Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 3858

I actually appreciated how straightforward the run could be but I know that might not appeal to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    It's also why Perez's run felt GIGANTIC. It had the double-whammy of incredible hyper-detailed artwork and lengthy, grandiose prose. Same with Historia.
    I'm not sure that's an accurate comparison. Kelly Sue Deconnick was quite economic with her use of dialogue, narration and internal monologue. Every written sentence was as long or as short as necessary, and it led the eye towards the artwork rather than away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm not sure that's an accurate comparison. Kelly Sue Deconnick was quite economic with her use of dialogue, narration and internal monologue. Every written sentence was as long or as short as necessary, and it led the eye towards the artwork rather than away from it.
    Oh I should clarify, I didn't mean Historia was particularly descriptive or wordy like Perez's run, I meant that she made sure the prose felt epic. The language was grand, dramatic, and poetic. The fact that she was able to add so much depth and scale without going on and on like Perez did is just a testament to her skill as a writer.

Oh I should clarify, I didn't mean Historia was particularly descriptive or wordy like Perez's run, I meant that she made sure the prose felt epic. The language was grand, dramatic, and poetic. The fact that she was able to add so much depth and scale without going on and on like Perez did is just a testament to her skill as a writer.
    Ok I agree. Perez did make things feel significant as he was describing them

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I definitely agree about how the current run lacks the epicness you’d expect from Wonder Woman.

Btw, I’m surprised no one is talking about the short story Travis Moore wrote and drew for DC’s Spring special where he confirmed Siegfried is bi? A former flame from his past shows up and it’s a male winter deity whose name I forgot.
    It got me thinking if DC will ever allow Diana to be in a relationship with a woman in the main continuity’s present day. I think she’s been confirmed as bi but they only show her in relationships with men aside from AU stuff or vague mentions to her past in Paradise Island.

When did that DC Spring Special come out? Last spring or recently?

ETA: I found it! It came out this year, and it's awesome. It's called DC's Legion of Bloom.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 03-23-2023 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually appreciated how straightforward the run could be but I know that might not appeal to everyone.
    I think that if WW had two ongoings (like Batman and Detective comics as an example) then this run would be perfectly fine for a secondary ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I know this is unfair to compare, but I think what I’m missing is the Perez-i-ness of it all and some grandiosity.

The gods should feel BIG. Perez would have had his MC Escher-esque Olympus going on and lots of gods in attendance and in the background making faces that you could gleam from whether or not they were down with Hera’s plan. I’m not who the stranger is, but this would have been a good opportunity to reveal him. I’m not sure Diana wouldn’t demand he reveal himself so she could better assess his threat level. Nice to see Ratatosk again, but I’d rather be go along with Diana for the ride again and reunite with Siggy too.

I think that’s what I’m missing… a grander scale that provides one feeling and also that makes the smaller moments more intimate.
    I don't think it's unfair to compare. Perez might have his own flavor of the grandiose, but there are definitely artists and writers working at DC right now who can make stories epic and who are detail-oriented enough to fill the background with, well, background information.

I also think it's strange that Diana just accepts the stranger at her side. I think she'd only do that if she already knew who he is, but it's still kept from the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that if WW had two ongoings (like Batman and Detective comics as an example) then this run would be perfectly fine for a secondary ongoing.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I definitely agree about how the current run lacks the epicness you’d expect from Wonder Woman.

Btw, I’m surprised no one is talking about the short story Travis Moore wrote and drew for DC’s Spring special where he confirmed Siegfried is bi? A former flame from his past shows up and it’s a male winter deity whose name I forgot.
    It got me thinking if DC will ever allow Diana to be in a relationship with a woman in the main continuity’s present day. I think she’s been confirmed as bi but they only show her in relationships with men aside from AU stuff or vague mentions to her past in Paradise Island.
    Nice to see it finally confirmed.

I think Diana will continue to be in this position until something as influential as a cartoon or movie gives her a prominent non-male love interest. Corporate DC probably thinks they now have enough lgbtqia+ Amazons.

Wonder Woman #798 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan, Michael C Conrad
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan
    Colors: Tamra Bonvillain

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They should give Cassie that outfit after Diana is done with it.

Spectacular Member

I like the outfit. And the conviction as well, much needed compared to how things started in Lazarus RoG #3

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Wonder Woman #798 Preview
    Writers: Becky Cloonan, Michael C Conrad
    Artist: Amancay Nahuelpan
    Colors: Tamra Bonvillain

Whatever one can say about Cloonan and Conrad, their Diana has conviction and backbone.

Preview is good. The only annoyance is Barbara. Saying ares is evil..like what are you? And no one seems to be calling it out. Sigh

I realize this is your opinion, but I disagree. Perez was a genius and his ‘words’ were necessary to get his story out. All the details including words could be in one panel. That’s more than we even get from anyone today! Also, His work on WW to me, is the best take of Diana I’ve ever seen before and after. I for one am getting sick and tired of his work being criticized by so many on this forum. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have the Diana we have today.

Again, I realize this is your opinion but that means I don’t have to take it sitting down. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have the Diana we have today.
    Do you mean that in terms of popularity? Because I don't think we can trace the wordlbuilding of today to him very much aside from the Well of Souls (and the amazons not being a technologically advanced society).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Do you mean that in terms of popularity? Because I don't think we can trace the wordlbuilding of today to him very much aside from the Well of Souls (and the amazons not being a technologically advanced society).
    They are technologically advanced though, and Angleman70 is right. Everything we have now is due to Perez after all he was the one who started the multiple tribes.