Page 8 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which is fair, but Circe definitely isn’t “modest” in any way. She’s as flamboyant as Joker and as arrogant as Lex, I don’t mind her having a “civie” form, but there absolutely should be a form for when she turns on the glamour. Cale would never wear an outfit that is over the top or shows any skin, it doesn’t fit her personality or modus operandi, but for Circe something like that does work imo.
    I don't know. I can't see Lex or Joker pulling this off.

Seriously though, I do sort of get where you're coming from. At the same time, I think maybe Circe having a more, for lack of a better term, serious outfit could help her standing. And I think it would help the comics if revealing outfits weren't associated with female villains.

It's a dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seriously though, I do sort of get where you're coming from. At the same time, I think maybe Circe having a more, for lack of a better term, serious outfit could help her standing. And I think it would help the comics if revealing outfits weren't associated with female villains.

It's a dilemma.
    I don't see anything wrong with something like this:

Or this:

Incredible Member

It's a dilemma.
    Outside of the slave leia-esque bikini in DC Universe Online, I can't really think of any Circe outfits that I would consider super revealing. Most of her outfits have been evening dress like. I don't see any reasonable ground to complain about most of Circe's traditional outfits being too sexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think who you're thinking of as Cale is Circe.

Which reminds me how much I don't care for Circe's Rebirth design .
    Yeah, its a bad design. But at the very least I think it was established that she can and does change looks. The superior New 52 witch-look is just one of her disguises. Frankly it should be the other way around, "normal" appearances should be the disguise, but in the end at least it can be worked with and maybe someone else can give her a better look down the line.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, its a bad design. But at the very least I think it was established that she can and does change looks. The superior New 52 witch-look is just one of her disguises. Frankly it should be the other way around, "normal" appearances should be the disguise, but in the end at least it can be worked with and maybe someone else can give her a better look down the line.
    I didn’t care for the pig tails on that design but I liked that look also.

I would love to see the green or pink design back. In whatever form. Modest shouldn't mean boring. A nightgown look would be great. And as someone who also mistook her for Veronica Cale, I think it's important to distinguish their appearance. The Witching Hour one is pretty cool but it doesn't truly scream Circe to me. Yet.

I was a fan of those looks too. Honestly I think I've been a fan of every Circe look except the Rebirth one.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Or this:

These and the Rebirth look as a third place option are among my favorite looks for Circe. She was cool in JLD but I didn't care for her visual. It's fine for a limited time thing based on a power boost, but I don't want it to be her regular look.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    These and the Rebirth look as a third place option are among my favorite looks for Circe. She was cool in JLD but I didn't care for her visual. It's fine for a limited time thing based on a power boost, but I don't want it to be her regular look.
    Yeah, I think I’d have it like

Fighting Diana: JL Action or New 52
    Chilling on her island: Perez
    Walking amongst mortals: Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So we finally have a writer who will actually use the all of the Wonder Family? We have all three Wonder Girls on there.
    I too am pleasantly surprised, it is a refreshing change. I hope this marks the beginning of great things for Diana and co (goodness knows they are due). *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I vastly prefer her animated version. Animated Circe just looks so cool; a great color scheme and a dynamic overall design.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It's a dilemma.
    It’s a fine line I must admit. You want people to take a character seriously, turning them into cheesecake isn’t the way to do it. I do think there should be outfits that cover her up completely as a sign that Circe isn’t screwing around, but I also don’t think she should never wear something like what you posted since outfits like that do help Circe stand out and act as a visual shorthand for what makes her different from Cheetah or Cale or whoever.

Or this:

I like the purple hair and the green. If her hair was on fire with the tri-moon symbols like Witching War it would be perfect for me as her “combat” gear.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Or this:

I’m living for the second. The first looks like a Hela knockoff tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a fine line I must admit. You want people to take a character seriously, turning them into cheesecake isn’t the way to do it. I do think there should be outfits that cover her up completely as a sign that Circe isn’t screwing around, but I also don’t think she should never wear something like what you posted since outfits like that do help Circe stand out and act as a visual shorthand for what makes her different from Cheetah or Cale or whoever.
    A character's look should fit the character in my opinion, whether it shows some skin or otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m living for the second. The first looks like a Hela knockoff tho.
    I didn't really see it but I guess there's some Kirby green bodysuit influence, but it doesn't really strike me that way.

A character's look should fit the character in my opinion, whether it shows some skin or otherwise.

I didn't really see it but I guess there's some Kirby green bodysuit influence, but it doesn't really strike me that way.
    The second one looks more like something Kirby would design to me. Though I can’t say I’m a fan of it since I don’t care for that DCAU Circe episode.