Page 5 of 258 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Travis Moore had a pin up in Wonder Woman #750:

This gives me hope that Year One is still canon at least for this run instead of all this nonsense with the JSA or whatever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Travis Moore had a pin up in Wonder Woman #750:

Travis is the main draw for me...at this point. I will reserve judgement until I learn and read more.
    We've had a few female writers on the book recently and none of them have been able get me truly invested and interested in my absolute favourite DC character so...I hope Cloonan will break that dismal spell.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Travis is the main draw for me...at this point. I will reserve judgement until I learn and read more.
    We've had a few female writers on the book recently and none of them have been able get me truly invested and interested in my absolute favourite DC character so...I hope Cloonan will break that dismal spell.
    I think that Tamaki could've written a good run for Wonder Woman. Her voice for Diana is actually stunningly good, but the arc that she was hired to write is... well... it's not. It was clearly meant to be a movie tie-in primarily, but at least she writes Diana well. I would've liked to see what she could've done with her if she were able to tell the story she really wanted to.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Newsarama: DC names new Wonder Woman creative team

Taking over with March's Wonder Woman #770.
    I'm nothing but happy, this looks as if it could be a new Golden Age for Wonder Woman!

Incredible Member

Newsarama: DC names new Wonder Woman creative team

Taking over with March's Wonder Woman #770.
    Tamaki's run hasn't been interesting me, so I'm glad to see a new team. Nice to see them acknowledge Diana's supporting cast including Artemis, Diana, and Cassie. Hope this is sign they'll be used and not neglected. I don't like Artemis having her side buzz cut she had briefly in Red hood here. Hopefully it's just this cover and she'll have her normal hairstyle if she appears in the book, which I really hope she does. Her ponytail is much better and more iconic. Hard to tell whether Yara is being drawn younger here so it's her as Wonder Girl or not.

Incredible Member

Travis Moooooooorrreeee!!! Yeeeeeeee-haaaawwww!!! I am excited, also by Becky Cloonan!!!!

Incredible Member

So they didn't actually announce any new Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl title today, just the new team for Wonder Woman's ongoing. I wonder when and where Joelle Jones project with Yara will show up?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think that Tamaki could've written a good run for Wonder Woman. Her voice for Diana is actually stunningly good, but the arc that she was hired to write is... well... it's not. It was clearly meant to be a movie tie-in primarily, but at least she writes Diana well. I would've liked to see what she could've done with her if she were able to tell the story she really wanted to.
    You make a fair point. I don't know who could have delivered a good plot with Max at the center.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wow, okay! I'm hesitantly excited.

I LOVE that splash page... 'cept for Max and Liar Liar. Blegh.

Hahahaha!!! My thoughts exactly. Glad to see some of Diana's main rogues appearing. If all of these villains have major roles in the run, I'll be quite happy. Now where are Dr. Poison and Queen Clea?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Hahahaha!!! My thoughts exactly. Glad to see some of Diana's main rogues appearing. If all of these villains have major roles in the run, I'll be quite happy. Now where are Dr. Poison and Queen Clea?
    The latter seems to be making a cameo in Future State Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where'd you see that?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They make Etta look too much like Amanda Waller. Like at least give her some defining feature or a different hairstyle.

Anyway all of this looks very promising. Hopefully the art is for more than 30+ issues.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can't say I know much of Michael Conrad but having looked up his work, I won't complain for sure!
    Travis i am surprised to find here, thought they may have used him on Nightwing again, but quite happy he is here.
    Becky Cloonan...on Wonder Woman? Surely not. Becky is an accomplished comic book writer. She knows her stuff. DC surely wouldn't put a writer on the book who knows what she's doing and is good at it. Perhaps she's only here for a few issues and then they give it to Chuck Austen.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is that actually her? I saw those posts and thought it was just speculation. Will be very nice if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Where'd you see that?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Is that actually her? I saw those posts and thought it was just speculation. Will be very nice if so.

Not sure who else it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They make Etta look too much like Amanda Waller. Like at least give her some defining feature or a different hairstyle.

Anyway all of this looks very promising. Hopefully the art is for more than 30+ issues.
    She looks a little more fab than Waller does, but I understand the point.