Default Geralt of Rivia vs MCU Captain America

1) Book version vs Cap

2) TV series version vs Cap

Sword vs Shield, who wins?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

What are some feats for Geralt? I know he do the whole Force-Push thing, but does he have any thing else that can keep Cap down?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Geralt has a sword, has slightly better reaction speed than Cap, and likely a bit better endurance (though Cap is pretty good there, Geralt has that feat of fighting a super strong monster all night long). Cap is otherwise stronger, more agile, and has a shield that might well just shatter Geralt's otherwise normal sword. They are both pretty close in soak at their high end, I'd guess, though Geralt has more low feats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I feel like the White Wolf's magic, limited as it is, is probably enough to clinch it given their physical stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I feel like the White Wolf's magic, limited as it is, is probably enough to clinch it given their physical stats.
    Yeah, I don't actually know the book or the game, only the show. There, it's... I don't know - I generally favor the quicker guy with the edged weapon anyway.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I've only seen the show. I'm going to echo the other sentiments here that Geralt probably wins a majority but its close.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Geralt has a sword, has slightly better reaction speed than Cap, and likely a bit better endurance (though Cap is pretty good there, Geralt has that feat of fighting a super strong monster all night long). Cap is otherwise stronger, more agile, and has a shield that might well just shatter Geralt's otherwise normal sword. They are both pretty close in soak at their high end, I'd guess, though Geralt has more low feats.
    I recall being strong but nothing overly special, as compared to Caps throwing motorcycle strength. If Cap can get around the sword with a punch or kick I don't see Geralt taking it to well. On the other hand Geralt seems like a much more skilled combatant with his swords, and he should be able to get around the shield.

When has the shield shown that it would shatter a sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I recall being strong but nothing overly special, as compared to Caps throwing motorcycle strength. If Cap can get around the sword with a punch or kick I don't see Geralt taking it to well. On the other hand Geralt seems like a much more skilled combatant with his swords, and he should be able to get around the shield.

When has the shield shown that it would shatter a sword?
    The shield cuts through metal like paper throughout the films. I'm not saying it definitely WOULD shatter a sword, but it's a consideration.

The shield cuts through metal like paper throughout the films. I'm not saying it definitely WOULD shatter a sword, but it's a consideration.
    Sure, especially when impacts are fueled by the super strength these two possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Sure, especially when impacts are fueled by the super strength these two possess.
    Exactly this. :-)

I suppose, to be fair, his sword hasn't been broken despite being used against various super strong monsters and crossing blades against other super humans, but... Nothing I recall indicates his swords are anything especially unusual. Kind of the opposite, really. He has a silver sword because it works better on monsters but a normal steel blade because silver is worse against people, armor, and other weapons.

Where as Cap has a sci metal that bounces shots from Iron Man and Thor. There's no doubt that Cap COULD break an ordinary sword with it, though do doing against someone as good as Geralt will probably not let him get a consistent opportunity to do so.

(though Cap is pretty good there, Geralt has that feat of fighting a super strong monster all night long).
    Ah, but Cap can do this "all day"
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, but Cap can do this "all day"
    And this is why we don't take character statements over feats.