Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Per Gillen's latest newsletter him and Mora are planning on doing 9 issues of Once & Future in 2021...Mora is a machine.
    This brings a smile to my face.

Her work on X-23, Supergirl: Being Super, and the Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass graphic novel was pretty good. No one bats 1.000, even the pros.
    Last edited by joybeans; 12-24-2020 at 11:23 PM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Okay than there’s a chance but it doesn’t help now that people including myself are making fun of the Starfire book and how bad her Wonder Woman run was.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Her work on X-23, Supergirl: Being Super, and the Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass graphic novel was pretty good. No one bats 1.000, even the pros.
    I thought her X-23 run was solid enough, though I think the latter two works benefitted from not being set in a specific continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought her X-23 run was solid enough, though I think the latter two works benefitted from not being set in a specific continuity.
    Maybe she's one of those authors that does their best work when they have creative control? I know a lot if her stuff that seems to be the best received was her original fiction.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

I didn't mind Supergirl: Being Super, so I'll see what she can do on 'tec.

DC should've kept Tomasi on the title, though. I just read the latest issue of Detective last night and really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 12-25-2020 at 09:31 PM.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Wow.
    I thought Batman/Superman was good(and it was!) but yeah, this is what I've been craving from a Batman book for years. Tamaki, not only weaves a yarn with a lot of tension and mystery but with the party Bruce attends actually having names and back stories to the wealth there with him it actually feels human which is something that's been missing for a while. With out the man there can be no Batman, I mean the super heroics are fun and are definitely the main draw but with out the human element it's just guys in funny clothes punching each other which only gets you so much enjoyment.
    And the Robin back up? Yup that was a win for me too, sure it was just a tease for the upcoming Damian Wayne solo Robin book, and yeah the Enter the Dragon premise it sets up isn't super original but the energy was fun so I'll certainly be checking it out even if it's a little light weight in comparison to Detective.

I thought this was a good read
    For what it’s worth I’d recommend it

Mora seems kind of hit or miss to me. Sometimes he really shines, sometimes he seems kind of lazy to me. My only exposure to him is DC stuff though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is it me, or is anyone else getting a Rupert Thorne/Hugo Strange vibe from this first issue?

Extraordinary Member

The blood forming a bat symbol on this Mora cover is so dumb but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The blood forming a bat symbol on this Mora cover is so dumb but I love it.

That character direction of being close to the people sure fizzled out quickly.

"He is no longer the protector the city needs, and definitely not the one it deserves." I think they're going to have a hard time selling that.

I mean I am all for detective comics being a bat-family book, I think the creative team has done a great job so far utilizing other characters especially Huntress.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I love Tamaki and Mora, but I really wish Mora could finish just one arc without a fill-in artist at the end. Besides the fact that Mora was the main draw for me, it's always jarring for me to see another artist take over the story, even if it's at the end. I'd even be happy if Mora did alternating arcs, but seeing as I would probably just skip the arcs he didn't do, I'm not sure DC would be willing to take the loss if every fan with similar preferences did the same.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I still think "international Batman" is out of character for Bruce. It's always been about preventing what happened to him happening to someone else in Gotham.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-