Page 69 of 258 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3858

I think I like Amy Reeder’s Golden Age tribute the best. I’m usually a sucker for a Lynda Carter homage but Cat Staggs’….doesn’t look like Lynda I’m afraid.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right? No Donna, Cassie, Hippolyta, Steve, Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Pyscho but hey, let's feature the New 52 Olympians and Zola(who absolutely no-one has asked to see again).
    That's a bit much - the Azzarello/Chiang/Akins run was a controversial run, it wasn't a universally derided run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Covers for the 80th Anniversary Issue
    I don't like any of them. There's something wrong in almost every one, be it a weird angle, questionable anatomy, costume irregularity, something. Or they're boring and uninspired.

The last batch of anniversary covers were better and they weren't that great either. Off the top of my head I only remember Liam Sharp's and the one with Bronze Age Nubia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    That's a bit much - the Azzarello/Chiang/Akins run was a controversial run, it wasn't a universally derided run.
    Still, we don't ever want to see Zola again. Ever.

I'm... Not in love with any of the covers to be honest.

Surprised they fit in that 90's costume.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Still, we don't ever want to see Zola again. Ever.
    While I'm not anxious to see Zola again, I think saying we collectively don't want her back is a bit much. Others do like her and the run despite how divisive it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    While I'm not anxious to see Zola again, I think saying we collectively don't want her back is a bit much. Others do like her and the run despite how divisive it is.
    She's firmly become a symbol of the meandering 'find the baby' never ending story for me. You can like the run overall and still hate her because she was rural bumpkin plot device.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's firmly become a symbol of the meandering 'find the baby' never ending story for me. You can like the run overall and still hate her because she was rural bumpkin plot device.
    And that's fine. I don't like her either for similar reasons, but that doesn't mean other people don't like her.

I've seen comments over the years that some like her more than Etta. I cannot remotely wrap my head around that, but different strokes, etc.

Zola as a character bothered me the least among the things in Azzarello's run. I can take or leave her coming back.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Zola either but that's just a harmless poster homage to the New 52 era.

And as Agent Z brought up, she's not even in the like the top 5 problems I've with that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right? No Donna, Cassie, Hippolyta, Steve, Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Pyscho but hey, let's feature the New 52 Olympians and Zola(who absolutely no-one has asked to see again).
    Yeah. I get not wanting to put too many people on the cover but compared to the covers Green Arrow got and Aquaman has so far, Diana's covers look incredibly uninspired.

If it were "only" the missing characters, I might say deciding to do different media Variants is at fault, but the fact that they used pretty much the same pose for 5 Variants says a lot. And that Chiang is the only Variant artist that included any other characters probably says more.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I just find it a bit of a slap in the face to long time Wonder Woman fans that none of the characters I mentioned appear on any of the covers but Azzarello’s Zola does. Even characters like Mindy Mayer, Trevor Barnes, Nemesis, & Simone’s gorillas deserve to make a cover before Zola IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I’m just happy there is not a sword or shield in sight. Woo hoo!!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m just happy there is not a sword or shield in sight. Woo hoo!!

That is definitely a plus! Hopefully this is the beginning of a new trend.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.