Page 89 of 258 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3858

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What chances do you guys think we will get Donna and Cassie in Wonder woman? I think yara and Diana will meet. But I really hope all four will meet each other.
    I think it's the same situation as it was before. It depends on if they're being used elsewhere or if they're allowed to use them. We're back on Earth with #780, so we'll see how it goes from there.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I will FIGHT DC if we find out that WW cant use her own supporting characters while they allow Cassie in WG and Donna in....whatever shes in.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I will FIGHT DC if we find out that WW cant use her own supporting characters while they allow Cassie in WG and Donna in....whatever shes in.
    If Tom King is allowed to shoot Nightwing in the head and upend his writer's entire run, I don't see why the Wonder Woman writers shouldn't be able to do what they want.

Arguably the character's lead writer should control that character's fate alongside the editor and artist, but since they set a precedent (and this team has yet to miss), why change from tradition?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I think it's the same situation as it was before. It depends on if they're being used elsewhere or if they're allowed to use them. We're back on Earth with #780, so we'll see how it goes from there.
    Fingers crossed.

As in German folklore, Siggy is the ex-hubby of one of the DC Comics' Valkyries and, thusly, related to the Baroness Von Gunther and Warmaster, ..through marriage.

I'm proud to say WONDABUNGA broke the story, and that Michael W. Conrad kindly gave us the scoop.

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...31133103640580
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-08-2021 at 02:12 AM. Reason: clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

A sword with a name that means "wrath" and (maybe) the spirit of a dragon inside? I truly hope that this doesn't eventually have sinister effects on Diana's psyche or personality or whatnot. The last thing I need is more perpetuating of Diana's "badass warrior chick with a badass sword" image (but I know that fanboys will love that).

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    A sword with a name that means "wrath" and (maybe) the spirit of a dragon inside? I truly hope that this doesn't eventually have sinister effects on Diana's psyche or personality or whatnot. The last thing I need is more perpetuating of Diana's "badass warrior chick with a badass sword" image (but I know that fanboys will love that).
    Well... Did you see the cover of #781?
    But anyway, I have faith in this team!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    As in German folklore, Siggy is the ex-hubby of one of the DC Comics' Valkyries and, thusly, related to the Baroness Von Gunther and Warmaster, ..through marriage.

I'm proud to say WONDABUNGA broke the story, and that Michael W. Conrad kindly gave us the scoop.

That's a cool find/confirmation. Thanks for the info Mel!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

No they didn't I broke it months ago here after reading the wikipedia page

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No they didn't I broke it months ago here after reading the wikipedia page
    Sometimes, a comic book adaptation of mythology leaves out or changes important tenets of the lore, for artistic reasons. Stan Lee introduced a 'Mighty Thor', who hadn't married Sif, yet, ..despite that he was thousands, upon thousands, of years old. Classical myth AND George Perez says Wonder Woman has a badass forest-king cousin, with a magic sword - Antiope's son, Virbius Rex Nemorensis - but, WW writers and editors ignore him.

I can speculate that Virbius Rex is a grown man-god, roughly thirtiesh, ..but, Perez may re-introduce him, as a baby or a very old man. No editorial confirmation.

Until the writer confirms what he's doing, with a myth, in a story or an interview, we really don't know, for sure. MWC says his Siegfried is the ex-husband of one of the Valkyries - in lore, a Von Gunther - that's a solid confirmation, ..and that is the story we broke.

I would love to find out that Siegfried was secretly Mister Genie. While I could do without the big, red cape, ..I would also like the Siggy action figure.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-08-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I have to imagine that eventually we're going to see Diana interacting with Donna, Cassie, Polly, Nubia, Yara, etc. There's a reason that they were all featured on the Infinite Frontier ad for Wonder Woman, and that reason sort of has to be that they're involved.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I have to imagine that eventually we're going to see Diana interacting with Donna, Cassie, Polly, Nubia, Yara, etc. There's a reason that they were all featured on the Infinite Frontier ad for Wonder Woman, and that reason sort of has to be that they're involved.
    Is it because they'll be featured or because DC was doing family covers and DC needed bodies to put in on Dianas?

I'm still fairly cynical and assuming that was just because they were doing themed covers with the Batman and Superman family titles also.

If that assumption is true then on the plus side that means no Max Lord or Liar Liar at least.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think I have said it before, but it's a shame that DC seems to work so hard to keep Diana away from her famliy considering how hard they work to promote (most) of the Bat and Super families.