Page 70 of 258 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol that is so precious. That feels like a very different take on Wonder Woman than what he previously did. She kind of seems like a beatnik Wonder Woman, which is definitely something I wanna see.
    He's drawn a few variations over the years:

Bonus:

This cover really makes me miss the world-build that the Chazzarello run brought to the comic. Yes, it changed the context of Wonder Woman's mission, in that it left her reasons for leaving the island a 'blank', which Brian never truly filled in, ..but, it gave Diana a quirky, imaginative world, from which to launch her stories and, occasionally, explore her backstory.

As Brian explained it, in interviews, Diana's weirdazz, cosmic-Olympian family was her Gotham...her iconic city. Conceptually, it was so well-built, you could pop out his comically imperious Hera for equally comically imperious Queen Desira, ..and cowgirl-everywoman Zola for original cowgirl Etta, ..without missing a beat. With the right editorial guidance, the right writer could have restored beloved original characters to the supporting cast, without wrecking the funky, weirdness of the Chazarello vision...

Maybe, created a second Golden Age of storytelling in Wonder Woman! This cover is magic, in how it makes you see the sadly unrealized possibilities ..of the now infamous '52. [Arrg!]

It's a shame Brian's storytelling was so agonizingly slow, and his extremes were so insensitive to Wonder-traditionalist fans, ..that most of us never gave it a chance. The Chazzarello period (not exactly deserving to be called an era) was, hands-down, the most iconic, since George Perez's run, ..and incontestably the most imaginative, since the Marston Golden Age.

Yep...a little misty, over here. Looking forward to the 80th anno issue!

Check out my blog expo, on the New 52, here, ..on Wondabunga! https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2021...der-woman.html

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-17-2021 at 04:46 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Bonus:

Yeah those variations are nice, but the reason why I loved the new anniversary cover was specifically because I've never seen Diana posing like a beatnik. I would love to see someone write her this way.

I mostly agree with you Mel Dyer. But I don't know why we're talking about it in this thread.

New 52 was the first time I read Wonder Woman books. I tried to start with George Perez but I thought all of those characters were so boring, specially Diana herself. Greg Rucka would've definitely been a better introduction. But once New 52 came around I really gravitated to te aesthetic of the book and how unsexualized Diana was. I think it was a great way to call attention to the Wonder Woman book.

Of course that eventually I discovered all the incredible things from the world of WW that run left out. But I think it could've been a great introduction to Wonder Woman of it was written by someone else.

Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad would actually be a great combination with Cliff Chiang's aesthetic. It might not be a bad idea to bring him back for one story arc.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-17-2021 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I mostly agree with you Mel Dyer. But I don't know why we're talking about it in this thread.

New 52 was the first time I read Wonder Woman books. I tried to start with George Perez but I thought all of those characters were so boring, specially Diana herself. Greg Rucka would've definitely been a better introduction. But once New 52 came around I really gravitated to te aesthetic of the book and how unsexualized Diana was. I think it was a great way to call attention to the Wonder Woman book.

Of course that eventually I discovered all the incredible things from the world of WW that run left out. But I think it could've been a great introduction to Wonder Woman of it was written by someone else.

Becky Cloonan and Michael Conrad would actually be a great combination with Cliff Chiang's aesthetic. It might not be a bad idea to bring him back for one story arc.
    This 80th anno cover is an homage to the Chazzarello run, as I see it. I didn't mean to get too far off-topic, in discussing it, though.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

#780 Cover by Travis Moore

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    In that interview Conrad let it slip at the 102-103 minute mark that "In the real world she's been around for 80 years and in the comic world she might have been around for longer then that." and that he "doesn't want to spoil to much there" so...

It better be because of time travel.
    Bringing this up since Superman and Authority #1 had a picture of Diana with JSA during WW2. It is not entirely clear if that book is not out of continuity at this point, but it sounds relevant to what was discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    When was the last time there was a Wonder Team? If ever?

What does he mean by floating island? Is it a reference to the embassy from Annual #4? It would be cool for them to build off the various Steve Orlando stories. I adored the world building in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aside from the occasional mini or something digital like Wonder Woman '77, Sensational Wonder Woman, or Agent of Peace , not many books for there to be Wonder Team. And even with those it's not like they effected what was going on the main book.

Think she's always bounced around the Superman, Batman, or Justice League groups.

When was the last time there were 3 cannon Wonder Woman or Wonder Woman adjacent books floating around.

Incredible Member

Don't worry, I'm sure Donna and Cassie will be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure Donna and Cassie will be ignored