Page 93 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3858

Marcio Takara will be the new artist, I do not know if I am familiar with his art, which he has been drawing lately?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The solicit and Conrad's tweet about an old villain makes me think we will see the Image Maker from this Silver Age issue:

Attachment 113865
    Yeah! Michael said it hasn't been used in 50 years, so it's very likely.

I'm guessing the ex in the solicit is Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Its not even a lasso of truth is the thing!
    Like, Peng Deilan is a snake from thousands of years ago that cultivated her spirit to the point that she could assume human form. And she became so awesome at this that shes also able to make weapons out of her own body when she transforms. (same logic for how you see animals shapeshift into clothes wearing people)
    Her lasso is literally an extension of herself and moves according to her will because it is literally a part of her body like a snakes tail
    And theeeeere in a nutshell is why Peng Deilan isn't more popular. That's a lot to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Marcio Takara will be the new artist, I do not know if I am familiar with his art, which he has been drawing lately?

Yeah! Michael said it hasn't been used in 50 years, so it's very likely.
    He'll be doing art on one of the WW 80th Anniversary stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's a lot to swallow.

But then again, Wonder Woman has rarely been simple herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    He'll be doing art on one of the WW 80th Anniversary stories.

I really love that Donna!

Its not even a lasso of truth is the thing!
    Like, Peng Deilan is a snake from thousands of years ago that cultivated her spirit to the point that she could assume human form. And she became so awesome at this that shes also able to make weapons out of her own body when she transforms. (same logic for how you see animals shapeshift into clothes wearing people)
    Her lasso is literally an extension of herself and moves according to her will because it is literally a part of her body like a snakes tail
    I'd just like to know when it became a different purple lasso. What issue, did that happen?

Anybody remember?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'd just like to know when it became a different purple lasso. What issue, did that happen?

Anybody remember?
    What do you mean? Peng lended her that lasso in that issue and then she used it a bit vs Cheetah, but then I think it disappeared in the middle of the fight and I don't think it appeared again. I haven't read the "New Super-Man" series but maybe Peng Deilan can just summon it whenever she wants since it's an extension of her body?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you mean? Peng lended her that lasso in that issue and then she used it a bit vs Cheetah, but then I think it disappeared in the middle of the fight and I don't think it appeared again. I haven't read the "New Super-Man" series but maybe Peng Deilan can just summon it whenever she wants since it's an extension of her body?
    I need help wrapping my head around that, right now.

I understand the cosmic and transcendental aspects of Peng Deilan*. What I don't understand is why her lasso is the same color, as the Purple Lasso, from the Fates. As I recall, Diana recovered her Golden Perfect, on a big splash page, in the issue, I mentioned. I can assume that she returned Deilan's lasso and other armaments, after she used them.

I really want to see Deilan and Diana in a story, together, and Deilan welcomed into the sisterhood of Amazons, as Fury, a Greek superheroine, eventually was. That is another matter, of course.

Anyway...looks like I've got to back track my Cloonrad issues and find out when Diana picked up a second [?] Purple Lasso, the one associated with the Greek Fates...who are also the Norns, it seems? This is new, because the Norse, Roman and Greek pantheons used to be separate.

The woes of how DCs editorial makeup works and chunks of Wonder Womans supporting cast being claimed by other titles aside, I really enjoyed this first arc of this run. A really strong showing honestly.
    Same here, Konja...

And I didn't mean my reply - just reread it - to sound so testy to your comment. My ire wasn't directed, at you; my problem is with the editorial reality of this comic.

I love that Siggy (Siegfried) has his own iconic look, firmly established, millennia-old backstory, ..is NOT from Greek myth, has a well-established sexual orientation, his own powers/weapons AND costume. This way writers can't mess with him, too much, ultimately screwing up his role in the comic. Mischievous, overtly sexy and he's basically Serena to Col. Steve's Samantha Stevens, ..IF the eds keep him around, long enough, to be a comedic rival for Steve.

He could be like the Wonderverse's answer to Superman's pal, Guardian ..or Steel.

Wonder W./Diana, Etta Candy, Col. Steve, Hippolyta, Siegfried, Holliday College and ARGUS - and all based in a fictional, X-filesy city, somewhere in the scenic, American Southwest! What a GREAT start, if that could actually happen! Won't, of course...

But, a Kangalier's gotta' dream - right? Heh.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-17-2021 at 02:45 PM. Reason: clarity, style
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The golden lasso is back

large-9117686.jpg

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

The golden lasso is back

large-9117686.jpg
    Maybe, maybe not. That's the variant cover, and there's usually a little more artistic license granted with those.

But I hope it is.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Anyway...looks like I've got to back track my Cloonrad issues and find out when Diana picked up a second [?] Purple Lasso, the one associated with the Greek Fates...who are also the Norns, it seems? This is new, because the Norse, Roman and Greek pantheons used to be separate
    Dude I already told you, the Cloonrad purple lasso first appears in issue 773 when Diana visits the Valkyries. The Valkyries capture Diana with it and she then keeps it. In issue 779 we see that it can command others, even to the point of ressurection. We also meet the Norns, who are covered in strings of fate that look just like the purple lasso Diana got from the Valkyries. So what we deduce is that the purple passo itself is also a string of fate, and that's why it can command others to such a powerful degree.

The Norns are like the Moriai/ Fates for the Norse Mythology. Our entire lives are embedded in strings of fate that they spin and determine.

The golden lasso is back
    Both covers for issue 780 showed Diana with the Golden Lasso. I assume that it comes back in the issue.

tumblr_4f92ed0ccea4a699a11c99cdd619570b_3d2be91a_400.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-18-2021 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    And theeeeere in a nutshell is why Peng Deilan isn't more popular. That's a lot to swallow.
    Shes not more popular simply because she hasn't gotten to appear in much. That sort of origin is actually fairly typical in asian folklores. Peng herself is supposed to be a character from 'the White Snake' a story so popular that they keep making movies about it

Shes not more popular simply because she hasn't gotten to appear in much. That sort of origin is actually fairly typical in asian folklores. Peng herself is supposed to be a character from 'the White Snake' a story so popular that they keep making movies about it
    Okie dokey but that's way more complicated than the made from clay origin and it was changed due to the misperceived perception that it's too complicated. Just saying.

Possibly to add to the confusion, but Donna Troy also had a purple lasso of persuasion. In her New 52 origin she was empowered/entrusted by the Fates so an enterprising writer could tie the purple lasso mystery up neatly if they so desired. All that's needed are some time shenanigans (which may already exist because of the God Sphere) to make it so Diana, Donna and the Valkyries were all using the same purple thread from the Moirai.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing the ex in the solicit is Steve?
    Has steve trevor showed up at all since DC changed Diana's age to be alive since the JSA was around? Because if that is steve trevor, shouldn't he be a old man at this point?