Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Default Cyberpunk 2077

ive been hurt by hype before but this time im sure it will be fine

what lifepath will you start as? what kind of playstyle are you aiming for

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Currently planning to be Corpo and for once not be the outright goody two shoes I usually play in games - not a ass hole but certainly not quite a hero either. Something of a more amoral version of Rhys from Tales From The Borderlands. (Who also had to deal with a hologram dead guy only he could see.)

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I love the controversy over the game by some places. Its more funny to see right now which is helping drive the game's promotion.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Gonna wait it out and grab this for Christmas day. Not doing much this year for obvious reasons, so I can get acquainted with this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I love the controversy over the game by some places. Its more funny to see right now which is helping drive the game's promotion.
    The hilarious thing is people who are essentially moaning about nothing. I trust that CDPR know what they're doing and that it'll be a great experience. Interested to see who can be romanced and how the paths will differ.

Should I bother with this if I got bored of Witcher 3? Witcher 3 turned into a highly repetitive slog of level gated fetch quests and the potions and oils were largely a waste of time.

I'm not in a hurry to get this. I'm going to wait first to get a ps5 lol and second for some discount.

Started the pre download on GOG, so I think we're finally safe from further delays.

planning on Street Kid, Corpo, then Nomad in that order

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sigh, let me guess Kotaku and Polygon? Don't worry those sites are coming up on their expiration dates.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sigh, let me guess Kotaku and Polygon? Don't worry those sites are coming up on their expiration dates.
    Kotaku used to be Jason Shriver and everyone else. Now it's just everyone else and 'Why is every third article about being offended about something, make it every other article or else!'

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

most reviews saying it's a solid game with bugs

basically 2020 goty, good job CDPR

Main problems i have heard of so far, bugs infested, the AI needs a complete rework, driving is a pain, the UI is a mess, hand to hand combat not so great and the game doesn't seem to be that long if you stick to the main storyline.

Not my own experience though of course, just the first feedbacks from some websites i keep an eye on.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Kotaku used to be Jason Shriver and everyone else. Now it's just everyone else and 'Why is every third article about being offended about something, make it every other article or else!'
    Yep...in a video I watched people were mad over some advertising that was done lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    There was once a time when the people responsible for the garbage articles that you see on gaming sites would have ended up in music journalism.

Unfortunately music journalism is dead and they absolutely hate sports so they ended up in games journalism. Once their sites die off I wonder where they will go to next.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

There was once a time when the people responsible for the garbage articles that you see on gaming sites would have ended up in music journalism.

Unfortunately music journalism is dead and they absolutely hate sports so they ended up in games journalism. Once their sites die off I wonder where they will go to next.
    Probably into cultural gatekeeping, amirite fellas?