Page 255 of 258 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258 LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 3858

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah the holiday girls babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seeing the Holliday Girls is good and all but the point of them was that they were the disciples of Wonder Woman learning the philosophy of the amazons, martial arts and science from Diana, and going with her on adventures.

They were way more than just a friend group

Kind of surreal seeing modern Etta as Holiday Girls Etta.

(Also the vibes from that Steve and Siggy scene...)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Now that is the version of Etta Candy I've wanted to see for a long time. This is pure bliss!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm also in the camp that enjoyed Cloonrad's run. Their Diana was actually fun and like someone that I would like to hang out with and shoot the ****. Loved having Steve and Etta as backup as well as the introduction of Siggy and his total bromance with Steve. After their run, I honestly don't think I want Barbara as a rival again. I feel like she's made the transition to ally for the moment. I also enjoyed the relationships between Diana and her sisters and mother. My only issue would be the uneven Trial of the Amazons, which I had such high hopes for, and an almost overdose on Hera. I agree that, after Historia, I don't quite see her the same way again.

I'm still surprised when I see people surprised of seeing Cheetah as a tsundere, when it really was Greg Rucka who clearly wanted that by the end of his run, leaving the cake of redeeming/condeming further her to future writers.

I'll say, I liked this run. It doesn't have very solid issues because it works like that, as a regular superhero run where the fun part is on following every monthly issue. Perhaps the problem is, that's what Wonder Woman runs have been doing since 2017! Fans wanted something ambitious, or at least a radical change of tone (which, tbf, is going to be brought by Tom King now). So, there's nothing I'd put on my top 10, mostly with History being published at the same time. However, thing is, Cloonrad have done this job better than all their predecessors, thanks to various key aspects:

-Mantaining Wonder Woman herself as the protagonist
    -Funny interactions between characters
    -Long term plots

Willow Wilson, Orlando*, Tamaki... they all had one or two of those, but not all three combined, which may be the reason why their runs fell off. Here not only Diana has been the undisputed main character, but we've also had her having fun scenes, and FINALLY some plot shenanigans from first issue to the last that the series really needed.

And also, Siggy, I mean, he's probably the best part of this run, so please Tom King, keep using him.

But yes, it has had some problems. Cloonrad haven't told long-standing stories that will be remembered forever. The constant change of artists after the second run has been a pain in the ass, was it so hard to just have 2 rotating every month? And yes, Trial of the Amazons was overhyped to end being kinda disapointing (alltho, it has ended on my top 100 nonetheless, position like 78 if i recall well?) Alltho, to me the worst part has been: the abundance of texts and overexplaining things the art was already telling. This is also an issue in current superhero comics, but in this run it feels more painful when the art was inconsistent. Please writers, return to decompressive storytelling, I beg you (I didn't think I'd ever say that lol)

And also, most of the times the solicits ruined the plot twists. But, yes, it's also an issue of current comics and how publication works right now.

But in general I think Diana needs more runs like this. Fun runs whitout deep meanings but with long term plans that are fun to discuss with friends and the likes, and that use the mythologies of the characters while adding some new elements that expand the universe instead of reducing it.

All that said, 3 years after that anouncement DC did being like "we're going to heavily use the wonderfamily" I swear to god I never thought that Nubia, of all the characters, was going to end up being the best used one. Not only has she ended up being the most used character of the bunch, but Stephanie Williams really did a good job on working on the character, with every newer story getting better and better. She now has enough complexity to make her interesting to write, and if all that fails, at least she now has an interesting lore position, (queen of the amazons) one of those that writers love using to help make plots quicker. It really does seem she should have some kind of role on Tom King's run...

*This said, it's also true that none of Cloonrad stuff has fallen deeper on me than Orlando's best comics (mostly numbers 51 and 750)
    Last edited by Garrac; 05-12-2023 at 11:26 PM.

Fantastic Member

Steve and Siggy have real heteroflexible vibes going on. LOL!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Anybody knows why they used Barbra in the classic priscilla rich suit? And how could shge physically do anything to Diana when she is supposed to be just a human in a cat suit, unlike the version of Barbra that is powered up by a God?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Anybody knows why they used Barbra in the classic priscilla rich suit? And how could shge physically do anything to Diana when she is supposed to be just a human in a cat suit, unlike the version of Barbra that is powered up by a God?
    It's a Golden Age-inspired dream sequence...

Also oh mannnn I want more of that aesthetic for Etta and the Holliday Girls.

That Steve/Diana Terry Dodson story tho...

Beautiful art, I'm curious how it will be resolved and if in the next issue we will see Artemis, Cassie and Donna.

I'm honestly so glad its over. I don't think I could take this team giving me essay after essay on hope, love, compassion, etc.. without any depth or nuance. And like I get it, Diana is great, so great, incomprehensibly great in fact people get upset at how selfless and compassionate she is. Dream sequence or not, I do not care, this was so boring to me. I truly believe in the end this run survived off of fanservice, easter eggs, references, and other bait alone.

Wait there's another issue with them isn't there?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Preview for #800

Mainly Yara focused and no preview of the King story, sadly.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/16/dc...der-woman-800/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Preview for #800

Mainly Yara focused and no preview of the King story, sadly.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/06/16/dc...der-woman-800/
    That's some nice art.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    That's some nice art.

It's alright but can't say Jones has ever been one of my favorites.