Page 30 of 258 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys think we will see a lot of older villains ? Like Hyponta?
    The writers have expressed heavy interest in using Golden age villains, so hopefully.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm fairly easy to please.

As long as we get some cool arcs about exploring different mythologies and a Villainy Inc appearance, this will be a top 10 (if not 5) run for me. Also as long as the art keeps up

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm fairly easy to please.

As long as we get some cool arcs about exploring different mythologies and a Villainy Inc appearance, this will be a top 10 (if not 5) run for me. Also as long as the art keeps up
    Same. I just want Villainy Inc back.

Also some epic villain feats would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I remember when Cary Nord was announced for Wilson's run and then...he did, 3 issues? Or when they announced Tamaki's run in a way so as to make us believe Janin would be the artist, but it was just a guest stint.

It's not like the book has gotten good artists recently, they're just not long and very much an indication of fractured creative and editorial visions. Hard to get invested in the book when it seems like an artist's pit stop before moving on to other things. Xermanico was doing some great stuff in a dull run, and then they were pulled off the Darkstars or JL or something.

So yeah, Moore for 12 issues would be a delight. Ah, modern day comics haha.
    Oof, yeah. Not Janin's biggest fan but man do I got some sour grapes of him peacing out over only two issues.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder Woman #773

written by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, AND Jordie Bellaire
    art by Travis Moore, Paulina Ganucheau
    cover by Travis Moore
    card stock variant cover by Joshua Middleton
    $5.99 US| FC | DC
    Pride card stock variant cover by Paulina Ganucheau
    $5.99 US | FC | DC
    ON SALE 6/8/2021
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC

All the treacherous roads of Asgard have led here…the fortress of the Valkyries! These deciders of death on the battlefield have grown tired of the ways of their world and have turned it upside down to remake it in their image. Can Wonder Woman broker peace between these mighty maidens and the men whose fate lies in their hands? This has the makings of a war our hero may never win!

Meanwhile, in the Themyscira of old, Diana puts her quest to find the missing texts on hold to visit with Magala, the oldest Amazon on the island. Shunned by her sisters, this keeper of the Well of Souls has secrets to share, and our young hero is there to listen!

Wonder Woman #774

written by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Jordie Bellaire
    art by Andy MacDonald and Paulina Ganucheau
    cover by Travis Moore
    card stock variant cover by Joshua Middleton
    ON SALE 6/22/2021
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $5.99 US | FC | DC

Olympus has fallen! With the kingdom of the gods in ruins, Wonder Woman finds that only two remain, wounded and abandoned by one of their own! The rest of the Olympians are dead and now it’s up to Diana to travel to the Graveyard of the Gods to recover their souls. Seems like even in the afterlife there is no rest for our hero. Will she ever be able to take her rightful place in the Greek pantheon? Or is she doomed to roam the realm for the rest of eternity?

Meanwhile, in Diana’s past, our young hero comes into contact with Man’s World for the first time. After deciding to read one of the missing texts, she becomes enamored with the story it tells. Now her teacher Clio must bring the princess back to reality or lose her pupil for good!

I didn't expect two Issues at all after so many creators talked about how damaging a bimonthly schedule is. I hope Moore will be back in #775... but at least it makes sense that he is rotated once we leave Asgard. A new reality and stuff. Still disappointing, of course. I'm guessing Cloonan & Conrad or DC want to tell a certain amount of the story before October comes around.

So we still have the same back-up. I'm also starting to believe that it's introducing Diana's newest origin story.

I really like the second cover. Classic, but it works.

Looks like some good stuff coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I didn't expect two Issues at all after so many creators talked about how damaging a bimonthly schedule is. I hope Moore will be back in #775... but at least it makes sense that he is rotated once we leave Asgard. A new reality and stuff. Still disappointing, of course. I'm guessing Cloonan & Conrad or DC want to tell a certain amount of the story before October comes around.

So we still have the same back-up. I'm also starting to believe that it's introducing Diana's newest origin story.

I really like the second cover. Classic, but it works.
    I'm at least happy we have an artist who can seem to stick to an entire arc.

I like the second cover too, since I dig Ancient Greek art.

Awwww don't leave Moore.
    Maybe he's just taking a break.

I hope Gundra is the one leading the Valkyries in this assault. I like this arc but I'm glad it's 3 issues so it won't be bloated like some of the past bimonthly issues have been.

And the Olympians are all dead except two, and it was an Olympian who killed them? 4 of them were already killed, Zeus and Hera were killed by Darksied, Poseidon and Aphrodite were killed by Cheetah. Diana has to go to the Graveyard of the Gods to get their sould but didn't Cheetah destroy the Graveyard of the Gods? Maybe that get reset with this new universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I didn't expect two Issues at all after so many creators talked about how damaging a bimonthly schedule is.
    The double shipping seems to be temporary though it sounds like it may extend past June.

Interesting. It seems a bit counterproductive that Conrad doesn't know for how long. I guess I'll have to push a title from my pull list then.

Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks like some good stuff coming up.

I'm at least happy we have an artist who can seem to stick to an entire arc.

I like the second cover too, since I dig Ancient Greek art.
    Can't deny the truth.

How many times can this franchise kill off the Greek Pantheon only to inevitably bring them back? I mean, I guess if we just get them out of the system so we don't have to deal with them for the entire run...

So is this "encounter with Man's World" just a story she's reading from a book or something? Not retconning out Steve?

Incredible Member

The double ship is cool, I guess.

I'm the glad the arc is a quickie and then a taste of what's next. I wonder who the gods are...but it is kinda confusing, cuz we saw Hera die in Infinite Frontier #0 but she's referenced in the solicit for Wonder Girl as summoning Yara as her champion. I want to believe they've planned this all out but...

It does seem like they want to get a lot of set up and stuff done before whatever comes in October. Or maybe Conrad not knowing how long the double ship will be going on is because DC saw the positive reaction to their first issue and got excited? Can't complain if it's more quality Wondie goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How many times can this franchise kill off the Greek Pantheon only to inevitably bring them back? I mean, I guess if we just get them out of the system so we don't have to deal with them for the entire run...

So is this "encounter with Man's World" just a story she's reading from a book or something? Not retconning out Steve?
    Reading it over makes it sound she probably gets too into some forbidden story about Man's World.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

C'mon Gundra!