Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Weapon X 20 summary/spoilers: because I知 still reading it

Spoilers: because I don’t know how to cover them

- The rest of Winter Guard is still alive after all aside from Ursa Major , or at least Vanguard/Red Guardian and DarkStar , since we have no confirmation of identity of current Crimson Dynamo

- Whole WG fights FLYING James who apparently beats them all by himself while chasing after his teammates

- Victor , Neena , and Yuriko all agree that James is the Apache Superman I.e. all of them PLUS Arkady < James , especially now that he’s mad as hell at them and not gonna take anymore

- Tiger Cub is given a name and confirmed by Arkady to be a boy

- Arkady’s past is revealed : he and his brother were the children of peasants and both their parents were scared to death of him even BEFORE his mutation activated , as he was already a serial killer and mutilator of their neighbourhood’s animals AND vagrants , as he caused the local beggars to “disappear”

- Arkady blames his Family for not helping him at all but brother says they were not psychologists and too poor anyway to afford such treatment

- Eventually his brother (not stated whether younger or older) secretly ratted him in time to the KGB who took him away and made him into their bioweapon . Arkady figured this out and told his brother he knows that he did it.

- Arkady’s brother reveals that Russian Govenrment is cynically using the demonization and persecution of mutants as distraction for masses from Russia’s national economic recession Wag-The-Dog style which is easy because mutants are already freaky and scary

- Weapon XForce invades SICKLE’s FUGLY (Neena) yet IMPRESSIVE (Yuriko) hellicarrier boxy-looking rip-off , which actually just stays in one spot with no visible propellers or anything (Arkady says it’s “Russian” so it’s “too stubborn to fall down”)

- they kill people in melee fighting and destroy the databases of SICKLE , especially their mutant registry , via a cybervirus which destroys ALL info about Russian mutants on global internet and causes explosions on all equipment used to upload/download such info and

- Arkady’s brother is shocked that Arkady is now a traitor* for siccing WXF on fellow Russians (aside from already being killer and madman) , but Victor tells him that Russian mutant prisoners who Russian govenrment put in gulag were all Russian citizens too , so he’s a hypocrite

- Victor livestreams all the action to the Foreigner , who is watching it while lounging with others in a public pool at an exclusive spa in a NYC highrise (there is even a gay interracial couple also making out in the pool)

- Foreigner is impressed and says that he is rebroadcasting it worldwide on the Dark Web where it has gone viral immediately and WXF is now the most popular merc group in the world at the moment with customers willing to pay double/triple/etcetera just to hire them

- James suddenly bursts into already-damaged Flying Fortress and prepares to give the ultimate beatdown to WXF
    Last edited by JDC001; 07-26-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

If Ursa Major died that's a shame, he is a very cool mutant.

I thought it was OK. The comic seems to be trying a little to hard to be a comedy book, in my opinion, but it didn't bother me to much.
    Where did it appear that Ursa Major died. I re-read the comic and couldn't find the scene.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Tiger cub's name is Kotik by the way.

None of the Winter Guard died.

Do not like the art and feel of this. Might drop the title.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    I thought it was OK. The comic seems to be trying a little to hard to be a comedy book, in my opinion, but it didn't bother me to much.
    Where did it appear that Ursa Major died. I re-read the comic and couldn't find the scene.
    I meant to say that prior to this , only Ursa Major was confirmed to have survived the massacre by the Intelligencia

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    That was always my biggest complaint.

Speaking objectively, the book is too non-serious. The characters's dialogue comes off like teen sitcom humor. When you have Sabretooth spouting memes, and lurking on twitter, I think you messed up. These are the wrong characters to use if you wanted a comedy. None of these characters are supposed to be teen sitcom stars. These are some very dark & gritty characters. Having them argue like frat kids, spout memes, and act silly isn't good. Make this a dark tale.

Honestly, Bunn was forced to write Blue, with the O5 and Pak got Weapon X. They needed to switch that up, and let Pak write the kids, and give Bunn the gritty characters. This could've been an awesome horror story with good developments. But, imo, Pak wasted the potential.

And it seems Pak didn't care for Weapon X either. Like how Bunn got stuck with Blue, it seems Pak got stuck with this. Bunn took Blue after having his request granted to keep Magneto. And Pak may have taken this book on request of using Hulk Cho, and having it be a launch for his Weapon H idea. But he didn't seem to have interest in the main cast of the book, and since the Weapon H arc ended, we've just been jumping around with random 3 chapter arcs. And none of the characters have motivations to really care about. Also adding my annoyance, is that Sabretooth actually was getting some depth & development from Bunn, only for Pak to ignore all of it & demote him to battered comedy relief. Even now with Sabretooth as the leader, Pak still doesn't seem to be taking him seriously, and adding Mystique doesn't leave me much hope either.

The solicit & cover for chapter 24 is morbid with the characters' corpses in a mass grave, and some threat to their lives. But the book has never been serious about anything. So it's hard to take that seriously, and not think it's just gonna be another comedy chapter.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-26-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Domino cannot get away from this team fast enough...hopefully sooner rather than later and there's no long lasting damage...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Domino cannot get away from this team fast enough...hopefully sooner rather than later and there's no long lasting damage...
    All these characters need to be away from Pak quickly. His depiction of Domino already spawned Gail's spin-off where she's Harley Quinn. So Pak's frat kid, mentally arrested-developed characters already seem to be catching on.

And the book doesn't seem close to ending. Even if it's just gonna run as long as Gold & Blue did, that's still another 12 chapters. And only IF they're gonna end it at 36 too. It may very well run t the end of 2019.

As a Domino fan, at least you have MIM, where I hear she's actually herself.

And as a Sabretooth fan, Claws of A Killer is the best he's being written currently. That, along with Exiles, is all i'm reading.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Okay,,,,,,but Pak's writing Domino just like how she was in KYost's X-Force. It's Simone's version that's deviating.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя・ Tycon View Post
    Okay,,,,,,but Pak's writing Domino just like how she was in KYost's X-Force. It's Simone's version that's deviating.
    Don't bother arguing with them, I've tried this exact line of logic before and all you get is "nuh-UHHHH" back.

Liked the issue. Continue to like the series. Ortiz' art is a hell of a change from Cinar but I dig his exaggerated expressions and he really knows how to bring motion into a dust-up.

Also: stop making me think Omega Red is a good character, Pak. I'm not ready for that. He's supposed to just be a lump of uncooked Cold War beef that Logan swings his hand-knives at a few times a year!
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Don't bother arguing with them, I've tried this exact line of logic before and all you get is "nuh-UHHHH" back.

Liked the issue. Continue to like the series. Ortiz' art is a hell of a change from Cinar but I dig his exaggerated expressions and he really knows how to bring motion into a dust-up.

Also: stop making me think Omega Red is a good character, Pak. I'm not ready for that. He's supposed to just be a lump of uncooked Cold War beef that Logan swings his hand-knives at a few times a year!
    Like, Dom puts herself at risk all the time over cash. Cause she's a damn mercenary. I don't get why everyone is so mad about that lol.

But yeah, Red & Kotik are so cuuute, Pak's attempt to humanize Arkady might be working....

Ultimate Member

Because Domino always got her money by doing jobs and missions and such, not obsessing about robbing a bank...

Thank for the recap JDC001! Did Pak give any clue for why Mystique is joining the team soon? (maybe she is disguised as Old Man Logan lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Thank for the recap JDC001! Did Pak give any clue for why Mystique is joining the team soon? (maybe she is disguised as Old Man Logan lol).
    Cus she's a villain, and she & Creed have been together since 2010. O don't think there's gonna be a lot of depth to it. Chances are, Creed just asked her to join, and she's hot nothing else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Cus she's a villain, and she & Creed have been together since 2010. O don't think there's gonna be a lot of depth to it. Chances are, Creed just asked her to join, and she's hot nothing else going on.
    Well I guess that works too lol.