Page 28 of 258 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Love Siegfried too, hope he stays and Ratatosk too!! Although same feeling about Steve.... maybe Siggy and Diana are close friends, or the 3 are friends with benefits lol
    A polyamorous relationship between the three totally works for me, could even be a nice little homage to Marston, Elizabeth and Olive

Finally Diana is invulnerable to man made weapons like swords and bullets and the like, hope it fully sticks and is demonstrated once she gets her powers back. Looks like if it does stick the future writers will have to put some more though it to how someone can hurt Diana
    I like her vulnerable to bullets. But, I'm in the minority in that I like lots of heroes to much less powerful than their peak power level. And I'm sorry but "it's fun" is not good enough excuse for the bullet-bracelet thing to me (and it being used to direct the bullets for bystander safety is worse because it makes all other bulletproof heroes look bad). And I like her blocking the bullets.

Solid first issue! This was the most I’ve enjoyed an issue of WW since Rucka’s run. I hope this marks the end of the years of filler we’ve had to endure and we can finally get a good run again.
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I liked this issue, I thought it was a good set up.

spoilers:
    Having Diana loose her memory but keep her personality is a good way to introduced her character without having her be weighed down by past continuity. That way new readers can learn her past alongside Diana, I think that's a smart move.

Moore really went all out to make Siegfried as handsome as possible in every panel he was in, lol. We all see the giant V-neck t-shirt you put him in Moore.

The world of Asgard is so beautiful even though we didn't get to see much of it yet. I love the colors.

Ratatosk holding Diana's hand was to precious for me, he's so cute.

I have a theory: Diana didn't really die in the typical sense, but that someone slit her spirit from her body and that the evil doppelgänger of her on the cover of issue #773 is her physical body being controlled by someone.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Circe hijacked her body and left Diana stranded in Hecate’s realm back during JLD, so there is a precedent for it
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Can't blame you, the Wonder Woman comics these past couple years have been pretty hit or miss.

Well if you want the old school explanation, her bracelets are more or less part of Themysciran religion. They wear them at the command of Aphrodite, who freed them from slavery and ordered them to always wear their bracelets to "remind them of the folly of summitting to man's domination". Plus, if they take them off, they go into a berserk rage. "Bullets and Bracelets" was also one of golden age Diana's favorite games, so she just likes blocking bullets with bracelets for fun.

From a more modern and combat perspective, I guess to control were the bullets land and avoid as much collateral damage as possible. Plus she still needs the bracelets for battling meta humans.

-

I always though Diana's invulnerability should come in the form of having a nearly indestructible skeleton and highly resistant muscle and organ tissue, like her skin is susceptible to bullets but they won't pierce her muscles much or shatter her bones. That way, she wont want to be hit by bullets, since they will still cut her skin, but it makes sense she can take direct hits from powerful foes like Doomsday.
    That's kind of the vibe I actually got from Diana in this issue with the daily battles since she doesn't have to worry about people actually dying in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's kind of the vibe I actually got from Diana in this issue with the daily battles since she doesn't have to worry about people actually dying in them.
    Yes, battle is a form of entertainment for Amazons since they are all skilled warriors and don't have to worry about hurting one another, and if an accident does happen they have advance technology to treat it. So I can see Diana enjoying herself in this environment since she once again doesn't have to worry about hurting or killing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like her vulnerable to bullets. But, I'm in the minority in that I like lots of heroes to much less powerful than their peak power level. And I'm sorry but "it's fun" is not good enough excuse for the bullet-bracelet thing to me (and it being used to direct the bullets for bystander safety is worse because it makes all other bulletproof heroes look bad). And I like her blocking the bullets.
    How does it make them look bad? Because they don't have a skill or tool that Diana does? That makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How does it make them look bad? Because they don't have a skill or tool that Diana does? That makes no sense.
    Because it means they don't care about where the bullets go. Because they are doing nothing at all to mitigate the damage they may cause, nor do they express any worry about it. It retroactively makes every other hero look irresponsible. It's deconstruction-y in a way I dislike (mind you, I don't like the deconstruction of comics anyway) in a similar way to seeing heroes get dragged around by capes (making all non super-powered cape-wearers that could get dragged around look like idiots), so a hero decides not to wear a cape because of it (particularly annoying if the hero is 30 years old and a new origin story just now establishes this tidbit). Sure, it was funny in the Incredibles as a one-off gag, but the criticism should never exist in the same universe as actual heroes wearing capes.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman #773 Pride Variant by Paulina Ganucheau

Cover for Issue #773.

DC Nation wrote on twitter: "Enter the Fortress of the Valkyries in June's Wonder Woman #773"

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Am I the only one not interested in the adventures of young Diana? I would much rather see stories with Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia...the Amazons in general.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Am I the only one not interested in the adventures of young Diana? I would much rather see stories with Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia...the Amazons in general.
    I'm okay with it as I'm hoping they trying to build up to some Young Diana show on HBO Max. I also don't care for Donna or Cassie, so I don't mind them never showing up again.

Is there a solicitation for 773?

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I'm okay with it as I'm hoping they trying to build up to some Young Diana show on HBO Max. I also don't care for Donna or Cassie, so I don't mind them never showing up again.

Think they were supposed to yesterday but didn't even though there was a bunch of other announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Not yet. They'll probably have it out soon.

It's interesting how the women on the cover are wearing armor from other civilizations. The one on the left in particular looks Mongolian.

I wonder if Odin has been capturing demigods from other civilizations to turn into Valkyries, hence Diana's presence on Asgard. But that stands to reason, if the women on the cover are indeed Valkyries, why would Diana be fighting them? The Valkyries work for Odin, and Ragnarök is Odin and Asgard's destruction, which Diana is trying to prevent.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I like it so far, I've been enjoying the YA graphic novels a lot, and it's giving me similar vibes. Also, megalodons!

But I certainly hope we'll see the missing members of the family eventually. I honestly expect a Nubia back-up right before "Nubia and the Amazons" starts, similar to how DC is starting/has started Robin with a two-part back-up in Tec and Batman.

Speaking about other back-ups. I think they make it once more obvious that Wonder Woman is still handled differently compared to the other Trinity members. From what I have seen, their back-ups are two-parters and not about them, while the young Diana story is already confirmed to be four parts long by the covers.

It's interesting how the women on the cover are wearing armor from other civilizations. The one on the left in particular looks Mongolian.

I wonder if Odin has been capturing demigods from other civilizations to turn into Valkyries, hence Diana's presence on Asgard. But that stands to reason, if the women on the cover are indeed Valkyries, why would Diana be fighting them? The Valkyries work for Odin, and Ragnarök is Odin and Asgard's destruction, which Diana is trying to prevent.
    That's an interesting thought.

I'm not sure if the Valkyries are still working for Odin. They aren't doing their duty anymore, could be an indicator that they don't listen to Odin either. Maybe they are being influenced by the force that stands in Diana's way one Issue prior.