Page 47 of 258 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    In terms of comics think of how Darwyn Cooke, Drew Johnson and Bryan Hitch draw Wonder Woman.

But in real life think of Helen Maroulis. The first american woman to win a gold medal in freestyle wrestling at the Summer Olympics.

Attachment 109928
    Attachment 109929

Wide shoulders, thick legs, strong torso, full arms. Her body is built for strength and agility.
    Well.....we have very different ideas on how Wonder Woman should look.

Gal Gadot is as far away a look from what you would like on the big screen!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Ok, so the Roman god is Janus, not Mars. Interesting.

And we're going to Gemworld? HELL YEAH!

Edit: Also Travis Moore in doing interiors again starting at 778.
    Interestingly, Janus is also described as a "her". Isn't Janus usually male?

This Multiverse trip us unexpected, but still very neat. And while Supe and Bat character cameos may be a sore sport for us, I can't hate the appearances by Mxy, Bat-Mite or Xa-Du.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Gal Gadot is as far away a look from what you would like on the big screen!
    Yup. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate her in the role, but she is far from what I think Wonder Woman should look like. But we weren't even discussing live action movies, we were talking about comics, and about people wanting Jason Fabok to draw Wonder Woman. I was describing the reasons why I hate the way he draws her and giving you examples of artists and real people that challenge the gender norms in the way Wonder Woman should.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

This Multiverse trip us unexpected, but still very neat. And while Supe and Bat character cameos may be a sore sport for us, I can't hate the appearances by Mxy, Bat-Mite or Xa-Du.
    I'm wondering if some more secret villains will appear. Plot-twist Sebastian is Earth-11's Cheetah.

Edit: Also yes, Janus is male in Roman Myth. Double plot-twist, it's the Janus from Earth-11.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-26-2021 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder Woman 777

Man, Wonder Woman with a flowing skirt is always so boss. I wish they replaced the weird "armor skirt".

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Normally, yes I'd be annoyed but I'm always down for some Mxy and with Xa-Du/Phantom King seems an interesting character in his own right so at least it's someone outside the box in his case than someone writers would usually go with (looking at you Deathstroke).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Man, Wonder Woman with a flowing skirt is always so boss. I wish they replaced the weird "armor skirt".
    It's cute to see the flowing JSA skirt but I definitely wouldn't trade the realistic Greek battleskirt for it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm surprised Adventures of Young Diana is still going.

I too wouldn't want to trade the realistic battle skirt. I've loved it ever since Fabok drew it during Darkseid War.

Wonder Woman 778

This kind-of made me realize I miss the post-crisis costume.

Plus I don't mind Mxy, Bat-Mite or Xa-Du cameo's. They're not overplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

I too wouldn't want to trade the realistic battle skirt. I've loved it ever since Fabok drew it during Darkseid War.
    That's probably going on until issue #779. Not sure if they will continue with more Adventures of Young Diana or swap out the backup with another character.

But the Earth-0 solicitation confirms it is cannon, so that peaks my interest about where it is going.

Incredible Member

I'm loving the references to the different eras with the different costumes on those covers. And yeah, post-crisis costume looks good by Moore.

Also, I gotta say I love how strange this whole arc has been. Wonder Man? Love the campy concept but I can see some fun to be had with a gender bent universe where the Manazons are dictatorial.

Also, the cover for 778 has a purple lasso. Wonder what that could be about.

Wonder what the purple lasso is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post

Same on the Rebirth skirt.

Looks like we might be going through a few of Diana's outfits with the Golden Age and Post-Crisis outfits on the covers.

I don't' mind them either. It's at least an outside the box one with Phantom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I'm loving the references to the different eras with the different costumes on those covers. And yeah, post-crisis costume looks good by Moore.

Also, I gotta say I love how strange this whole arc has been. Wonder Man? Love the campy concept but I can see some fun to be had with a gender bent universe where the Manazons are dictatorial.

Also, the cover for 778 has a purple lasso. Wonder what that could be about.
    So does the cover for #774, so we won't have to wait long to find out what that's about.

Wonder what the purple lasso is about.

Same on the Rebirth skirt.

Looks like we might be going through a few of Diana's outfits with the Golden Age and Post-Crisis outfits on the covers.

I don't' mind them either. It's at least an outside the box one with Phantom King.
    Plus it means Diana will be slugging it out with a kryptonian who's not Superman or Supergirl. Thank goodness.

Variants