Page 4 of 258 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I really dunno why y'all think that Yara is going to be Wonder Girl Yara. It's not. It's the artist's art style making her look younger, otherwise it's just her Wonder Woman look to a T. Given how finished this image is in comparison to the sketch we got of Wonder Girl it's probably been done for a while, while the sketch is newer.

Otherwise I'm super excited for this. Immortal WW sounds great, the art looks great; I really hope the extended Wonder Family does actually show up, especially Donna and Cassie.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Cloonan is primarily known as an artist but she's done some writing as well. As others have mentioned her biggest writing job was probably co-writing Gotham Academy but she's done a few other things like her Image book By Chance or Providence. Not too familiar with Conrad's work - I believe him and Cloonan are a couple - they co-wrote an issue of Doom Patrol last year but I don't think I've read anything else by him.

Travis Moore has been around for a while, I don't think he's done a ton of high profile work but he's talented, most recently was on Nightwing, some art by him:

She also wrote a run on The Punisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I really dunno why y'all think that Yara is going to be Wonder Girl Yara. It's not. It's the artist's art style making her look younger, otherwise it's just her Wonder Woman look to a T. Given how finished this image is in comparison to the sketch we got of Wonder Girl it's probably been done for a while, while the sketch is newer.

Otherwise I'm super excited for this. Immortal WW sounds great, the art looks great; I really hope the extended Wonder Family does actually show up, especially Donna and Cassie.
    I think the confusion is just that we're not sure one way or another whether her WW look is going to get morphed back into being her Wonder Girl costume.

Hell yeah I’m excited! I hope to see great things from Cheetah, Psycho, and Circe. Following up Tynion’s Witching War Circe will be tough but fingers crossed! Nice to see the Wonder Family there in its entirety as well, God I hope Donna is just a kid Diana rescued from a fire going forward.

I think that splash is just a overview of all of WW's cast, not exactly the characters being used in the new run. I fail to see how Liar Liar will fit in a storyline about Diana during Viking times, for example. Additionally, Harpsikord is right about Yara's design and how she doesn't fit. She looks copy and pasted from FS, despite that story taking place in the future (unless Yara doesn't age). That Artemis design too is outdated. The shaved part of her hair grew back in the latter issues of the Outlaws and she'd mostly gone back too her initial Rebirth look.

I'm fairly excited for the book though. T. Moore is very good at attractive people, and I'm willing to give Cloonan and Conrad a fair shake.
    Last edited by km_sus; 12-05-2020 at 03:01 PM.

I'm honestly fairly sure that they're stuck with this being Yara's Wonder Girl look:

Deadline announced the show with it and Joelle recognized it. Even if they wanted to change it they couldn't at this point.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im so ready to get back into Wonder Woman! So I'm praying this new creative team is able to draw me back in. PLEASE start using her supporting cast....PLEASE.

It's nice to see the fully Wonder family there, even Cassie isnt forgotten (yet) though you can see the level of importance with her all the way in the back lol. But im trying to be optimistic.

I'm honestly fairly sure that they're stuck with this being Yara's Wonder Girl look:

Deadline announced the show with it and Joelle recognized it. Even if they wanted to change it they couldn't at this point.
    I thought this was just concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought this was just concept art.
    From what I've heard it was a sketch explicitly created for Deadline to run that article.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I think that splash is just a overview of all of WW's cast, not exactly the characters being used in the new run. I fail to see how Liar Liar will fit in a storyline about Diana during Viking times, for example.
    She could show up after that story is done or be the one behind the plot.

Incredible Member

The splash page fills me with so much hope! I hope it is a sign of what we can expect from the future. While I'm not a fan of Liar Liar, I'm also open to the new creative team proving me wrong. I love Etta's new design, love the inclusion of Maxwell Lord, Circe, Dr. Psycho, and Silver Swan and I'm thrilled to see Nubia. Count me in as someone who likes the Artemis design - I've always hated the ponytail.

I hope they are true to their word, and this run is about fun and adventure. Quite frankly, I could use it!

I want to know what the plan for reintegrating Nubia into the wonder family is, whether they will make her pre-crisis origin canon again.

Extraordinary Member

Travis Moore had a pin up in Wonder Woman #750:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Travis Moore had a pin up in Wonder Woman #750:

Pretty boy Steve for the win .

From what I've heard it was a sketch explicitly created for Deadline to run that article.
    It was called concept art in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It was called concept art in the article.
    I figure it's like that concept art for the Harley Quinn cartoon from Amanda Conner that they used when the show was announced, but wasn't like a final design piece or anything.