Page 29 of 258 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It's interesting how the women on the cover are wearing armor from other civilizations. The one on the left in particular looks Mongolian.

I wonder if Odin has been capturing demigods from other civilizations to turn into Valkyries, hence Diana's presence on Asgard. But that stands to reason, if the women on the cover are indeed Valkyries, why would Diana be fighting them? The Valkyries work for Odin, and Ragnarök is Odin and Asgard's destruction, which Diana is trying to prevent.
    One on the right looks like they're maybe some nature deity.

I like how that Thor's hammer actually looks like how it looks in real Norse myths.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

So WW is back one issue per month?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So WW is back one issue per month?
    Yeah, all the books went back to a monthly schedule with Infinite Frontier. That being said, the Trinity all have more than one book, even if Diana's are anthologies and not in-continuity.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Am I the only one not interested in the adventures of young Diana? I would much rather see stories with Donna, Cassie, Artemis, Nubia...the Amazons in general.

Same here for the most part but they do get points for using Jumpa so I'll let it rest for now and see where things go.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Same here for the most part but they do get points for using Jumpa so I'll let it rest for now and see where things go.
    So....does she have a defined powerset or are we going to kept in mystery about it?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So....does she have a defined powerset or are we going to kept in mystery about it?
    She doesn't have powers in Valhalla (neither does anybody else), but it establishes she's normally invulnerable and can fly. The spears and axes killing her is presented as an oddity that shouldn't happen and will presumably be undone whenever this Sphere of the Gods arc is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, all the books went back to a monthly schedule with Infinite Frontier. That being said, the Trinity all have more than one book, even if Diana's are anthologies and not in-continuity.
    If Wonder Woman's second title were in continuity it would be a game changer. The anthologies are nice but they don't push the ball forward. To truly impress me with the 80th anniversary that's what D.C. should do, that's real parity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    If Wonder Woman's second title were in continuity it would be a game changer. The anthologies are nice but they don't push the ball forward. To truly impress me with the 80th anniversary that's what D.C. should do, that's real parity.
    And I completely agree with that! That said, we are getting an expansion of the Wonder Franchise, if you will. Joelle Jones on Wonder Girl and a Nubia and the Amazons book in the pipeline (hopefully from LL McKinney and Alitha Martinez cuz I've been digging what they've been doing). With the regular Wonder title still on-going, plus Sensational WW and WW:B&G, that's 5 (!) separate Wonder books being published to the direct market at the same time, or will be anyway.

I'd like to believe that's because there is a renewed and concerted effort to enrich Diana's world and mythos, probably as a synergistic thing with the rest of WarnerMedia. This being her 80th, I also wouldn't be surprised with this current story arc leading to a mini Wonder event, maybe with JL and JL Dark and/or Titans, or perhaps another new title or two, probably Black Label stuff.

Sorry for off topic! Back to topic: I'd love for Moore to stay on for a nice, longer run of consistently gorgeous Wonder goodness. This issue seems well regarded on most online comics review sites I can find so the interest behind this creative is there. I hope they can keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    All of this. Make it happen DC.

I really enjoyed issue 770. Great, dynamic, beautiful artwork and a healthy dose of mystery, both to Wonder Woman herself and of the plot of The Journey to the Sphere of the Gods.

Deity squirrels are fun!

Siegfried looks like hunky Oscar Isaacs hanging out in Asgard/Valhalla... Someone send out Huginn and Muninn, I need all the tea on Sieggy ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    And I completely agree with that! That said, we are getting an expansion of the Wonder Franchise, if you will. Joelle Jones on Wonder Girl and a Nubia and the Amazons book in the pipeline (hopefully from LL McKinney and Alitha Martinez cuz I've been digging what they've been doing). With the regular Wonder title still on-going, plus Sensational WW and WW:B&G, that's 5 (!) separate Wonder books being published to the direct market at the same time, or will be anyway.

I'd like to believe that's because there is a renewed and concerted effort to enrich Diana's world and mythos, probably as a synergistic thing with the rest of WarnerMedia. This being her 80th, I also wouldn't be surprised with this current story arc leading to a mini Wonder event, maybe with JL and JL Dark and/or Titans, or perhaps another new title or two, probably Black Label stuff.

Sorry for off topic! Back to topic: I'd love for Moore to stay on for a nice, longer run of consistently gorgeous Wonder goodness. This issue seems well regarded on most online comics review sites I can find so the interest behind this creative is there. I hope they can keep it up!
    Yeah, I hope he at least stays for the entire arc. The constant artist rotations on some of the previous runs really brought down some of the previous runs, so I don't mind going back to monthly if it means a more consistent art team.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I hope he at least stays for the entire arc. The constant artist rotations on some of the previous runs really brought down some of the previous runs, so I don't mind going back to monthly if it means a more consistent art team.
    I remember when Cary Nord was announced for Wilson's run and then...he did, 3 issues? Or when they announced Tamaki's run in a way so as to make us believe Janin would be the artist, but it was just a guest stint.

It's not like the book has gotten good artists recently, they're just not long and very much an indication of fractured creative and editorial visions. Hard to get invested in the book when it seems like an artist's pit stop before moving on to other things. Xermanico was doing some great stuff in a dull run, and then they were pulled off the Darkstars or JL or something.

So yeah, Moore for 12 issues would be a delight. Ah, modern day comics haha.

I just hope that Cassie and Donna are finally back in the family.

You guys think we will see a lot of older villains ? Like Hyponta?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Hmph. The latest issue was the first one I’ve read in years. I don’t like an invulnerable Diana. What are the bracelets for? Why is she carrying a shield?
    Cause the DC Verse is full of things far more dangerous than regular bullets, swords or arrows.