Page 6 of 258 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Agreed with the others, Max Lord and especially Liar Liar don't belong there. Should've used Veronica, Cyber or Poison instead. Also I can't help but notice that out of seven villains on the cover three have mind control powers and all the female ones have red hair. Some variety please!

The supporting cast is pure joy though, I'm glad they remembered Cassie and Artemis and totally ignored Jason, lol

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Not sure who else it could be.
    Clea and the forces of Venturia would sometimes ride pterosaurs, so hopefully it is her and these winged mounts are updates?

For an even deeper cut, it might be her daughter Ptra

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Agreed with the others, Max Lord and especially Liar Liar don't belong there. Should've used Veronica, Cyber or Poison instead. Also I can't help but notice that out of seven villains on the cover three have mind control powers and all the female ones have red hair. Some variety please!

The supporting cast is pure joy though, I'm glad they remembered Cassie and Artemis and totally ignored Jason, lol
    Make Circe purple again .
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Clea and the forces of Venturia would sometimes ride pterosaurs, so hopefully it is her and these winged mounts are updates?

I do think it's significant that she's directly facing off against Wonder Woman in the image, too.

Not sure who else it could be.
    Considering our luck it's probably some original character.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Make Circe purple again .

I do think it's significant that she's directly facing off against Wonder Woman in the image, too.
    Also that the Aqua character is in it as Clea is Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I can't say I know much of Michael Conrad but having looked up his work, I won't complain for sure!
    Travis i am surprised to find here, thought they may have used him on Nightwing again, but quite happy he is here.
    Becky Cloonan...on Wonder Woman? Surely not. Becky is an accomplished comic book writer. She knows her stuff. DC surely wouldn't put a writer on the book who knows what she's doing and is good at it. Perhaps she's only here for a few issues and then they give it to Chuck Austen.
    Nah, the real dumb thing would be to hand it off to someone like Tom Taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They make Etta look too much like Amanda Waller. Like at least give her some defining feature or a different hairstyle.

Anyway all of this looks very promising. Hopefully the art is for more than 30+ issues.
    I liked her look from Bloodlines

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Considering our luck it's probably some original character.
    I definitely assumed both those women were new. The one platinum blonde doesn't look anything like Clea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I definitely assumed both those women were new. The one platinum blonde doesn't look anything like Clea.
    Granted she hasn't had a proper comic appearance in...how long? So it stands to reason she could get a design revamp.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope Jason becomes a pawn of Doctor Psycho’s, so he can be the Rebirth era’s psionic construct, Captain Wonder. Captain Wonder was a construct of Psyxho’s, so it’d be nice to see a nod to thar Bronze Age wink for Roy Thomas’s run.

Granted she hasn't had a proper comic appearance in...how long? So it stands to reason she could get a design revamp.
    Not like that. From that panel alone, that character looks super generic. Her original design and the one used in Jimenez's run was far more preferable.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I’m digging that lineup roster save for Max and Liar, Liar.
    I assume that Mariko Tamaki's run hasn't had the most positive reception among Wonder Woman fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I assume that Mariko Tamaki's run hasn't had the most positive reception among Wonder Woman fans?
    Nobody hates it that I’ve seen, it’s just kinda meh. It’s got some good stuff to it, but not enough to really excite me.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Hopefully the character pictured above is Ptra as I liked Clea's previous design much better and Yara fighting Ptra in the future may be an opening for stories set in the present where Diana fights Clea.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    There’s been worse and it’s mostly average filler but I doubt even any of the best writers from WW’s history could get me to care about Max Lord.

Extraordinary Member

The preview for Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1 features Travis Moore's story, lot of Donna and a shot of Cassie in the background if you want another look at how he'll fit on Wonder Woman.