Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How the hell does he breath?
    If he flies fast enough (and doesn't hyperventilate), the air in a sphere that size could last 45 minutes or so, maybe more if he thought to pressurize it first (although that carries other risks...).

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I love that Magneto flies into space just by making a metal ball around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    It's why Our Lord is called the Master of Magnetism.

Such a baller move, and one of the many reasons Magneto will remain a staple of the X-franchise, who just surrounds themselves in a metallic shield then flies unaided to a space shuttle high above the Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, just because we gave Marauders crap for it: that arrival scene did not need two pages.

Anyway, I love the art and I am in a "give Ewing a shot" phase so I am looking forward to finding out what sort of story we get.
    True, but imo this shot is much more dynamic than the pages in Marauders, it seemed like the artist over there was just wasting page space. Whereas this artist more highlights the distance and length of time it could take to travel to the Sword base from Earth unaided.

Love everything about this so far, was a big fan of Ewing works since Mighty Avengers, he has that unique ability to write nearly any character yet fundamentally understand their core. It will be a wild ride to see what he does with Frenzy and Taki speaking of which is no one going to mention how similar his chair is to old school Xavier, which I adore btw.

If nothing else I genuinely LOVE how this era of X-men are organically, and gradually building up characters who for decades have fallen into limbo. It is so nice to see the machine actually take the time to place effort in minority characters by giving them substance and using them consistently enough where casual and new fans have the opportunity to get to know them. Seems like such a simple directive yet, since I've been reading comics, the late 90's, I've never seen the franchise as a whole all investing in the X-men and ensuring that everyone succeeds.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-07-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. I absolutely Taki's Xavier-inspired hover chair. It's a delightful nod to the 90's era.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Such a baller move, and one of the many reasons Magneto will remain a staple of the X-franchise, who just surrounds themselves in a metallic shield then flies unaided to a space shuttle high above the Earth?

True, but imo this shot is much more dynamic than the pages in Marauders, it seemed like the artist over there was just wasting page space. Whereas this artist more highlights the distance and length of time it could take to travel to the Sword base from Earth unaided.

Love everything about this so far, was a big fan of Ewing works since Mighty Avengers, he has that unique ability to write nearly any character yet fundamentally understand their core. It will be a wild ride to see what he does with Frenzy and Taki speaking of which is no one going to mention how similar his chair is to old school Xavier, which I adore btw.

If nothing else I genuinely LOVE how this era of X-men are organically, and gradually building up characters who for decades have fallen into limbo. It is so nice to see the machine actually take the time to place effort in minority characters by giving them substance and using them consistently enough where casual and new fans have the opportunity to get to know them. Seems like such a simple directive yet, since I've been reading comics, the late 90's, I've never seen the franchise as a whole all investing in the X-men and ensuring that everyone succeeds.
    Its kind of WILD too, when you think about it, because so many of these characters have been out of circulation for so long -- and there are SO MANY new readers since the Krakoa era began (Thx Hixman!) so they probably all feel FRESH -- rather than revisited, for so many of us long term readers. I'm so excited to reacquaint with these voices under Ewing's guidance. Its gonna be awesome.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its kind of WILD too, when you think about it, because so many of these characters have been out of circulation for so long -- and there are SO MANY new readers since the Krakoa era began (Thx Hixman!) so they probably all feel FRESH -- rather than revisited, for so many of us long term readers. I'm so excited to reacquaint with these voices under Ewing's guidance. Its gonna be awesome.
    As a long-term reader myself....Absolutely. They do feel fresh and new and interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

THe Art is on point. And I hope Ewing brings the thunder to this series, because it has three of my fav characters. Magneto, Agent Brand and Frenzy. I'm not sure who the kid is in the chair. I've been in and out on X-Men since the whole cloning rebirth thing.

Ewing loves to use unknown characters and I love that about him this cast is so unique. Cable can go though I get this station was his big moment in X of Swords but damn the kid is everywhere so he can GO!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    How the hell does he breath?
    Another thing being a master of metals he can probably increase the iron in his red blood cells, probably increasing haemoglobin and so enriching his oxygen retention capacity. So it will make him more efficient with less air than a normal person would.Just a guess

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes. I absolutely Taki's Xavier-inspired hover chair. It's a delightful nod to the 90's era.

Ya know it really is the small things

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Agreed, I've expressed my issues with Hickman's X-men but the scope is truly impressive to witness first hand, especially when as you mentioned so many of the characters he's using have been relegated to obscurity. But it also shows that it is possible to give the major X-characters focus while giving other staples of the franchise a real voice. Look a the job he's done with the New Mutants, they've never felt more important as they do now other than under Claremont and the early 90's. Seeing Magik being thrusted amongst top tier X-men, the role Doug has played throughout the founding of Krakoa, Roberto being his usually eclectic self.

As a X-men fan first, I won't soon forget this era, and unfortunately I know it can't last forever, but I'll be damned if Hickman hasn't both created and revisited so many important staple of the X-men while also actively pushing for more representation. As for Ewing I'll go on record and say he might be the best thing to happen to Frenzy and Taki the former of which we have not seen consistently since X-men Legacy almost a decade ago. Look forward to his touch trinkle outward to all the other books and other characters, his Magneto is already looking to be a fave of mine.

BANNED

I dont know why people are giving credit to Hickman, when it is clearly ewing that like to use many obscure diverse characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As a long-term reader myself....Absolutely. They do feel fresh and new and interesting.
    Agreed. What a time to be an X-Fan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I dont know why people are giving credit to Hickman, when it is clearly ewing that like to use many obscure diverse characters.
    ? Because he's literally the author of this entire era and he recruited Ewing to be a part of the X-staff? No one is insinuating that Hickman handpick the team for this book or was responsible for outlining whatever plot Ewing is gonna write.

Fantastic Member

I just looked at the covers for SWORD #2 and 3, and they both have "King in Black" logos - I hope the crossover service doesn't derail Ewing's stories too much so early.

Gonna get 2 copies
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I just looked at the covers for SWORD #2 and 3, and they both have "King in Black" logos - I hope the crossover service doesn't derail Ewing's stories too much so early.
    I mean, given that Brand got pissed at being left out of the loop when it came to the Cotati invasion thus rendering Alpha Flight irrelevant, it’d kinda look bad if SWORD didn’t get involved with King in Black.