Page 9 of 258 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I can see the Kirby influence in both, but the second just feels more like something Circe would wear. The shoulder pads are distracting, for me.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Had a thought...at first I was assuming Cloonen would be the writer with Conrad and Moore alternating on art. Wonder Woman has been one if the few books DC has left on the bi-weekly schedule. However, in an interview I read (somewhere, sorry can't remember...Newsarama probably) Cloonen and Conrad are the writing team with Moore being the interior and cover artist. While DC has done this in the past (Nord, Janin) i have to wonder if the book will be returning to a once a month schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Had a thought...at first I was assuming Cloonen would be the writer with Conrad and Moore alternating on art. Wonder Woman has been one if the few books DC has left on the bi-weekly schedule. However, in an interview I read (somewhere, sorry can't remember...Newsarama probably) Cloonen and Conrad are the writing team with Moore being the interior and cover artist. While DC has done this in the past (Nord, Janin) i have to wonder if the book will be returning to a once a month schedule?
    I'd hope so since these constant artist rotations have really brought down some of the previous runs.

Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd hope so since these constant artist rotations have really brought down some of the previous runs.
    Tbh - if all three of them were to potentially rotate on art it could be really interesting and consistent.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Tbh - if all three of them were to potentially rotate on art it could be really interesting and consistent.
    That would sound the best possibility if the book were to remain bi-weekly.

Extraordinary Member

DC Announces New Comic Talent and Titles At CCXP Worlds Brazil!
    New adventures featuring the Amazon warrior princess arrive on March 10, 2021 as co-writers Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and artist Travis Moore are the new Wonder Woman team, starting with issue #770. In this new story arc, Diana has to endure endless fighting – and partying(?) – as she tries to figure out why she’s in Valhalla, and why nobody seems surprised that she’s there.

Long shot but with Valhalla, this team would be win me over big if this first story involved Gundra.

Diana facing off against Norse Mythology is at least something relatively refreshing...wonder what kind of partying we're talking about here ?

An appealing premise on its surface.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Fingers crossed for Gundra.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Long shot but with Valhalla, this team would be win me over big if this first story involved Gundra.
    Yes, please! I don't see how they *could* do a story on Valhalla without Gundra. But I've been surprised before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Diana facing off against Norse Mythology is at least something relatively refreshing...wonder what kind of partying we're talking about here ?
    It’s Valhalla, so I think we can draw conclusions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yes, please! I don't see how they *could* do a story on Valhalla without Gundra. But I've been surprised before.
    Logically you'd think so, but they've let us down before lol.

But this creative team makes me think odds are a little higher with them than we've had in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Logically you'd think so, but they've let us down before lol.

But this creative team makes me think odds are a little higher with them than we've had in the past.
    Well, Cloonan apparently did say classic Wonder Woman fans would be happy...