Page 43 of 258 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I meant feeble. Frail. Weak. She doesn't seem physically powerful, more like Black Widow in the MCU.
    Really? I don't see that at all. I love his art style, and I would love if he was commissioned for a big Wonder Woman project.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I meant feeble. Frail. Weak. She doesn't seem physically powerful, more like Black Widow in the MCU.
    I don't get that vibe at all from Fabok. She looks strong and fierce under Fabok's art!

Besides, unless an artist purposely draws a superheroine with more muscles, they would all seem to look as physically powerful as Black Widow. Most of the time the only thing that changes with respect to females drawn in comics is their hairstyles. The physiques all look the same.

For one thing Jason Fabok draws Wonder Woman with narrow shoulders, tiny torso and skinny arms. Her bracelets are bigger than her forearms.

Compare this panel by Jason Fabok

To these panels by Bryan Hitch (whose style I don't love anymore but could be good on Wonder Woman)

Bryan Hitch draws Diana like she is a titan that can stand above others. Not just a fit woman. She has the body type of a wrestler, instead of a fitness instructor.

Now, I'm not saying that Json Fabok is as bad as David Finch or Jim Lee. Fabok does put some definition and even mass on her shoulders, but she is still a narrow figure when drawn by him. She could be dangerous, but she isn't imposing. Not a "Wonder" Woman.

4 posts in a row? Gurl, use the edit function.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Not so hot in this design (think it got shafted pretty soon because BvS/Rebirth started up relatively soon after it debuted ). But yeah, Fabok does a good Diana even if he’s only really done her in JL stuff.

Speaking of that Hitch story, Diana is in that tease for the JSA. Guess they are going with her being the first hero after all which is fine (unless it’s Hippolyta knowing Johns love of bringing back old continuity).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of that Hitch story, Diana is in that tease for the JSA. Guess they are going with her being the first hero after all which is fine (unless it’s Hippolyta knowing Johns love of bringing back old continuity).
    If so does this mean they are throwing out her Rebirth Year One origin?

Edit: Is this the Photo? There are two Wonder Women, but there are also two Allen Scott and Wildcat's in the background...

I'm so confused already, LMAO.

Edit: But since they are doing a thing about having Hippolyta actually be on the Justice League throughout history now, it could very well be Hippolyta. Or Diana from another Earth? Since they have multiple version of the same character in the poster.

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-25-2021 at 12:58 PM.

This was all so much simpler when the JSA/Golden Age stuff existed on their own Earth.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Doesn't look like Fury is on there, which is a bummer. But somehow Helena Wayne is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This was all so much simpler when the JSA/Golden Age stuff existed on their own Earth.
    Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I hope that's the case with this...

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Compare this panel by Jason Fabok

To these panels by Bryan Hitch (whose style I don't love anymore but could be good on Wonder Woman)

To each his own. I really don't see the same things as you do within the art you have shown. And for the record, I don't want Wonder Woman to look like a wrestler, but more of an extremely fit woman. If we can believe that she can bench press mountains (still lip service) with the body type she has, then there is no need for her to be overly thick or broad as some would put it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If so does this mean they are throwing out her Rebirth Year One origin?

Edit: Is this the Photo? There are two Wonder Women, but there are also two Allen Scott and Wildcat's in the background...

I'm so confused already, LMAO.

Edit: But since they are doing a thing about having Hippolyta actually be on the Justice League throughout history now, it could very well be Hippolyta. Or Diana from another Earth? Since they have multiple version of the same character in the poster.

I guess? Rebirth had her first arrive in the modern day which doesn’t work if she was operating in WW2. But I am not looking forward to Johns doing an origin for her if so, I thought his origin for Superman was mediocre as hell despite the great Frank art and enjoying his run otherwise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/