Page 67 of 258 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3858

Something tells me we will see a real awkward conversation if Siegfried is still around should she run back into Steve
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Something tells me we will see a real awkward conversation if Siegfried is still around should she run back into Steve
    For sure. Unless they go this way. Either stay with Siggi in God's Sphere or return to earth without him.

Otherwise it's gonna be funny

Why is Mark Waid there?
    Vita Ayala sounds familiar but I don't think I've read anything she wrote.

Really curious about Steve Orlando's story and Tom King's (I'm probably the only here).

Doc Shaner is a cool addition but I'm disappointed that Otto Schmidt didn't get a shot. I was really hoping he would be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why is Mark Waid there?

Really curious about Steve Orlando's story and Tom King's (I'm probably the only here).

Doc Shaner is a cool addition but I'm disappointed that Otto Schmidt didn't get a shot. I was really hoping he would be in there.
    On account of Kingdom Come I imagine given how much it’s shaped Diana. Also because they asked and he said yes?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interested to see King and Waid's stories just so long as Bats and Supes aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why is Mark Waid there?

She wrote a few one-off stories. One about Cheetah in the DC'S BEACH BLANKET BAD GUYS SPECIAL #1 and TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: WONDER WOMAN WAR OF THE GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interested to see King and Waid's stories just so long as Bats and Supes aren't there.
    Waid at least is on record as saying he f***ed up writing her in KC, so hopefully she won’t be like that here. King I can’t wait to read because this is clearly why he was reading Mod era WW and I think it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    She wrote a few one-off stories. One about Cheetah in the DC'S BEACH BLANKET BAD GUYS SPECIAL #1 and TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: WONDER WOMAN WAR OF THE GODS.
    Vita’s main work has been over at Marvel with New Mutants. Also is writing the new Static S1 mini and wrote the Batgirls backups for FS. Heard New Mutants was good, really enjoyed Static myself, didn’t enjoy the Batgirls backups.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm also looking forward to King's take. As long as it is a contained story I still think he can do something interesting. But yeah, please, no Bat or Supes.

Just fyi, Ayala's pronouns are they/them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid at least is on record as saying he f***ed up writing her in KC, so hopefully she won’t be like that here. King I can’t wait to read because this is clearly why he was reading Mod era WW and I think it will be great.
    I know, why I'm interested to see Waid doing something, presumably, solo with her since the main stuff I think of her when it comes to him is KC and the JL run.

King has to climb out of the hole he dug with that Batman two-parter though.

His admission of guilt is what makes me curious to see how he will write her now that he's had 25 years to reflect on it.

Kingdom Come was like, the ultimate double edge sword for Wonder Woman, lol. (Same with Bats and Sups, TBH)

Waid should admit guilt for every single page of KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    King has to climb out of the hole he dug with that Batman two-parter though.
    Was that the one where they were trapped in some alternate dimension for hundreds of years and almost had sex?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Waid should admit guilt for every single page of KC.

Was that the one where they were trapped in some alternate dimension for hundreds of years and almost had sex?
    Yeah, which was almost the exact same plot as a Superman story from the early 2000s.

That they did the same plotline twice with Diana and Supes & Bats is both hilarious and infuriating because it perfectly sums up how DC in general uses her with regards to them: as a tool to prop them up. King didn’t know about the earlier story to be fair (at least he claims not to have and I believe him), but c’mon the editors shouldn’t be allowing Diana to be used like that.

Still King referenced Jumpa of all characters in his story, and he loves deep dives through old characters histories (which works well with his niche as a revamped of C-Listers) so I am optimistic he’ll do right by her this time around.

That they did the same plotline twice with Diana and Supes & Bats is both hilarious and infuriating because it perfectly sums up how DC in general uses her with regards to them: as a tool to prop them up. King didn’t know about the earlier story to be fair (at least he claims not to have and I believe him), but c’mon the editors shouldn’t be allowing Diana to be used like that.

Still King referenced Jumpa of all characters in his story, and he loves deep dives through old characters histories (which works well with his niche as a revamped of C-Listers) so I am optimistic he’ll do right by her this time around.
    Considering how hated Heroes in Crisis is among many, King's desire to deep-dive into characters psyche, and his love of deep-diving into comics characters histories and what the original creator envisioned for that character (more-so in his mini's) I always though King could do something interesting with Wonder Woman considering she was the first hero to make an active attempted at reforming her villains, and could act as a sort of second try with the Heroes in Crisis controversies.

(And maybe he'd refresh some of her villains like he did with Kite-man (hell yeah) )

I'm waiting for the threequel where both get trapped in an alternate universe where one or the other have to confess their love for the other.