Page 7 of 258 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The preview for Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe #1 features Travis Moore's story, lot of Donna and a shot of Cassie in the background if you want another look at how he'll fit on Wonder Woman.
    Again, nice artwork.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I don't think we should draw too many conclusions about characters from that splash page (and note that it does include Veronica Cale and Silver Swan in the background, behind Liar Liar).

I have no idea on how Becky Cloonan or Michael W Conrad are as writers, but at least they look well-regarded, and Conrad has experiences outside of the comics bubble. I'm a little worried that they only announce a single artist, unless they switch over to a monthly publication schedule. Otherwise we will only get another art disaster like that hit Wilson's time on the title.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I don't think we should draw too many conclusions about characters from that splash page (and note that it does include Veronica Cale and Silver Swan in the background, behind Liar Liar).

I have no idea on how Becky Cloonan or Michael W Conrad are as writers, but at least they look well-regarded, and Conrad has experiences outside of the comics bubble. I'm a little worried that they only announce a single artist, unless they switch over to a monthly publication schedule. Otherwise we will only get another art disaster like that hit Wilson's time on the title.
    It's Rebirth Circe behind Liar Liar not Veronica Cale. I think something that fills me with hope regarding the splash page is that I at least know this team knows these characters exist. I know that may sound like the bar is exceptionally low - and it kinda is - but some writers seemed to have absolutely no knowledge that there is a Wonder mythos with decades worth of history. This isn't me saying they'll actually use these characters or the run would be good. I'm just saying they've already shown a deeper knowledge of Wonder Woman with this splash page than G. Willow Wilson in her entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

I think who you're thinking of as Cale is Circe.

Which reminds me how much I don't care for Circe's Rebirth design .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    It's Rebirth Circe behind Liar Liar not Veronica Cale. I think something that fills me with hope regarding the splash page is that I at least know this team knows these characters exist. I know that may sound like the bar is exceptionally low - and it kinda is - but some writers seemed to have absolutely no knowledge that there is a Wonder mythos with decades worth of history. This isn't me saying they'll actually use these characters or the run would be good. I'm just saying they've already shown a deeper knowledge of Wonder Woman with this splash page than G. Willow Wilson in her entire run.
    To be fair, Wilson DID use Steve, Etta, Ferdinand, Hippolyta, Nubia, Cheetah, Cale and Giganta in her run. They were just all utilized poorly, if not right from the beginning than by the end when everything just farted out.

Cloonan at least I'm hoping will utilize them (and others) far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah it's weird how that design is sticking around. It's certainly not bad at all for being ONE of her looks, but it shouldn't be what she has 24/7.

Dodson's is still my favorite for her. In the Rucka run, I would have loved if she had her Rebirth design while she was meeting with Veronica, then zapped herself into Dodson's look when she confronted Diana for the first time.

I like it (it’s probably tied with Perez and the Dodsons for me), but I kind of wish some artists did what Jimenez did in one of his stories where she’s constantly changing her appearance on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah it's weird how that design is sticking around. It's certainly not bad at all for being ONE of her looks, but it shouldn't be what she has 24/7.

Dodson's is still my favorite for her. In the Rucka run, I would have loved if she had her Rebirth design while she was meeting with Veronica, then zapped herself into Dodson's look when she confronted Diana for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like it (it’s probably tied with Perez and the Dodsons for me), but I kind of wish some artists did what Jimenez did in one of his stories where she’s constantly changing her appearance on a whim.
    Circe's supposed to be this flamboyant, extravagant, witch. I feel like she should have a design that stands out more, or at least let it be her "game face."

They should've done what Liam Sharp did with Cyber and just have a big reveal of the "real form" at some point during the run.

You and PopQuezy are probably right about that.

But then, I don't care much for how Wonder Woman has treated Circe as a character at any time
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah it's weird how that design is sticking around.
    Maybe not too weird when you consider DC and Marvel want to go for a more modest look for most of their female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe not too weird when you consider DC and Marvel want to go for a more modest look for most of their female characters.
    Which is fair, but Circe definitely isn’t “modest” in any way. She’s as flamboyant as Joker and as arrogant as Lex, I don’t mind her having a “civie” form, but there absolutely should be a form for when she turns on the glamour. Cale would never wear an outfit that is over the top or shows any skin, it doesn’t fit her personality or modus operandi, but for Circe something like that does work imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which is fair, but Circe definitely isn’t “modest” in any way. She’s as flamboyant as Joker and as arrogant as Lex, I don’t mind her having a “civie” form, but there absolutely should be a form for when she turns on the glamour.
    She does alternate between looks, as seen in the Witching Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She does alternate between looks, as seen in the Witching Hour.
    Yep I remember that. I also liked her Witching War look even if it still didn’t look like 100% perfect for me. Love the three moon symbol in her hair though, that definitely needs to stick around:

Extraordinary Member

Travis Moore did some fill in work on Gail Simone's run, from Wonder Woman #44:

Yep I remember that. I also liked her Witching War look even if it still didn’t look like 100% perfect for me. Love the three moon symbol in her hair though, that definitely needs to stick around:
    This just reminded me of the Queen of Fables, even though the designs are still kind of distinct from each other.

Didn't dig this look, mainly the main center, at first but the fire hair is what kind of sold me on it.