Page 84 of 258 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3858

She comes back to the main earth in #780. The story is gonna start with her and Steve, and then in #781 she's gonna meet up with "an old friend"

That's good to hear.

They're aware of you people.

I was really excited when I saw that it caught on.

Are there any theories about who the "old friend" mentioned in the solicitations might be?
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-14-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

WONDER WOMAN VOL. 1: AFTERWORLDS
    Written by BECKY CLOONAN and MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    Art by TRAVIS MOORE, ANDY MACDONALD, JILL THOMPSON, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO, and more!
    Cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    $24.99 US | 264 PGS | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-279-6
    ON SALE 12/14/21

After her heroic sacrifice in Death Metal, Wonder Woman is swept away to the Sphere of the Gods. But when Diana lands in Asgard instead of Olympus where she belongs, an unexpected odyssey begins. Along the way she’ll meet old foes, new allies, and a deadly enemy that threatens to wipe her from existence forever!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    She comes back to the main earth in #780. The story is gonna start with her and Steve, and then in #781 she's gonna meet up with "an old friend"
    Steve gets a notification on his mobile phone.

Sigfried would like to know your location.

IT BEGINS.

I'm not even joking, I'd be down for a love triangle.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    WONDER WOMAN 2021 ANNUAL #1
    WRITTEN BY BECKY CLOONAN
    AND MICHAEL W. CONRAD
    ART BY ANDY MACDONALD
    COVER BY MITCH GERADS
    $5.99 | 48 PAGES
    VARIANT BY CARLOS D'ANDA
    $6.99 US (CARD STOCK)
    ON SALE 11/30/21

Since her return from the Sphere of the Gods, Diana has tried her best to reconnect with her past and those she left behind. But now the past is coming for her! It all begins when a mysterious man appears, claiming to know the dark history of the Amazons. Could his claims possibly be true? And what does this mean for our hero's relationship with those who still rule Themyscira? Judgment is coming for all the Amazons, and you won't want to miss this prologue story leading directly to the next chapter of the Wonder Woman epic!
    A man, with knowledge of the Amazons' dark past? Is that Amazon prince and Roman god, Virbius Rex, son of Antiope - Diana's cousin?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-16-2021 at 03:15 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    A man, with knowledge of the Amazons' dark past? Is that Amazon prince and Roman god, Virbius Rex, son of Antiope - Diana's cousin?
    Maybe it's Jason, her wonder twin He is the embodyment of a dark dark very dark past.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Maybe it's Jason, her wonder twin He is the embodyment of a dark dark very dark past.
    I'd hoped, for a little while, Prince Jason might return, as hailing from the same Earth, which Huntress and Power Girl came from...? HeroClix did a nifty Jason statue, and I can see smart marketing using him to sell toys. I can even see him, showing up for the kind of small stories, nobody writes, anymore - Christmas or a birthday party. Then, there's the crisis-story, when artists draw obscure superheroes, no one's seen in ages, into background scenes, ..and I can see Jason popping up, for one of those. But, truthfully...

I think it's really too late for Prince Jason. He should have been a parallel earth twin, from Rebirth. The Children Of The Gods arc should have been reworked, to introduce him, with a proper codename and ..to reduce Jason's presence, overall! I think Orlando tried to generate some lingering interest in him, by turning him gay...didn't work!

I predicted a Prince Jason toy, and HeroClix made me half-rite. I've been wrong, before, though.

Maybe, the man with the goods on the Amazons will be Hercules!

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-19-2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: content
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Jason delenda est.

I know that now all stories matter in this supraultramultiomniverse, but someone has to sit down and establish what would be Canon in the history of Diana and her family.
    Is she the daughter of Zeus or is she made of clay? Does she have a twin brother (Jason)? or two (Nubia)? Or zero? Cassie is the daughter of Zeus? or Lennox? Lennox exists? Donna ... well poor Donna.
    After so much reboot, the wonder family history is a mess.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I know that now all stories matter in this supraultramultiomniverse, but someone has to sit down and establish what would be Canon in the history of Diana and her family.
    Is she the daughter of Zeus or is she made of clay? Does she have a twin brother (Jason)? or two (Nubia)? Or zero? Cassie is the daughter of Zeus? or Lennox? Lennox exists? Donna ... well poor Donna.
    After so much reboot, the wonder family history is a mess.
    Im pretty sure DCs new stance is "everything matters and yet nothing matters" in terms of continuity. Though as of this moment Nubia is not Dianas twin.

So this would be someone from the Kanigher era? Just when Diana has to pick between Steve and Siggy, MER-MAN APPEARS AND TAKES HER AWAY!

cdd432e514729f49e0bac55570ef878e.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Out of curiosity, does Cloonan ever tweet bout Wonder Woman? I don't have a Twitter, otherwise I would check myself. I enjoy her and her perspective on Wonder Woman much more than Conrad, so I'm curious if she ever provides details - outside of interviews - regarding her thinking process with the character.