Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

More human form, honestly. The wolf head makes her too much like a werewolf

More wolf, If you are going transform at least do more than just grow a little bit more hair.

I like the more human face when she is in her hybrid form. Save the wolf's head for when she is in full wolf form.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    I like the more human face when she is in her hybrid form. Save the wolf's head for when she is in full wolf form.
    I agree.
    Below are some transitioning phases that I like by artists.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    What is everyone's favorite look for Rahne when she's in her transition state from human to wolf?

Do you prefer a more human face or full on wolf face?
    Yeah, I prefer three different forms for Wolfsbane (human, hybrid and wolf), it's more visually appealing. Trouble is, hybrid face is a bit problematic, especially since Sienkiewicz presented that weird 'Wolvie' mop of hair that nobody other than him is able to manage well.

I think Blevins did a good work. I like the canine nose, the ears and the fangs --even the black lips may be animal-like.

Oh, and I truly adore this AU Rahne. She would be a worthy mate for Tank Girl.

Ultimate Member

In terms of art, Rahne in X-Force was/is easily her best period.

In terms of story telling, I'm still amazed how utterly worthless it was.

My favorite time for Rahne was her New Mutant beginnings.
    Nothing compares to it IMO. I think writers today don't know
    how to handle her and concentrate too much on making her
    love life the center of her world.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Fantastic Member

It is possible that rahnes son Tier will ever be brought back?

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    My favorite time for Rahne was her New Mutant beginnings.
    Nothing compares to it IMO. I think writers today don't know
    how to handle her and concentrate too much on making her
    love life the center of her world.

Peter David did WAY more than focus on her love life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    It is possible that rahnes son Tier will ever be brought back?
    Probably. His soul should theoretically be in some version of Hell so he can always just get broken out. But story-wise, he's more impactful as a person that Rahne has lost as well as the catalyst for the destruction of the X-Factor team.

My favorite stories about Wolfsbane were in Peter David's X-Factor. I liked her rivalry with Monet and interactions with Polaris. And I thought it was funny when she walked in on Rictor and Shatterstar. And I thought the book did a good job of exploring her spiritual beliefs.

I do think Tier should stay dead. His death was a big impact on her personal story and effected the rest of the team.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I do think Tier should stay dead. His death was a big impact on her personal story and effected the rest of the team.
    Tier is half-god so he can comeback at anytime, if PAD allows it that is. I don't see her forgiving Guido (or Monet) for causing her sons death since the only reason he stabbed him was because M was dying and used his new power to save her life. I was hoping that M will go see Rahne and comfort her but instead she rather get drunk and have sex .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Peter David did WAY more than focus on her love life.

Probably. His soul should theoretically be in some version of Hell so he can always just get broken out. But story-wise, he's more impactful as a person that Rahne has lost as well as the catalyst for the destruction of the X-Factor team.
    PAD did and he didn't.

In his first X-Factor series, Rahne was completely infatuated with Alex because she was in heat (since her first appearance, apparently) and in his second run, Rahne's plotlines were usually connected to Rictor, the Wesley to Madrox's Angel.

Rahne had other plots yes, but she almost always drifted back to the romantic, cliche ones

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    PAD did and he didn't.

In his first X-Factor series, Rahne was completely infatuated with Alex because she was in heat (since her first appearance, apparently) and in his second run, Rahne's plotlines were usually connected to Rictor, the Wesley to Madrox's Angel.

Rahne had other plots yes, but she almost always drifted back to the romantic, cliche ones
    In the second series, yeah for a little while. But after Rictor came out to Rahne, their subplots together were strictly as friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    Tier is half-god so he can comeback at anytime, if PAD allows it that is. I don't see her forgiving Guido (or Monet) for causing her sons death since the only reason he stabbed him was because M was dying and used his new power to save her life. I was hoping that M will go see Rahne and comfort her but instead she rather get drunk and have sex .
    I mean, Monet did rly ask to be brought back at the cost of Rahne's son. Plus, Guido and Rahne might gave made up already since they were hugging at Madrox's funeral.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I mean, Monet did rly ask to be brought back at the cost of Rahne's son. Plus, Guido and Rahne might gave made up already since they were hugging at Madrox's funeral.
    I call it "Secret Wars Retcon Bullshit." but hey Rahne has many friends that has access to Hell, Hades, Shit Pit or whatever its called at Marvel so she can visit him at anytime .

Ultimate Member

So we see Rahne again, with new WTF powers.

Wish writers would use characterization in place of power ups.