Page 51 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In fairness, some of it seems Snyder and DC didn't want stuff for Death Metal spoiled but yes odd you don't give the upcoming creative team at least a little bit more info on the character touted as the star of event post the story.
    Thats a plus in my book. Less wider DC universe has to do with Snyder's nonsenses the better.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thats a plus in my book. Less wider DC universe has to do with Snyder's nonsenses the better.
    Well, yes. Diana being off on her own at the moment is a plus in my book also.

Though guess we’ll see how the stuff with Xa-Du, Batmite, and Mxy go.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Though guess we’ll see how the stuff with Xa-Du, Batmite, and Mxy go.
    At least it might be a one-off issue, and the former two at least don't get much play in modern Supes or Bats books so that is refreshing.

Has Diana ever had a character that would be a natural fit from the 5th dimension? Maybe that character will appear here alongside Mxy and Batmite. Mr. Genie?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    At least it might be a one-off issue, and the former two at least don't get much play in modern Supes or Bats books so that is refreshing.

Has Diana ever had a character that would be a natural fit from the 5th dimension? Maybe that character will appear here alongside Mxy and Batmite. Mr. Genie?
    I suppose Genro Genie is the closest fit. Particularly since the 5th dimension does have genies.

Wonder Tot?

No, I agree there. I'm reasonably interested to see how they'll be used.

Another interview;

- They were offered this not knowing what the plan was for Diana in Death Metal beyond just being dead
    - Cloonan talked a bit about how her view of WW is a duality between being a goddess of war and peace
    - Talked a bit about the death threats they got over the Superman stuff from IWW, which they found odd as they didn’t intend it to be read as romantic
    - Diana will probably be back in the regular DC continuity by October (her 80th), so the September and October solicitations should be interesting to see
    - Talked on the critique of Diana not sounding like her usual stuff; they says it’s because she both isn’t her usual self at the moment and also that main things she’s interacting with are drunk Vikings and a squirrel.
    - They have about two years worth of proposed material and editorial at the moment seems game for it
    - They would love to do a long run on WW and are aware of fans getting tired with the short tenures of previous writers on the book or that people thought this would be another filler run
    In that interview Conrad let it slip at the 102-103 minute mark that "In the real world she's been around for 80 years and in the comic world she might have been around for longer then that." and that he "doesn't want to spoil to much there" so...

It better be because of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    In that interview Conrad let it slip at the 102-103 minute mark that "In the real world she's been around for 80 years and in the comic world she might have been around for longer then that." and that he "doesn't want to spoil to much there" so...

It better be because of time travel.
    I picked up on that too when I first listened.

I picked up on that too when I first listened.
    I mean if they absolutely have to put her in World War 2 for some reason, just use time travel. It's the easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I mean if they absolutely have to put her in World War 2 for some reason, just use time travel. It's the easiest solution.

Dark times when time travel is considered the easiest, non-brain bending, solution.

What's so brain bending about Diana having existed for 80 years?

To be clear, I'm not hell bent on it, but I don't see a reason why not either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What's so brain bending about Diana having existed for 80 years?
    Because then we get a another New 52 to Rebirth situation where we don't know what's cannon and what isn't. Plus 3 completely different origins in 10 years is ridiculous.

If they just keep the Rebirth origin and toss her back in time like they did Green Arrow recently then that's fine, but then it's like if she's been around for 80 years why did she let all those terrible things happen... it's just like Captain America from Endgame only she actually is powerful enough to stop all of those things single-handedly.

Isn't this basically just hinting at the canon that shes lived on the island for a long time before leaving? It would hardly be the first time in canon where she was older than she looked

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Isn't this basically just hinting at the canon that shes lived on the island for a long time before leaving? It would hardly be the first time in canon where she was older than she looked
    Oh yeah, it could honestly be that.

Like how in the movie she was chilling on Themyscira for 500 years or something before Steve came. But then Conrad said he didn't want to "get into spoilers" after he brought it up so I feel like maybe that wasn't what he meant.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-31-2021 at 02:02 PM.