Page 27 of 258 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

I actually loved this issue. Having high hopes for now.

Cool story, beautiful illustrations. But it’s news to me that Diana is/was invulnerable.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this issue. probably the most intrigued by a Wonder Woman story i've been in a minute. I have high hopes that this run can continue to impress
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Cool story, beautiful illustrations. But it’s news to me that Diana is/was invulnerable.
    yeah, that was new.

I guess this pretty much confirms that she cannot be hurt and killed be normal axes and spears, at least those who aren't made to kill deities. It also confirms that she is immortal.

it never made sense to me that she is vulnerable to mortal weapons and that she is aging.

I'm kinda glad they're removing that lately.

She was able to block the Godkiller sword with her bare arms (it still cut her but it didn't slice through her bones and muscle) in #79, and she blocked a bullet with her bare hand as well without it piercing her skin in #83.

So she's been invulnerable, they've just been pretty down low about it.

Astonishing Member

Its strange how Sigfried and these random Vikings have better chemistry with Diana in one issue than the Amazons have had in a few years.

I liked this issue, I thought it was a good set up.

spoilers:
    Having Diana loose her memory but keep her personality is a good way to introduced her character without having her be weighed down by past continuity. That way new readers can learn her past alongside Diana, I think that's a smart move.

Moore really went all out to make Siegfried as handsome as possible in every panel he was in, lol. We all see the giant V-neck t-shirt you put him in Moore.

The world of Asgard is so beautiful even though we didn't get to see much of it yet. I love the colors.

Ratatosk holding Diana's hand was to precious for me, he's so cute.

I have a theory: Diana didn't really die in the typical sense, but that someone slit her spirit from her body and that the evil doppelgänger of her on the cover of issue #773 is her physical body being controlled by someone.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Holy cannoli, that was dope.

Gorgeous artwork, fantastic expression, lovely beefcake, Diana smiling and drinking and fighting and kissing and having fun AND demonstrating loyalty, heroism and a deep understanding of herself. Asgard looked great and not like Marvel-diet and I think the colors really helped.

Levity balanced by foreboding danger but sold with heart and wit. The issue kinda read like a fairy tale and I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She was able to block the Godkiller sword with her bare arms (it still cut her but it didn't slice through her bones and muscle) in #79, and she blocked a bullet with her bare hand as well without it piercing her skin in #83.

So she's been invulnerable, they've just been pretty down low about it.
    Hmph. The latest issue was the first one I’ve read in years. I don’t like an invulnerable Diana. What are the bracelets for? Why is she carrying a shield?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Hmph. The latest issue was the first one I’ve read in years.
    Can't blame you, the Wonder Woman comics these past couple years have been pretty hit or miss.

I don’t like an invulnerable Diana. What are the bracelets for? Why is she carrying a shield?
    Well if you want the old school explanation, her bracelets are more or less part of Themysciran religion. They wear them at the command of Aphrodite, who freed them from slavery and ordered them to always wear their bracelets to "remind them of the folly of summitting to man's domination". Plus, if they take them off, they go into a berserk rage. "Bullets and Bracelets" was also one of golden age Diana's favorite games, so she just likes blocking bullets with bracelets for fun.

From a more modern and combat perspective, I guess to control were the bullets land and avoid as much collateral damage as possible. Plus she still needs the bracelets for battling meta humans.

-

I always though Diana's invulnerability should come in the form of having a nearly indestructible skeleton and highly resistant muscle and organ tissue, like her skin is susceptible to bullets but they won't pierce her muscles much or shatter her bones. That way, she wont want to be hit by bullets, since they will still cut her skin, but it makes sense she can take direct hits from powerful foes like Doomsday.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Any ideas of who is the flying person?
    They look kind of imprisoned with their arms hanging up, so I feel maybe Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They look kind of imprisoned with their arms hanging up, so I feel maybe Loki.
    Oh, that makes more sense now.
    I thought it was someone flying. 🤣
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Wasn’t half bad, I liked it. I ship WW with Siegfried, hope they keep him around. I feel bad for Steve though ‘cause I like him too

This was an awesome starting issue, I'm actually excited for the future of the book with this team at least, might put this back on my pull list.

Finally Diana is invulnerable to man made weapons like swords and bullets and the like, hope it fully sticks and is demonstrated once she gets her powers back. Looks like if it does stick the future writers will have to put some more though it to how someone can hurt Diana
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Wasn’t half bad, I liked it. I ship WW with Siegfried, hope they keep him around. I feel bad for Steve though ‘cause I like him too
    Love Siegfried too, hope he stays and Ratatosk too!! Although same feeling about Steve.... maybe Siggy and Diana are close friends, or the 3 are friends with benefits lol
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor