Page 41 of 258 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yeah, I gotta agree that Moore's art has been refreshing for me as well.

Again, Wonder Woman has gotten good artists in the past few years, but I don't think any artist has captured her whimsical, almost fairy tale quality like Moore has in recent years. And the spunk/sass conveyed through facial expression and body language gives me life. I think Chiang was wonderful on WW, and particularly with Diana.

For me, whether it's the Moore/Chiang/Evely art or Perez/Jimenez/Scott/Sharp art, it's all good. Some prefer the more stylistic/cartoony art and some prefer super detailed and hyper realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    While I don't agree about Travis Moore's art, I was in the same boat when Cliff Chiang was drawing the title. We like what we like and shouldn't feel pressured to follow the crowd.
    Thanks Dr.Poison and i too felt the same w Cliff Chiang as well we all have ideas how are Favorite Characters should be Drawn and Mr Moore just isn't doing it for ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree that Moore's art has been refreshing for me as well.

Again, Wonder Woman has gotten good artists in the past few years, but I don't think any artist has captured her whimsical, almost fairy tale quality like Moore has in recent years. And the spunk/sass conveyed through facial expression and body language gives me life. I think Chiang was wonderful on WW, and particularly with Diana.

For me, whether it's the Moore/Chiang/Evely art or Perez/Jimenez/Scott/Sharp art, it's all good. Some prefer the more stylistic/cartoony art and some prefer super detailed and hyper realistic.
    I agree about Moore, but Liam Sharp had that fairy tale quality too. I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to stylistic vs. realistic and Cliff Chiang's art didn't do it for me either. It was polished and had a lot of style but it wasn't my personal cup of tea . Some of his gods were genius but the other half fell flat. The backgrounds and designs were okay for the most part but I didn't like the way he drew Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not all art will be for everyone. There are some that love Finches work. I just think there is a distinction between "HORRIBLE" and "not my taste" lol

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    No i'm NOT reading Wonder Woman right now i can get past the Horrible Art.
    While I certainly understand someone not being to your preferences, I definitely would not classify Moore's art as Horrible by any stretch, there's absolutely been . Would you care to clarify what it is about his work you dont like?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Another interview with Cloonan and Conrad

-Seems possible, likely, Siegfried will continue appearing after the Norse arc
    -Moore should be back when the book goes back to one issue per month. They knew it'd be double-shipping and it should only be for a brief while. Moore will also be doing something for the 80th anniversary stuff.
    -There will be more of Diana's rogues gallery coming up. No names given on who, beyond just "deep cuts", but Egg Fu won't be one of them.
    -They always planned on using Psycho, they weren't aware of his resurgence in the HQ show.
    -Should be another artist coming up for the bi-monthly stuff. Someone Conrad's wanted to work with for a while apparently.
    -They've pitched "years" worth of stuff to DC, so they'd like to stick around for a while if DC let's them.
    They're saying the right things... But I've been on this ride for too long to trust a writer's PR with Diana. I'm in so far, and I hope this keeps up, but the real sticking point for this run will be how they handle the usual supporting cast when Diana touches down in the regular DCU again.

Yes, that includes Steve. And Artemis. And so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They're saying the right things... But I've been on this ride for too long to trust a writer's PR with Diana. I'm in so far, and I hope this keeps up, but the real sticking point for this run will be how they handle the usual supporting cast when Diana touches down in the regular DCU again.

Yes, that includes Steve. And Artemis. And so many others.
    That's fair. I'm waiting until the first arc ends before I feel I can judge them so far. As I've said elsewhere, Wilson's run started pretty decent imo before getting rather boring rather fast (or just plain bad with Queen Grail).

But with Psycho showing up I'm giving them more of a chance they'll actually use more of her rogues/supporting cast given he was on that group shot poster (though I'm not complaining if a certain duo there is left out of this run ).
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-23-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While I certainly understand someone not being to your preferences, I definitely would not classify Moore's art as Horrible by any stretch, there's absolutely been . Would you care to clarify what it is about his work you dont like?
    I'm literally shook that anyone could not like Moore's work on the series.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    #773 Variant

Just saw this variant on twitter, man this looks great. I’d love to see Diana have another love interest besides steve for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    #773 Variant

Am I the only one who looks at this and sees Kat Dennings?

KAT.jpg

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm literally shook that anyone could not like Moore's work on the series.
    I was shocked by all the praise that Chaing got on the Azz series. I felt that his art was more of a 2nd stringer than people like Lopestri for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I was shocked by all the praise that Chaing got on the Azz series. I felt that his art was more of a 2nd stringer than people like Lopestri for instance.
    Hmm, I though Lopresti was pretty underrated as far as Wonder Woman artists go.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I like them both for different reasons, but I agree that Lopresti is underrated.

I hope he gets an issue of Historia

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, I though Lopresti was pretty underrated as far as Wonder Woman artists go.
    He was a great artist I just didn't like taste. He did things like hike the chest emblem up to her chin and raised the belt on the Dodson costume from her hips to her waist so the shorts looked like granny panties. He took out all the modernity the Dodsons had tweaked into the costume and made it staid and old fashioned instead. Then when he did regular clothes he had a tendency to dress Diana like a librarian wearing the Jacklyn Smith collection from K-Mart. It wasn't good, he was much better at the sword and sandal barbarian looks from Ends of the Earth.