Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    So, i'm hearing that saves are capped at 8mb on the PC. And if you craft and loot heavily during your playthrough, your save file will be corrupted.

Lots of players have lost their saves because of this.

I think I'll get this game NEXT Christmas. Too much crap around this.
    I have given up on it for now

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I might get clapped by the save cap. I been looting everything I find and stash most of it in my apartment. Guess I have to go to the nearest drop box and unload.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    What a shame. I wonder if there’s a studio out there that could deliver a cyberpunk game but good to kind of fill the appetite for a bit at least?
    Invisible, inc. is a pretty good turn by turn game. If you like cards game there is System Crash you may wanna try. If you want something more action oriented there is Satellite Reign. The Shadowrun games are there also if you want old school rpg. (the Hong Kong one is expecially good)

For your FPS appetite there are of course the Deus Ex games.

All on Steam, more or less cheap.

CD project might get sued by their investors
    https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-1...ng-information

Well If Avengers gets they're **** together and release the big Wakanda expansion early next year they might have a chance to bounce back. Been playing 2077 on PS4 and I'm not impressed. The shooting and driving mechanic are clunky. The graphics look ok when they are fully rendered but half the time things arent rendering fully. I really enjoy what I Have gotten of the story. I might have to put this aside and come back when a patch makes the game functional.

Seems like the corrupted saves issue is only on PC and it's destroying a lot of players' games/ saves...

Gotta feel bad for the poor bastards who worked their asses off, have been crunched to death, just for this game in the end to be released in such a state.

I mean, gee...and now they are being whipped into making patches and fixing the mess.

But how delusional someone must be to go and say, yeah, release it on PS4 and Xbox One, it's gonna be fine.

Makes me wonder what was the reasoning behind it. To bet everything on the fanatic CDPR fans? The ones making fun online of the seizure cases? It's crazy cause right now they are hurting the one single most important thing for a brand, its reputation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Gotta feel bad for the poor bastards who worked their asses off, have been crunched to death, just for this game in the end to be released in such a state.

I mean, gee...and now they are being whipped into making patches and fixing the mess.

But how delusional someone must be to go and say, yeah, release it on PS4 and Xbox One, it's gonna be fine.

Makes me wonder what was the reasoning behind it. To bet everything on the fanatic CDPR fans? The ones making fun online of the seizure cases? It's crazy cause right now they are hurting the one single most important thing for a brand, its reputation.
    This is the Daikatana of this generation. CDPR saw itself as little Romeros out to make the gamers their b-tch and ended up proving to be Sony's.

I think it's a mix of incompetence and hubris. Nothing else.

Is this going to be the worst year in gaming history?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Is this going to be the worst year in gaming history?
    Well we had...

Animal Crossing New Horizons,
    Half Life Alyx,
    Spider-Man Miles Morales,
    Ghost of Tsushima,
    Immortals Fenyx Rising,
    AC: Valhalla,
    Demon's Souls Remastered.
    The Last of Us Part II (which granted I wasn't hot for, but a lot of people really did like it).

The new console launches and a bunch of other titles.

Cyberpunk 2077 being a huge letdown (to put it mildly) doesn't undo the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This is the Daikatana of this generation.
    I can't sign off on this. Even with the mess of bugs and glitched there's a good game here. Daikatana was ass start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well we had...

Animal Crossing New Horizons,
    Half Life Alyx,
    Spider-Man Miles Morales,
    Ghost of Tsushima,
    Immortals Fenyx Rising,
    AC: Valhalla,
    Demon's Souls Remastered.
    The Last of Us Part II (which granted I wasn't hot for, but a lot of people really did like it).

The new console launches and a bunch of other titles.

Cyberpunk 2077 being a huge letdown (to put it mildly) doesn't undo the rest.
    Yeah I agree I would even go so far as to say this has been one of the best years in gaming

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can't sign off on this. Even with the mess of bugs and glitched there's a good game here. Daikatana was ass start to finish.
    In terms of hubris and tragic fall from grace.

Before Daikatana, John Romero was a respected and admired developer when he did genre FPS shooters. Then when success and fame got to his head, he decided to do a really big ambitious game, founded a big expensive company with a lot of hype surrounding him, i.e. growing too big too fast. All that with an ad-campaign promising to make you his b-tch.

CDPR had the same arc. Respected and admired developers who did RPG games. Success and fame got to their heads. Decided to do really big ambitious games, went from a niche regional company in Poland to major AAA title, i.e. grew too big too fast. And they had a big ad campaign promising that "the whole game is going to be a meme".

In that sense, it's the Daikatana of our time.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i switched from my gunslinger build a few hours in to a full on netrunner/hacker -- it's so much fun & really safe on very hard mode

just clearing out area from like a block away using the camera networks

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Makes me wonder if all the planned dlc and multiplayer spin-off will get cancelled now since they’re having to pull focus this hard on just making the game playable for most people. As others say I really feel for the development team - I would have honestly been happy with them delaying the game another year if they had been honest about it.