Page 66 of 258 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I bet it's for the 80th anniversary issue.
    Yeah, I got a hunch it's this piece Jen Bartel is teasing on twitter.

You guys yes think we will get Donna and Cassie in the 80th issue ? Maybe showing that they will be apart in this team?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    You guys yes think we will get Donna and Cassie in the 80th issue ? Maybe showing that they will be apart in this team?
    I think so. Since that's probably the issue Diana will come back to life (or return to Earth) I expect everyone will be there. Or, that's what I hope anyway...

Presumably yes, though I find it disappointing the Paquette cover only used Hippolyta, Nubia, and new kid on the block Yara.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think if we do, they will be background characters and add nothing to the issue

I have a love hate relationship with Yara. A new Wonder Family member okay but also why not fight harder to have Donna in there or Cassie. If anything it proves the point DC is lazy and they are running only on cliches. And when it's done they give up and do the same thing over again. They have rebooted 3 times. New 52, Rebirth and Infinity Frontier. In very short amount of time. It most be a mess at editoral and staff. They can't pull this game anymore. These new characters have the high chance of being lost.

Considering how editorial corals different characters to different editors, its not to surprising they would focus on Yara considering she is seemingly the only one of the Wonder Girls they can actually use without having to get approval from other branches of the publishing line.

Donna has always been notoriously difficult to use for basically ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Are Martian gods still alive?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    spoilers:
    Are Martian gods still alive?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not anymore
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not anymore
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Creepy cool preview! Can't wait until Tuesday!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

All-New Member

I have a love hate relationship with Yara. A new Wonder Family member okay but also why not fight harder to have Donna in there or Cassie. If anything it proves the point DC is lazy and they are running only on cliches. And when it's done they give up and do the same thing over again. They have rebooted 3 times. New 52, Rebirth and Infinity Frontier. In very short amount of time. It most be a mess at editoral and staff. They can't pull this game anymore. These new characters have the high chance of being lost.
    Same here. I was not a fan in FS and I was kind of disappointed of introducing new member instead of focusing on Donna. Or Cassie.

But the new run? I love it. Wonder Girl got me hooked way more than Wonder Woman run does right now. Byfar

Solicits for #780 and the 80th Anniversary issue.

WONDER WOMAN #780 - On Sale October 12, 2021

The iconic Super Hero returns in the ongoing WONDER WOMAN series featuring writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad and art by Travis Moore. After the events of Death Metal, Diana finally makes it back from her unforgettable odyssey through the Sphere of the Gods! Has the world moved on without her? This special oversize story paves the way into an exciting new future for the greatest hero of them all.
    80th Issue
    An oversize super spectacular featuring new stories that capture timeless messages of hope and empowerment are presented together in this gorgeous keepsake issue. With new adventures from acclaimed DC talent including writers Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Jordie Bellaire, Mark Waid, Tom King, Steve Orlando, G. Willow Wilson, Amy Reeder, Vita Ayala and Stephanie Phillips, and artists Jim Cheung, Paulina Ganucheau, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Joe Prado, Amy Reeder, Evan “Doc” Shaner, Isaac Goodheart, Laura Braga, Marcio Takara, and Meghan Hetrick, this one-of-a-kind special will showcase Diana’s past, present, and future to celebrate Wonder Woman’s legacy.

This keepsake collection will also be available with variant covers spotlighting Wonder Woman across different incarnations including the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern Ages along with cover artwork inspired by her big and small-screen incarnations, from artists Will Murai, Cat Staggs, Bruce Timm, Jen Bartel, Amy Reeder, Michael Cho, Travis Moore and Cliff Chiang.

Oh, #780 is oversized. DC is getting a lot of my money in October.

Looking good there Steve. Can't wait to see how Cloonrad writes Diana on Earth.