maybe? Feels like ages

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    When was the last time a WW writer kept around the secondaries from the last run? Gail Simone, maybe? Feels like ages

That's true but Siggy has been well-received which is more that can be said of most of the new secondary characters before him in ages since maybe Ferdinand or Artemis.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's true but Siggy has been well-received which is more that can be said of most of the new secondary characters before him in ages since maybe Ferdinand or Artemis.
    To be fair, that wasn't always the creative team's choice. Gail Simone had talked about wanting to keep much of what Rucka had established before her and was told no, same with a few others who escape my memory at the moment. I will say that currently we do seem to have an editorial team who is at least seeming to try with the book/character rather than such as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Marston's Wonder Woman is a strong seller by today's standards and she was certainly a strong seller as one of the first superheroines, but again, she wasn't a strong seller compared to other comics in circulation
    Comics sold in the millions back then. Today's best sales were yesterday's cancellation numbers.

Wonder Woman, along with Superman and Batman were the only superhero comics that were being continuously printed after WW2 when superheroes fell from popularity. Even Captain America was cancelled at that point. Hence why they are the Big 3, they were the only heroes around until Barry Allen's Flash debuted and along with the Comics Code Authority and the pulication of FF kicked off the Silver Age.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Didn't remember how went out Hera's last interaction with the series before Cloonrad, and found something interesting. I needed to be reminded that in the beginning of Orlando's era Wondy insists Hera on how she will keep doing her job, but whitout the god's assistance. Hera's last words literally are "We'll see".

Seems like Cloonrad found this interesting and wanted to recover this lose thread. I really doubt about this fact not being brought up during Revenge of the gods. I still want some other missed plots (Dr Psycho manipulating Vanessa, Wondy owing a favour to Amanda Waller, Atlantiades becoming the god of love...) to be recovered, but its so much stuff that it really is hard to try to bring it all up in just 30 issues where the new creative team will also want to create their own plots.

Just one regular series is not enough for all of this, tho.

Spectacular Member

Has there been an official announcement that the current team is leaving or is it just speculation that when the book reaches #800 a new team will be brought on?

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    Has there been an official announcement that the current team is leaving or is it just speculation that when the book reaches #800 a new team will be brought on?
    Just speculation for now, but speculation caused by the weak sales and tepid response. Both Batman and Superman have recently gotten shakeups, WW getting one too would not be a surprise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just speculation for now, but speculation caused by the weak sales and tepid response. Both Batman and Superman have recently gotten shakeups, WW getting one too would not be a surprise.
    Well, Wonder Woman logo appeared on the roadmap for Dawn of DC, so we know theyre doing something with her this summer. And its usual for DC to anounce this changes of writers 4 months prior. No need for theories about sales or social media interaction this time.

Now confirmed, they're off the book, replaced by Tom King!

Which I guess means goodbye to Siggy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If he does dissappear, he was a great addition to the Wonder fam.

Also the Cloonrad gave us overall enjoyable stories. Loved the first arc.

Can this thread's title be changed given the recent news?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can this thread's title be changed given the recent news?
    Eh, don't really see the need. We still have a few issues coming and once King's run starts up, it probably won't be active again like other "new writer announced threads"

Guys, I just realised, what the hell happened with the plot about Trevor having a girlfriend mentioned on number 780? I'm trying to make an effort and remember, but no, I think they havent mentioned that plot again.

Extraordinary Member

They haven't - we'll likely never find out.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Guys, I just realised, what the hell happened with the plot about Trevor having a girlfriend mentioned on number 780? I'm trying to make an effort and remember, but no, I think they havent mentioned that plot again.
    Likely dropped.

Cant beat The Flash tv show saying Batwoman vanished and her team has no idea where she is only for her to show up next episode as if everything is fine as she helps save the day
    ...plot points you would think would be worked out better