Page 39 of 258 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Cool cover. They really need to drop the whole Steve is a stick in the mud thing and hotten him up like Pine or Nemesis.

Another interview with Cloonan and Conrad

-Seems possible, likely, Siegfried will continue appearing after the Norse arc
    -Moore should be back when the book goes back to one issue per month. They knew it'd be double-shipping and it should only be for a brief while. Moore will also be doing something for the 80th anniversary stuff.
    -There will be more of Diana's rogues gallery coming up. No names given on who, beyond just "deep cuts", but Egg Fu won't be one of them.
    -They always planned on using Psycho, they weren't aware of his resurgence in the HQ show.
    -Should be another artist coming up for the bi-monthly stuff. Someone Conrad's wanted to work with for a while apparently.
    -They've pitched "years" worth of stuff to DC, so they'd like to stick around for a while if DC let's them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

-Moore should be back when the book goes back to one issue per month. They knew it'd be double-shipping and it should only be for a brief while. Moore will also be doing something for the 80th anniversary stuff.
    -There will be more of Diana's rogues gallery coming up. No names given on who, beyond just "deep cuts", but Egg Fu won't be one of them.
    -They always planned on using Psycho, they weren't aware of his resurgence in the HQ show.
    -Should be another artist coming up for the bi-monthly stuff. Someone Conrad's wanted to work with for a while apparently.
    -They've pitched "years" worth of stuff to DC, so they'd like to stick around for a while if DC let's them.
    Ah, thank goodness with Moore. I figured as much with the bi-monthly, but you never know.

I know Jill Thompson is returning for an upcoming issue, I wonder if they are referring to her or someone else.

I love all of this.

Siggy is a great addition to the cast, so I hope he does stick around.

I legit think this team might bring back Villainy Inc. And thank god for no Egg Fu.

The run has been pretty successful critically so I'm hoping they do get a chance to stay on the book for a while. I'm sure it all boils down to how much the book is making, but damned if I don't love this run already and want more for the foreseeable future.

I’m glad they acknowledge how weird Wonder Woman’s villains are. That means they are doing a lot of reading.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

All good news! I'm excited to see which other rogues they use.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

We should do a betting pool on potential rogues~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ah, thank goodness with Moore. I figured as much with the bi-monthly, but you never know.

I know Jill Thompson is returning for an upcoming issue, I wonder if they are referring to her or someone else.
    They said they're not allowed to say who it was so probably not. I'm guessing we'll find out next solicitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Yeah, this is making me suspect the Roman God in one of the solicitations will be someone we know.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They are definitely saying all the right things.

I love these guys!

My vote is for THEM! they were so weird in a Hanna-Barbera villain way that could be remade as very menacing. Though they're being trans and the s&m sex crimes angle could be too problematic. They'd have to walk a very fine line.

WW V THEM.jpg

Hmm...Given what we have seen from them so far and considering Hypnota is probably off the table...My guess is going to be Zara 'Purple priestess of the crimson flame!' (who despite the name actually wears green?)

THEM! would certainly be interesting though quite problematic problematic. We never saw it, but it was described that Cathy Perkins (Dianas assistant in charge of the store in her absence who shared a bed with her) had been captured and abused by the trio in ways im not sure I would want to see actually depicted

I feel like THEM should either be left alone or turned to an actual clothing store in Gateway City as a reference and nothing more.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hmm...Given what we have seen from them so far and considering Hypnota is probably off the table...My guess is going to be Zara 'Purple priestess of the crimson flame!' (who despite the name actually wears green?)
    That was actually Sinestra, the Purple Priestess

1272019-purplepriestess1.jpg

JOELLE JONES for NEW WRITER and ARTIST on WONDER WOMAN A.S.A.P she killed it on Wonder Girl and that's what Diana Needs.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    JOELLE JONES for NEW WRITER and ARTIST on WONDER WOMAN A.S.A.P she killed it on Wonder Girl and that's what Diana Needs.
    Are you reading Wonder Woman? Cloonan and Conrad are killing it too, I want to see what happens in their stories next. Their new voice for Diana is almost as game changing as anything done by Perez or Rucka. It's a GREAT time to be a Wonder Woman fan!