Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

I like Hickman and actually want to read his stories and see what he has in store. Thats just it though... I want to read Hickman. The rest of the writers at thus point seem to be a nuisance and distraction. I just wish as Head of X Hickman could work a miracle and bring back Mike Carey

This just keeps getting better.

I'm truly enjoying the ride and loving the diversity. I have to say i was amused at the X-men aspect as well, it seems in a lot of ways hickman explains things the way i think so i love that. Kudos on making mutants great again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm truly enjoying the ride and loving the diversity. I have to say i was amused at the X-men aspect as well, it seems in a lot of ways hickman explains things the way i think so i love that. Kudos on making mutants great again.
    Same. The X-men are weird AF again. And each book is diverse. That’s for sure.

And between Percy’s Wolverine and X-Force, this is the best Logan has been written in years.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I like that he's put all mutants back on the table. I also hope that at the end the "new status quo" that sticks around is the X-Men no longer as "the persecuted ones".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With the release of SWORD 01, and Marauders 16 this week...I'm even more sold on this X-Era. I'm definitely looking forward to who does what next.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. The X-men are weird AF again. And each book is diverse. That’s for sure.

And between Percy’s Wolverine and X-Force, this is the best Logan has been written in years.
    Definitely the best logan in a long time.

You know whats funny, Hickman has basically turned the x world into my hero academia in that you can tell any street level story and it can involve nothing but super powered heroes. Thats kind of amazing imagining the spider man or dare devil of the mutant world. inherently it's on a different scale when normal citizens have powers. lol. it's an interesting corner.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All-New Member

As a big X-titles fan I've been ecstatic with the potential of Hicksmans X-men run, there are a few issues that have been hit and miss for me but overall I think this is the best time to be a mutant. I'm sad though because I rarely go out to the shop anymore to pick up issues due to Covid. I find it more interesting to explore mutants as a society rather then just heroes.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromRoomX View Post
    As a big X-titles fan I've been ecstatic with the potential of Hicksmans X-men run, there are a few issues that have been hit and miss for me but overall I think this is the best time to be a mutant. I'm sad though because I rarely go out to the shop anymore to pick up issues due to Covid. I find it more interesting to explore mutants as a society rather then just heroes.
    Absolutely and exactatiously.
    This era genuinely feels as though the mutant narrative is being pushed beyond and further than what has been previously established.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absolutely and exactatiously.
    This era genuinely feels as though the mutant narrative is being pushed beyond and further than what has been previously established.
    I think this is why Morrison hit it right on the head.

I mean there is another species of humanity, why wouldn't they have a society or at least want one?

Man, I'm telling you Hickman building on Morrison's idea of Mutant Culture and building a Mutant Nation is a stroke of genius.

I mean Fraction & Gillen were right on the edge of the idea with Utopia but they didn't go over because their X-Men still wanted to be part of Homo Sapiens.

What a time to be alive.

Hickman is simply super talented and has been able to work magic on any franchise he has worked on thus far.

I am very glad Marvel was able to bring him back and that staying on the purely creator owned arena for a few years didn't cause him to skip a single beat as he hit the ground running with the X-Men and continues with a great pace at this stage and very likely beyond.