Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

The cast looks really good. Love the coloring of the art but the faces have a weird vibe to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'll be there when we go live at #770.
    Launch party, my dude?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The cast looks really good. Love the coloring of the art but the faces have a weird vibe to me.
    I noticed the faces too, especially on Diana and Giganta

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm actually digging Artemis's look here. That hairstyle suits her.
    Same. It updates her quite nicely, while also putting her personality on display.

I don't have an issue with that specific hairstyle but it's presence makes me feel less like it was a nice update and more that writers just gave the look to her because she's the "aggressive Amazon". That said, it isn't a deal breaker for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Everyone is talking about the (possible) cast of characters. But what about the creative team itself? I’ve never heard of any of them. Though, admittedly, I’m out of the loop.
    Cloonan is primarily known as an artist but she's done some writing as well. As others have mentioned her biggest writing job was probably co-writing Gotham Academy but she's done a few other things like her Image book By Chance or Providence. Not too familiar with Conrad's work - I believe him and Cloonan are a couple - they co-wrote an issue of Doom Patrol last year but I don't think I've read anything else by him.

Travis Moore has been around for a while, I don't think he's done a ton of high profile work but he's talented, most recently was on Nightwing, some art by him:

Yara looks older than I was expecting. She seems to be as tall as Steve there. So she is an older teen probably and I guess overlaps with Cassie more than I thought.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Becky also had a high profile run on the Punisher a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Cloonan is primarily known as an artist but she's done some writing as well. As others have mentioned her biggest writing job was probably co-writing Gotham Academy but she's done a few other things like her Image book By Chance or Providence. Not too familiar with Conrad's work - I believe him and Cloonan are a couple - they co-wrote an issue of Doom Patrol last year but I don't think I've read anything else by him.

Travis Moore has been around for a while, I don't think he's done a ton of high profile work but he's talented, most recently was on Nightwing, some art by him:

Thank you. That’s nice artwork. (As it turns out, I saw the six fan art portraits on Twitter a while back. I’d forgotten the artist’s name.)
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yara looks older than I was expecting. She seems to be as tall as Steve there. So she is an older teen probably and I guess overlaps with Cassie more than I thought.
    It's possible since she's an amazon who'd have a longer life span in her prime I guess it doesn't matter how old she is in the present.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Becky also had a high profile run on the Punisher a few years ago.
    Oh right, forgot about that, it lasted like two years right? So she's had a decent amount of writing experience.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why wasn't he drawing a book about the Hawks all this time...

Damn, look at Pretty Boy Jason there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Damn, look at Pretty Boy Jason there.
    Yeah, they all have a "softer" look. With fuller lips. And shiny skins. Kinda reminds me of Sims 2 custom content skins - shiny skins used to be really popular.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I noticed the faces too, especially on Diana and Giganta
    I like Giganta's face, but my one complaint (besides Lord and Liar) is Diana's face looking too doe-eyed and youthful.