Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Yeah, I read her She-Hulk run and Wonder woman, Tamaki is, at her best, an average writer. but nothing abominable, she will just be a forgettable writer for a title that has unfortunately known many other bad authors.
    Have to disagree here. I didn't read her on Wonder Woman but her She-Hulk run was AWFUL as was her Hunt for Wolverine mini-series. Yet she keeps failing upwards.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

lol you can tell who only reads cape stuff in here, cringe.

anyway, finally some good food. no more “bad man bad man bad bad bat bat batman” nonsense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Have to disagree here. I didn't read her on Wonder Woman but her She-Hulk run was AWFUL as was her Hunt for Wolverine mini-series. Yet she keeps failing upwards.
    Failing upwards is a bit much, she's had some misses but she also just won the Eisner for Best Writer.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I haven't read Wonder Woman but I though her She-Hulk was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    lol you can tell who only reads cape stuff in here, cringe.

anyway, finally some good food. no more “bad man bad man bad bad bat bat batman” nonsense.
    I think Tamaki has been more successful with her indie or creator-owned stuff in comparison to her mainstream Big Two work. So I think it's a valid concern.

And, as dumb as that line was, I don't think it had any bearing on the majority of Tomasi's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I haven't read Wonder Woman but I though her She-Hulk was great.
    At the very least she wrote She-Hulk better than what came after her run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My issues with Tamaki aside, this is the first time we've had a female writer on 'Tec, let alone writing Batman since Devin Grayson on Gotham Knights.
    congrats to Mariko, hopefully it's a good run.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I haven't been excited for Tec since the beginning of Rebirth. Nothing against Tomasi, I just didn't think he had anything interesting to tell about Batman after his amazing Batman & Robin. I owe to myself to read some indie comicbooks by Tamaki, but it's great to have a female voice in the title. Dan Mora's pencils look SPECTACULAR. This might bring me back to Tec, but probably in a collected edition. I expect it does well in sales and reviews
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I had high hopes after the House clean but it seems i celebrated too soon.

Urgh, very disappointing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    The execution was boring, but the central idea was interesting, and when you compare with what Aaron did after with She-Hulk, it's a thousand time better. But I think she is not a good super-hero writer. We will see, she is still new in mainstream comics, maybe she will prove us wrong with this run.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Hmm, a good writer and good artist team. Might have to check it out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I feel like tamaki quality depends on the task shes given. She hulk had her forced to deal with bendis's mess (i think her civil war 2 state made run over hated)and the issue she didn't have to deal with that was perfect she hulk. For x-23 she was forced to remove all traces of All new wolverine from her as a editorial mandate the issues where that didn't happen ex first 6 were good, last 6 had to deal with the stupid editorial decision the quality dropped. Hunt for wolverine shouldn't count because it was a **** show over all and those tie ins were just ment to stall for soule to rewrite the scriped over and over again.(the only important part was psylocks old body but that could have been in the end of soules astonishing run) Shes great at dealing with characters mental states and her 3rd party work is good dark detective looks great. It should be fine

Astonishing Member

For those who've read her work:

Do you think she can write a basic Batman & friend versus the villian-of-the-week story?
    Could she create a good Bat-villian?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    For those who've read her work:

Do you think she can write a basic Batman & friend versus the villian-of-the-week story?
    Could she create a good Bat-villian?
    I think so. Maybe not anything to write home about, but I think she can.

BANNED

Not good news.