Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 144

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This is rich coming from the Anthem die hard.
    Just observing the giant bias. Really like a game that took 6 years to make-"Oh let's patiently wait another 6 months for them to get their **** together cuz it's cd-red." Ugh.....The dick-riding is so obvious. What happened to angry schmo,wrong yeah and all the other concerned tubers? Who said a game should be perfect from day one? Oh they shut the eff up now. Gamers wonder why the get a bad rep this why. Constant brand bias and d-riding. Nah I'm not a fanboy, I don't do that. If I like a game I like it. I don't let others tell me what play or attack **** based on who made it. I got a mind of my own. Unlike....
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 12-11-2020 at 07:56 PM.

  2. #32
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Well I had a game breaking bug(s).

    Not only did textures get extremely muddied but dialogue cut and then played everything at once a few minutes later. Interactions are also missing or perhaps unusable when they should be and the polygonal citizens is just all around bad (not to mention polygonal doors they open). Basically the game ran so poorly I couldn't proceed due to interactions as well as everything looked bad on top of just not knowing where I'm going as a result. I don't normally bitch about framerate, but like Miles Morales before it there are cutscenes where I actually can't tell if that's just the fx of the game or if that's the framerate chugging along.
    Now I know we talk a lot about games which are released in unfinished states, no Cyberpunk isn't finished.
    It's not finished. Predator Hunting Grounds didn't have much to do at launch, Avengers tried to coast on brand recognition, Anthem was Anthem and god only knows Fallout 76 had flub after faceplant. But all those games actually work. Cyberpunk at the moment is a technical disaster which is ironic given what it's about. Like this was in production before next-gen consoles and had various delays. What skew had they been aiming at? Because if this was intended to actually run on newer hardware, you're full of ****.

    First impressions really are that this game is gonna be a train wreck everyone is desperate to stop.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  3. #33
    BANNED Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Just observing the giant bias. Really like a game that took 6 years to make-"Oh let's patiently wait another 6 months for them to get their **** together cuz it's cd-red." Ugh.....The dick-riding is so obvious. What happened to angry schmo,wrong yeah and all the other concerned tubers? Who said a game should be perfect from day one? Oh they shut the eff up now. Gamers wonder why the get a bad rep this why. Constant brand bias and d-riding. Nah I'm not a fanboy, I don't do that. If I like a game I like it. I don't let others tell me what play or attack **** based on who made it. I got a mind of my own. Unlike....
    Yeah, it's curious how many creepy fanatics that brand has managed to gather around itself. And for what? One game, the witcher 3 lol.

    But it reminds on another brand who has also at some point enjoyed that kind of cult-like submission, Bethesda.

    Wheels turn. They always do.

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    12,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Incredible levels of Kool Aid drinking on twitter from fan boys insisting that it's unreasonable to buy a new game for a seven year old console and expect that game to work properly.
    Quoted for truth.

  5. #35
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    13,867

    Default

    Everything I been seeing and hearing this game is not functional on current gen consoles. I'm on PC which appears to be the most optimize version of the game. It's a shame it's in this state because it's amazing when things work.

  6. #36
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Patch didn't fix any issue on PS4.

    Like I get they developed for older consoles that outstayed its welcome, but if you're developing for that hardware you can at the very least have it run properly on the hardware. PS4 and Xbox One being older at this point does not excuse them having charged money for this and the game hardly works.

    EDIT: The world is just so fucking empty. Like why go through the trouble of even making it if you had nothing to do? Well I decided **** it and jumped on a car to see Night City. I got warped across the map all the way to Jackie and proceeded to get one shot by an enemy who just popped in. Really? CDPR actually thought this was finished?
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 12-12-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Well I had a game breaking bug(s).
    Every time I think of jumping to modern games, I hear something like this and decide to stay retro.

    SteamPunk had so much potential.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Yeah, it's curious how many creepy fanatics that brand has managed to gather around itself. And for what? One game, the witcher 3 lol.

    But it reminds on another brand who has also at some point enjoyed that kind of cult-like submission, Bethesda.

    Wheels turn. They always do.
    Yeah man. I think ppl get caught up in wanting to be a part of something but for the wrong reasons. But like you said them wheels keep turning.

  9. #39
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    11,808

    Default

    Ive been having fun. It was never gonna live up to its hype, but its still good. Some frustrating things though like the bugs and lack of transmog or character customization beyond the character creator.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-29-2020 at 04:32 AM.

  10. #40
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    13,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Patch didn't fix any issue on PS4.

    Like I get they developed for older consoles that outstayed its welcome, but if you're developing for that hardware you can at the very least have it run properly on the hardware. PS4 and Xbox One being older at this point does not excuse them having charged money for this and the game hardly works.

    EDIT: The world is just so fucking empty. Like why go through the trouble of even making it if you had nothing to do? Well I decided **** it and jumped on a car to see Night City. I got warped across the map all the way to Jackie and proceeded to get one shot by an enemy who just popped in. Really? CDPR actually thought this was finished?
    Empty? I see NPCs everywhere. Even the most derelict of spots got a group of thugs. The map is filled with different types of missions.

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Empty? I see NPCs everywhere. Even the most derelict of spots got a group of thugs. The map is filled with different types of missions.
    On PC the streets are full. If you are on Xbox or PS 4 you get about 3-4 NPC wandering around at most.

    Digital Foundry did a comparison video on YouTube showing the differences.

    I feel like CDRed knew the game was gonna be junk on release for console players but as long as they could hide that fact before launch and appease the hyper vocal PC gamers on release they knew they'd get away with it.

  12. #42
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Empty? I see NPCs everywhere. Even the most derelict of spots got a group of thugs. The map is filled with different types of missions.
    Running on PS4. PC things can be optimized to run smoother and really see what CDPR wants you to. On PS4 I'm basically told to go screw myself because they ironically couldn't code for **** on console.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    What a disgrace. The bugs I can handle but the developers made it sound like you could pretty much play it any way you want, romance whoever you want etc but it’s basically run around and shoot things and there’s two characters that can be romanced if you’re a same sex attracted bloke.

    Extremely below even the lowest of expectations and I’m on ps4. I wasn’t expecting a ps5 game but I was definitely expecting something more than slightly better Goldeneye 64 type graphics.

  14. #44
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    13,867

    Default

    I'm grinding out side quests so I haven't reached any love interests yet. Some of these quests are crazy. I ran into guy with a malfunctioning penis while cruising around and took him to a ripper doc for some cash. A stealth mission where I had to go to a gay strip club and steal info from the club owner office, what should have been a simple delivery mission end up going south as the package was a person who was being hunted by tiger claws, and a mission where I had to track down autonomous cars who's AIs were going through depression, anxiety and other mental and personal issues.

  15. #45
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CM Punk's House
    Posts
    21,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everything I been seeing and hearing this game is not functional on current gen consoles. I'm on PC which appears to be the most optimize version of the game. It's a shame it's in this state because it's amazing when things work.
    Its being said PS5 seems to be handling it better than what PS4 can...right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Every time I think of jumping to modern games, I hear something like this and decide to stay retro.

    SteamPunk had so much potential.
    The rule of thumb for a lot of new games is ...wait 6-8 months for the bug patches and more to come out for fixes. Bioware by the time they patched Mass Effect : Andromeda had alienated a lot of people at launch with it and the game just never recovered sales wise.

    On one hand CD Project Red had developed good will with 2 Witcher games that really sold players BIG TIME. That people believed they could do no wrong etc. Which is good and bad as we see. People are still willing to give the company time to patch it out and fix the game. Others are like f em.

    Personally I'll wait 6-8 months before getting the game. This should give the game time to be patched better and more.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •