Page 49 of 258 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Diana is at her best, in her element, as a pulp-inspired adventurer, like Tom Strong, Lara Croft or Hawkman, ..and standing fast for freedom, wherever it's threatened. Living the true creed of an Amazon! Wonder Woman hasn't been in better hands, since...who knows?!
    Wonder Woman should always be written as a adventurer and explorer. She's been isolated and sheltered for thousands of years on Themyscira that it make sense for her to find competition.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She may not be thriving in multimedia but she is thriving in the comics. The art is so gorgeous and the stories have been so good lately.
    Don't jinx it, you dummy.

Amazing Member

love the covers...S/N I guess we start calling the Lasso the Purple Lasso of Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    love the covers...S/N I guess we start calling the Lasso the Purple Lasso of Truth
    I'm guessing she'll get that at the end of the Norse stuff or when she goes back to Olympus.

Can’t help but find some level of humor in changing her lasso’s color to purple in her ongoing while simultaneously launching a mini-series called “Black and Gold”, named after her lasso’s color.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Can’t help but find some level of humor in changing her lasso’s color to purple in her ongoing while simultaneously launching a mini-series called “Black and Gold”, named after her lasso’s color.
    Must be using up all the gold coloring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Must be using up all the gold coloring.
    If Warlock was in print, we'd face a nationwide shortage of gold ink.

What...a purple lasso?!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    What...a purple lasso?!
    Indeed! Check out the covers!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The lasso being purple won't stick around.

If Warlock was in print, we'd face a nationwide shortage of gold ink.
    Hey, all I'm saying is release the hardcover with all the gold in the book replaced with goldleaf and add goldleaf accents to the page edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mean, it's not really realistic. Yes it has a historical basis, but that doesn't make it useful. And it's much less stylish than a normal skirt.

We traded a swimsuit for something just as revealing, except it's armor that doesn't actually give any protection. I don't have anything against her wearing armor or not wearing armor, but if you're gonna go with armor, at least have it make sense.
    Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. And it's not like any of her other famous outfits are less clasically feminine. The leather "battle" skirt is still a skirt. The swimsuit is obviously feminine too.
    I'm just saying skirts are very gender specific so it seems like a contradiction that you'd also want a Diana who defies gender norms.

I mean, it's not really realistic. Yes it has a historical basis, but that doesn't make it useful. And it's much less stylish than a normal skirt.

We traded a swimsuit for something just as revealing, except it's armor that doesn't actually give any protection. I don't have anything against her wearing armor or not wearing armor, but if you're gonna go with armor, at least have it make sense.
    I'm not a fan of the purple lasso, that's Donna's color if she even still has one. Though it could be interesting if it were actually Donna's purple lasso of persuasion that Diana needed to borrow for some reason. I think it's arguably as great a power as truth telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm just saying skirts are very gender specific so it seems like a contradiction that you'd also want a Diana who defies gender norms.
    There isn't much you can do in terms of fashion to challenge female gender norms. You see plenty of women wearing all the things men wear in media. A skirt doesn't seem to me like it makes much of a difference. In fact, it actually helps to reduce how she is objectified so to me that's a plus.

Having a woman built like an olympic wrestler is something you can't find in any piece of pop culture (except Gina Carano I guess) so it actually makes a difference and perfectly fits her theme.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-28-2021 at 02:11 PM.

The idea that men wearing skirts/dresses is taboo is fairly recent in history and is more of a western taboo anyway.

Roman warriors wore skirts, many civilizations that live in warmer climates wore skirts/dresses.

Jesus is never depicted wearing pants.

Another interview;

- They were offered this not knowing what the plan was for Diana in Death Metal beyond just being dead
    - Cloonan talked a bit about how her view of WW is a duality between being a goddess of war and peace
    - Talked a bit about the death threats they got over the Superman stuff from IWW, which they found odd as they didn’t intend it to be read as romantic
    - Diana will probably be back in the regular DC continuity by October (her 80th), so the September and October solicitations should be interesting to see
    - Talked on the critique of Diana not sounding like her usual stuff; they says it’s because she both isn’t her usual self at the moment and also that main things she’s interacting with are drunk Vikings and a squirrel.
    - They have about two years worth of proposed material and editorial at the moment seems game for it
    - They would love to do a long run on WW and are aware of fans getting tired with the short tenures of previous writers on the book or that people thought this would be another filler run

The idea that men wearing skirts/dresses is taboo is fairly recent in history and is more of a western taboo anyway.

Roman warriors wore skirts, many civilizations that live in warmer climates wore skirts/dresses.

Jesus is never depicted wearing pants.
    Romans actually thought wearing pants was the sign of being uncivilized. Before they started conquering north and realized clothes for the Mediterranean wasn’t suitable for winter in Britain.